What are you watching? Film/TV

Movies, TV and other video based media
fractal-machine
Has been

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Post by fractal-machine »

War of the Worlds 1953
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

The Baby Of Macon (Peter Greenaway 1995)
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Finished The Boys, 9/10 capeshit, on par with the first season of Daredevil.

Edgy as fuck though and Starlight, hngggggggggggg
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I watched this little gem on the weekend.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Avengers Endgame was actually great, a hell of a lot of fan service and way better than the film that it preceded.

Although I don't think I would have lasted the entire 3 hours watching it at a cinema, fuck that.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:11 am Avengers Endgame was actually great, a hell of a lot of fan service and way better than the film that it preceded.

Although I don't think I would have lasted the entire 3 hours watching it at a cinema, fuck that.
I thought they both were really well done. I think I prefer Infinity War more so the for the action and cliff hanger ending. The fan service in Endgame is typically well done though, but I'm not a huge fan of the whole time travel thing - I know it makes the fanservice possible, but it just feels like a bit of a cheap way out of the bind the Avengers were in.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The only reason I didn't like the cliff hanger ending was I knew there was going to be a massive ass pull to get them all back, actually that's why I didn't like the first movie, it was just a set up for the second.

Just release a 6 hour movie Disney FFS
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:45 am The only reason I didn't like the cliff hanger ending was I knew there was going to be a massive ass pull to get them all back, actually that's why I didn't like the first movie, it was just a set up for the second.
I get where you are coming from - we all knew they'd find a way to turn it around. Still, I enjoyed the bleakness of it, and the artistry of the ending of IW.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I'm still pissed about GoT though.
SteveBobSteve
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

snazzlefrass wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:37 pm I'm still pissed about GoT though.
Yes. Now that I've had the time and distance to reflect on that last season I still feel disappointment to the extent that when my mum tells me shes about to start watching it I tell her how much she'll love it but think to myself what a shame it doesn't end as it began.

A bad ending to a series really spoils its legacy and with series and franchises being so overly milked these days I find myself appreciating a finite story arc and production plan.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Yeah I feel bad for the actors. A bad ending for a great series. To spend that much time and energy on something and end it like that is shitty.
SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm not too annoyed over GOT, the story more or less panned out like I expected. I think I've said before though, my main gripe is that the last season was all too rushed. The decision to jam it all into 6 episodes was a silly one, and while it's reasonable to feel bad for the actors, I can't help but feel that casting was likely part of the reason for that.
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

I spent the last 6 months before the final season speed watching the entire run (had not previously seen them before as I hate hype). I quickly realized it really was a great show. Was absolutely flabbergasted with season 8 how it ended! May main gaff was how little of the white walkers was in season 8. To me that was the main story Arc. Right from the first scene it set the tone for me. Also Jaime's demise! And don't get me started with King Bran...
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Started watching True Detective recently. I'm on episode two now. I really like the way the three timelines are used, and the main character's memory issues seem like they are going to spawn some surreal moments. I'm excited!
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Russian Doll was interesting. Looking forward to seeing what they do in season 2.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

gamebounty wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:49 pm Started watching True Detective recently. I'm on episode two now. I really like the way the three timelines are used, and the main character's memory issues seem like they are going to spawn some surreal moments. I'm excited!
Series 1 of TD is incredible - one of the best shows ever. Never got around to finishing Season 2 or starting Season 3 though
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Yea season 1 was great. I skipped season 2, but season 3 looks like it could be almost as good as the first.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Glass.

Such a shame , always really enjoyed unbreakable, split was a good watch too and I'd been keen to check this out. Was turned off by terrible reviews but finally gave it a chance today going in with low expectations.

Ended up really enjoying the movie for the first 90 minutes and then of course Shamafuckhead has to go and ruin his hard work with an attempt at a clever ending. Was so close to being throughouly bloody enjoyable start to finish too! Wanker!
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Kittaan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:11 pm Russian Doll was interesting. Looking forward to seeing what they do in season 2.
Yeah I watched the first 3 episodes but couldn't get into it.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Don't watch 'another life' (Netflix); utter crap.
doof_supreme
Maynard Believer

Post by doof_supreme »

The Boys - Fucking gem. I read the comics a couple years back and dug them alright, and the TV adaptation improves on the property in every way. It's a little edgy and over-the-top, but Antony Starr's performance deserves every award, just fuckin brilliant. Lovable bastard characters, cynical-satirical take on supes, great writing, just all around best thing I've seen on TV lately. Check this out.

Letterkenny - Got recommended this a while back, started it up a few nights ago. Pretty good stuff, feels like Trailer Park Boys with better production value. I like my humor dry, and this show brings the sandpaper.

The Wire - I haven't watched this recently, I just like to mention that The Wire is the greatest television show of all time.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Mind Hunter S2 is out. Right up my alley

Fincher directing again
Deftones!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It was kinda aimless, I enjoyed it but not as much as season 1.
Canned audience laughter
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

I've been watching Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team in my free time. All that 90's animation wrapped around a pretty serious story. Feels more gritty than a lot of the other MSG installments I've seen.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The Righteous Gemstones - the first episode had me in tears!
Canned audience laughter