Post by UndKeineZwEier »

"I thought we were stealing bikes!"
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Post by Calfium Jay »

The new Hobbit was merely "satisfactory". The parts that Jackson wrote himself to pad out the series REALLY stuck out as being weaker plot points / character development.

Certainly the least satisfactory of the six Jackson directed Tolkien films.

6.2 / 10

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]

just great
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Inherent Vice screener leak. holla.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:Inherent Vice screener leak. holla.
woo-hoo!! I've been waiting for this movie, thanx!!
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Inherent Vice will be awesome. And then some more.

Now watching:

Death Wish II

:o
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Calfium Jay wrote:Inherent Vice will be awesome. And then some more.

Now watching:

Death Wish II

:o
I'm not a hater when it comes to remakes but I always said they should never remake Death Wish or Mad Max, and stood by that until today. I went to the local theater put on my 3D glasses, fully reclined my seat and watched a brand new trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road. let me tell you, holy shit people!! maybe it was the way it was cut or the 3D or the insane sound system they just installed but...I mean HOLY SHIT!!! what a fucking ride that was!!! I have to backtrack and say that this remake or re-telling or whatever it is happens to be a fantastic idea. not sure if it's a sequel, prequel or a reboot. it's George Miller so I guess he can do whatever he wants, Mad Max is his baby after all. the guy hasn't directed a live action movie in 25 YEARS!! and this one looks incredible.

anyone else see this 3D trailer?! thoughts?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I wouldn't call the new Mad Max a remake personally. And yes, the new trailer looks excellent. I've only seen the 2D one on Youtube though.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:I wouldn't call the new Mad Max a remake personally. And yes, the new trailer looks excellent. I've only seen the 2D one on Youtube though.
this movie is going to jump off the screen in theaters. with all the heavy weights duking it out in the box office for 2015, this might be your sleeper blockbuster of the year.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

been off this week and I watched a slew of movies so far. the big ones. a few real quick notes..

Inherent Vice was a wonderful wild ride that leads to absolutely nowhere, very good movie and a lot of fun. GREAT acting all around. Martin Short rules.

Battle Of The Five Armies in 3D was awesome as hell, I think I read somewhere it has the longest real time battle scene's in cinema history? it lasted for over an hour I think. could've used more Beorn at the end, as I remember from the book he raised a lot more havoc than the 5 seconds of screen time I saw.

Exodus: Gods and Kings was good, typical Ridley Scott, you either love his movies or hate them. some of the casting was a little bit silly but the visuals were intense, Bale did a very good job so did the actor who played Ramses. not sure who he is. plus Ben Kingsley is always stoic.

American Sniper, I mean what can I say.. I'm kind of sick of these American propaganda war movies of late. Bradley Cooper was bad ass but did we really need another movie justifying the killing of women and children? there's no honor in that no matter how much you edit it with sad music and tears. Clint is a better director that this.

The Equalizer, Denzel doing his usual routine of saving young white girls from gangsters. the killing scenes were somewhat original, I had low expectations for this and it didn't disappoint those. which isn't really saying much. on a positive note, look out for Marton Csokas. I have not seen any of his previous works, he definitely stole the show.

The Drop is Gandolfini's last film, I had to watch this again being the first copy I saw was trash. it's an excellent Brooklyn street tale, gritty, realistic. Tom Hardy is fast becoming one of my favorite actors. Noomi does her usual excellent work, she was very haunted, broken and beautiful. Jimmy G's last scene's are almost a farewell to his life that we never received. the man was a master craftsman and will be missed I'm sure.

any one have anything to add about the above?

still have to see 71', Revenge Of The Green Dragons and The Gambler.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Currently watching The Interview, first impression is that I seriously can't take James Franco seriously.
Edit: Do not watch this movie.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Not sure how I feel about this:

http://www.avclub.com/article/fox-offic ... wha-214003

On the one hand I think it's best to just sort of let it go, The X-Files had a good run and I don't think it needs to come back.

On the other hand: Gillian Anderson!!! (And David Duchovny to a lesser extent.)

Hm, I'm going to really need to search my feelings on this one.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The idea of the X-Files coming back gives me a massive boner, even if it's shit.

But I think TV has changed a great deal since the original series - TV is a lot more plot driven, which in my opinion would be a good thing for the show.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Ettan wrote:Currently watching The Interview, first impression is that I seriously can't take James Franco seriously.
Edit: Do not watch this movie.
Word.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Loulz. It should surprise no one that the movie sucks.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

There's a good reason why the movie "hacked" and "leaked" by the "North Koreans".
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

HB, the Interstellar screener leaked. I must say I enjoyed this movie much more the second time around. it still ranks lower than a few of Nolan's previous works, not saying that I was disappointed but I admit my expectations were WAY to high for this movie.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:HB, the Interstellar screener leaked. I must say I enjoyed this movie much more the second time around. it still ranks lower than a few of Nolan's previous works, not saying that I was disappointed but I admit my expectations were WAY to high for this movie.
I saw it on the big screen a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed it and thought the realisation on the screen of scientific concepts like wormholes as spheres was terrific.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

liz wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:HB, the Interstellar screener leaked. I must say I enjoyed this movie much more the second time around. it still ranks lower than a few of Nolan's previous works, not saying that I was disappointed but I admit my expectations were WAY to high for this movie.
I saw it on the big screen a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed it and thought the realisation on the screen of scientific concepts like wormholes as spheres was terrific.
I think you're terrific for posting on the most interesting point of the movie.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The special effects were the real star of that movie, that's for sure. I'll probably buy this at some point and give it another watch on the TV screen.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:The special effects were the real star of that movie, that's for sure. I'll probably buy this at some point and give it another watch on the TV screen.
Matthew McConaughey's acting was sharp too, plus the young lady who played his daughter was EXCELLENT.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

He was ok, I wouldn't have said the acting was a strong point in the movie though.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:He was ok, I wouldn't have said the acting was a strong point in the movie though.
oh hell no and with that list of heavy hitters you would think it would have been, very strange.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the internet has more leaks than the Iraqi Navy.

Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Watching interstellar in an IMAX theater coupled with a packed house was almost too intense to watch. I don't like movie theaters. Fucking people chomping on food, talking, sneezing. I'm looking forward to the blu-ray.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy