Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Post by Ravenpig »

So it was even dumber
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah. If superman had gotten caught like that he could have used his super strength to get out without anybody knowing it. Pa Kent got his foot caught behind a car. Nobody could see what it was caught on. They would have just seen Supes bend over and then he could have just ran away at a normal speed and he would have been fine.
Don't mow your lawn
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Bosch is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boner-inducing.
I like to poop naked.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Captain America: Civil War

A lot more enjoyable than I presumed it would be.

Didn't really like the motives of "the villain" though. Seemed a bit clichéd.

7.5 / 10
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Just saw that too. The villain's motives were cliche, but the results weren't. I thought it was very good as well.

You'll probably hear a lot of "best comic movie ever" chatter over the next few days but I don't think it is.

It does, however, have some of the most impressive fight/action scenes I've ever seen.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'll tell you guys if it's the best comic book movie ever over the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

And what are we supposed to do in the meantime??
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Until then, assume that Superman 2 still reigns supreme!
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Synder is a bit of a hit and miss Director. (Watchmen...I really wanted to like it...but overall sucked a bit) Man of Steel was pretty cool. Batman v Superman is dreadful apparently!

Captain America is the winner for recently released movies...
Deftones!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, Winter Soldier is probably the best comic movie of recent note, so it pleases me that Civil War is reviewing well.

I liked Man of Steel as well, but apparently it's shit!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Winter Soldier is my favorite comic book movie. I look forward to seeing Civil War soon.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

I wasn't planning on seeing Captain America: Civil War, but I ended up getting to go to a free screening tonight and...wow! What a fun and well made movie.

I thought The First Avenger was alright and that Winter Soldier was better (although I honestly don't remember much of what happened in that one). I wasn't really impressed with either of the Avengers films though.

I definitely recommend checking Civil War out in the theater. I'd say it's on par with Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.
Last edited by nxrm on Sat May 14, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

markuspoop wrote:Bosch is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boner-inducing.
Oh! Still haven't checked it out? You're missing countless tv-boners.

This show is Gold, Jerry! Gold!
I like to poop naked.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Lady Dynamite, the new Netflix show starring Maria Bamford and created by Mitchell Hurwitz (Arrested Development) and Pam Brady (South Park), is pretty damn good. I finished up the first season earlier today and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm not sure what they'll do with a second season, but I want to see it happen so watch this show damn it!
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Lady Dynamite,..
Hmmm...okay...if you insist...I'll check it out...
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Interesting...always thought Arrested Development was one of the best TV shows to come out of the US.

Not sure if its out in OZ/NZ or US. But a film called Victoria (German) is awesome. All done in one 'shot' or so it claims... however if there are any cuts they hid them well in the edit!
Deftones!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Lady Dynamite, the new Netflix show starring Maria Bamford and created by Mitchell Hurwitz (Arrested Development) and Pam Brady (South Park), is pretty damn good. I finished up the first season earlier today and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm not sure what they'll do with a second season, but I want to see it happen so watch this show damn it!
I watched the first episode last night. It's weird and wacky. Definitely not "mainstream." Not really my thing either, but I see how it could gather a following. Thanks for the recommendation.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The first episode is a lot weirder and wackier than the rest. It's still pretty weird and wacky but the later episodes do calm down a bit.
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:The first episode is a lot weirder and wackier than the rest. It's still pretty weird and wacky but the later episodes do calm down a bit.
Having watched the episode last night I actually read the AV Club interview with Bamford. It helped me understand the show a bit more: http://www.avclub.com/article/maria-bam ... ugs-237015

I ended up watching the BBC Sherlock episode 'The Abominable Bride' afterwards. I've really enjoyed that series and somehow missed this episode. Hopefully they continue with this series.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

earthrocker wrote:Interesting...always thought Arrested Development was one of the best TV shows to come out of the US.

Not sure if its out in OZ/NZ or US. But a film called Victoria (German) is awesome. All done in one 'shot' or so it claims... however if there are any cuts they hid them well in the edit!
I have "Victoria"on my saved films to watch later list. I will move it up. I had read a bit about it and viewed the trailer. One of those films I figured I needed to be in the mood for.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Just watched the pilot of "The Preacher". Worth a look, a pretty good start with some cool characters.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Just watched Victoria and I concur earthrocker is was an excellent watch. At over two hours one take is an amazing achievement and the principle character rarely has the camera leave her.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a film that so captures how people go out and randomly interact with strangers on drug/alcohol fueled adventures. There is so much communication in that state that is not spoken and the actors do an amazing job with this. I would love to have watched a rehearsal for this movie.
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Glad you liked it Liz! The acting, especially the two leads, was phenomenal to watch....

Apparently they shot the 2 hours 3 times across the weekend, obviously at night,.... and the Director chose the best one out of them :shock:
Deftones!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

'Victoria' was definitely a trip. Sometimes boring, often uncomfortable, but quite an accomplishment...especially considering it was all one take.

Thanks for talking it up you two. I don't think I would have watched it otherwise.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

FInally got around to watching Deadpool. Had it's moments, but ultimately a little flat and predictable for me. 6/10