What are you watching? Film/TV

Movies, TV and other video based media
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

NYHC81 said

The Boss said
Finishing "ENTOURAGE" tonight, then probably going back in time to the Sylvester McCoy era of "DR WHO".

I'm not fucking around. You read that right.

Entourage? what do you have queued on Netflix next? Sex And The City along with a compilation of Axe Body Spray commercials?

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strength, so I'll say it again: I'll be watching "DR WHO" next.

I really don't feel the need to explain my media-consumption habits to you, or anyone else. Sure, what I watch might be cheap, but compared to some of the bullshit you fucking idiots swallow, I'm looking like the most sophisticated motherfucker in the world right now.

Sorry if I don't feel capable of watching high-brow cinema every day after studying full time and working full time. You fucking smug cunt.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss said

NYHC81 said

The Boss said
Finishing "ENTOURAGE" tonight, then probably going back in time to the Sylvester McCoy era of "DR WHO".

I'm not fucking around. You read that right.

Entourage? what do you have queued on Netflix next? Sex And The City along with a compilation of Axe Body Spray commercials?

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strength, so I'll say it again: I'll be watching "DR WHO" next.

I really don't feel the need to explain my media-consumption habits to you, or anyone else. Sure, what I watch might be cheap, but compared to some of the bullshit you fucking idiots swallow, I'm looking like the most sophisticated motherfucker in the world right now.

Sorry if I don't feel capable of watching high-brow cinema every day after studying full time and working full time. You fucking smug cunt.

^ Another example of why Crow is my brother from another mother.  You know what show I miss?  Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations.  I like that dudes attitude and the show was always interesting.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

NY is good ppl too.  You two need to kiss and make up.  NY rocks out to some Inside the Actor's Studio.  Lipton is a gangster.  That's right bitches, James Lipton is a pimp.  Literally *NY knows what im talkin bout*!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

And speaking of cool shit, I watched Lincoln tonight.  Daniel Day-Lewis is a fucking genius.  The best actor in the world in my opinion.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Don't worry Crow, a few douche-nozzles on here have tried to slam me for watching Entourage too.  Like them watching Love It or List It is any better.

As for No Reservations, while it was a good show, The Layover is essentially the same thing so one can still get their Bourdain fix that way.
I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

M0gZilla said
NY is good ppl too.  You two need to kiss and make up.  NY rocks out to some Inside the Actor's Studio.  Lipton is a gangster.  That's right bitches, James Lipton is a pimp.  Literally *NY knows what im talkin bout*!

He's fine. I just don't appreciate being judged for something that I admit is purely for decompression.

I'd like to know what the people here read, if at all. That's always a true test of how intellectual or cultured you are . . .

. . . according to some people.

Like anyway seriously gives a fuck what anyone reads, watches, or listens to. Dicksizing with our cultural tastes has become a fucking blight on the internet.

That said, the way some people write on this forum is a pretty good indication of what level of education they've achieved. And it's pretty embarrassing.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said
Don't worry Crow, a few douche-nozzles on here have tried to slam me for watching Entourage too.  Like them watching Love It or List It is any better.

As for No Reservations, while it was a good show, The Layover is essentially the same thing so one can still get their Bourdain fix that way.

^ Yeah the Layover is cool, but just not the same.  I think No Reservations was an hour long show as well.  Regardless it's good shit.  I never really got into Entourage but that wasn't because it was a bad show.  I caught a few episodes here and there.  I like Californication.  Not a show I watch every week but I catch it when I can.  Only show I watch every week is Game of Thrones.  I used to watch Spartacus.  That first season with Andy Whitfield is one of my all time favorite shows.  Haven't followed it since he passed away from Cancer.  The dude that they got to replace him is fucking terrible.

Speaking of Duchovny, man do I miss the X-Files.  I fucking LOVED that show and I still wanna fuck Gillian Anderson to this day.  They need to do another X-Files flick.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Man back in high school me and a buddy used to get stoned on Friday's and watch The X-Files.  Talk about some good stuff.  A few years ago Best Buy was doing some nonsense where they were selling individual seasons of The X-Files for $10.00.  Made sure to load up on those and still have a handful of seasons laying around here somewhere. 
I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I adored that show, too. You must be a bit older than I, or started smoking weed way before I did. "X FILES" was the fucking business.

You know what upped that ante? "MILLENIUM". Chris Carter did that after "X FILES". It surpasses it in ways that will make you weep.

Go download and watch every single fucking episode right now, then get back to me. I'll wait . . .
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

OK, just one more recommendation: "CARNIVALE". It's an HBO series, and got criminally cut short. It still makes sense, but you get the feeling that it was going somewhere else at the end.

That and "MILLENIUM" I strongly believe are compulsory TV viewing. Oh, as well as "GAME OF THRONES". And "OZ".
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss said
OK, just one more recommendation: "CARNIVALE". It's an HBO series, and got criminally cut short. It still makes sense, but you get the feeling that it was going somewhere else at the end.

That and "MILLENIUM" I strongly believe are compulsory TV viewing. Oh, as well as "GAME OF THRONES". And "OZ".

Oh shit forgot about OZ.  GREAT show!

Can't forget about South Park.  And Chappelle Show.  Fuck I won't even try to count how many times I watched both seasons on DVD.  I remember when it first started on Comedy Central.  Pure genius.  That was a show I never missed each week.  And Dave always had talented rappers/musicians on as well.  Remember when Mos Def kicked that sick freestyle?  Good memories.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

M0gZilla said

The Boss said

Can't forget about South Park.  And Chappelle Show.  Fuck I won't even try to count how many times I watched both seasons on DVD.  I remember when it first started on Comedy Central.  Pure genius.  That was a show I never missed each week.  And Dave always had talented rappers/musicians on as well.  Remember when Mos Def kicked that sick freestyle?  Good memories.

I do, actually. I was heavily introduced to that show by an American friend here a few years ago. (You actually remind me a lot of him).

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said
I adored that show, too. You must be a bit older than I, or started smoking weed way before I did. "X FILES" was the fucking business.

You know what upped that ante? "MILLENIUM". Chris Carter did that after "X FILES". It surpasses it in ways that will make you weep.

Go download and watch every single fucking episode right now, then get back to me. I'll wait . . .

Millennium was a great show.  Anyone who missed out needs to check that shit out.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

The Boss said

M0gZilla said

The Boss said

I do, actually. I was heavily introduced to that show by an American friend here a few years ago. (You actually remind me a lot of him).

Is that the one when he's rapping about what real beef is? that's the greatest shit ever. something like "beef is oil prices and geopolitics, beef is Iraq, West Bank and Gaza Strip" that one? before he did it on Chappelle he did it live on the radio and my phone blew up that night. great rapper.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

M0gZilla said

The Boss said

I can't watch those Allstate Mayhem commercials and not think of O'Reily!!

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

M0gZilla said

only Carlin video I haven't seen. wow

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

NYHC81 said

^ Fuck yeah.  I fucking love Prometheus.  I think Scott got it completely right and I honestly think it is far superior to all of the Alien movies.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

M0gZilla said

NYHC81 said

^ Fuck yeah.  I fucking love Prometheus.  I think Scott got it completely right and I honestly think it is far superior to all of the Alien movies.

I watched about 10 minutes of it and it seemed really corny.  Maybe I'll give it a chance again some day.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

no shit I watched it twice this weekend. got better each time. just remove the Alien or Ripley preconceived notions and enjoy it as an excellent stand alone sci-fi movie. haven't watched a movie twice in a day since (coincidentally) the Blade Runner directors cut came out on Bluray. his attention to detail and set design blew me away. the 3D version in theaters was fantastic. and it even pops out at you on a nice 3D Samsung in your apartment.

@Mog did you hear the second installment is moving forward? it's supposedly called "Paradise". can't wait to see Noomi all wrapped up in bloody bandages being chased by engineers on a nightmarish planet full of giant face huggers.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Prometheus was a good movie.  It's no Alien, Aliens or Bladerunner though.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

The first alien in the Paradise pics above looks like a T.Rex.

I was kind of bored half-way through Prometheus, so hopefully Paradise is better.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

NYHC81 said
@Mog did you hear the second installment is moving forward? it's supposedly called "Paradise". can't wait to see Noomi all wrapped up in bloody bandages being chased by engineers on a nightmarish planet full of giant face huggers.
Yeah dude I am super stoked about the second installment. I like Prometheus so much better than the Alien movies. I thought Scott did a masterful job of leaving the story so open. I hate how often the thematic elements in current movies are spoon fed. Scott intentionally left a number of questions unanswered. Some of those questions will no doubt get answered in the next installment but even if there wasn't another movie in the works I like the fact that he left questions unanswered.