Page 101 of 105

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:11 am
by tys0n
On Becoming a God in Central Florida is the best new comedy of 2019 for mine.

Hugely underrated.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:13 am
by Kittaan
Really good rec on The Boys. Very much enjoyed the first season. So dark and funny. Many unexpected elements.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:27 am
by ziggy23
Joker (2019)

10/10

A W E S O M E

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:41 pm
by tys0n
Joker - 20/10 practically flawless, give Todd Phillips Batman.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:03 am
by earthrocker
Wow Goliath S3 is out today.

Hope it redeems itself after a dodgy second season.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:03 am
by liz

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:43 pm
by Calfium Jay


Interiors (1978)

Best Woody Allen film next to Radio Days to not feature Woody Allen.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:22 am
by tys0n
El Camino was actually great, better than season 5 imo.

Bravo Vince!

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:57 am
by hellboy
tys0n wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:22 am
El Camino was actually great, better than season 5 imo.

Bravo Vince!
Not sure I'd say it's better than any Breaking Bad season, or Better Call Saul. I enjoyed it though. I found the ending somewhat anti-climatic though.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:18 pm
by Busty McCracken
tys0n wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:22 am
El Camino was actually great, better than season 5 imo.

Bravo Vince!
Better than season 5?! Not even close for me. It wasn't that it was bad by any stretch bad at all, more just kinda felt pretty unnecessary and surprisingly predictable which up until the this point the show had never really been.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:58 am
by bob
tys0n wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:41 pm
Joker - 20/10 practically flawless, give Todd Phillips Batman.
its a must someone would be talking about this.. i dont care for Superhero movies very often,hardly ever but this is diff and friggin awesome. just see it!

How about another joke Tyyson..... haha

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:47 am
by tys0n
Joker is literally critically outranked on RT by just about every single Marvel film ever made.

Joker's 68% is almost equal to the bottom of the barrel Marvel film: Thor 2: The Dark World and the turgid 'The Incredible Hulk', which both have 67%.

Whats even more eye-opening, Joker's rating amongst 'Top Critics' is only 44%. That's 4.4/10.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:08 am
by earthrocker
tys0n wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:47 am
Joker is literally critically outranked on RT by just about every single Marvel film ever made.

Joker's 68% is almost equal to the bottom of the barrel Marvel film: Thor 2: The Dark World and the turgid 'The Incredible Hulk', which both have 67%.

Whats even more eye-opening, Joker's rating amongst 'Top Critics' is only 44%. That's 4.4/10.
Why is it on RT...when the critic score is high the audience score is lower and visa versa. Rarely are they ever on par with each other?

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 pm
by Kittaan
Busty McCracken wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:18 pm
tys0n wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:22 am
El Camino was actually great, better than season 5 imo.

Bravo Vince!
Better than season 5?! Not even close for me. It wasn't that it was bad by any stretch bad at all, more just kinda felt pretty unnecessary and surprisingly predictable which up until the this point the show had never really been.
Semi-Spoiler warning... skip this if you haven’t yet seen it...

Finally watched it. It was entertaining and interesting to know how it went down in their minds. Well executed but I agree with HB the ending was a bit of a letdown on one level. But on the other hand, at least somebody rode off into the sunset... Jessie pulled his head out of his ass and applied some of the things wiser criminals imparted.

One thing that struck both my kid and I - Vince’s cinematic eye was in full affect. I had to pause and rewind so many scenes to savor his work. One of the best things about BB and BCS.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:20 pm
by Busty McCracken
Kittaan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 pm
Busty McCracken wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:18 pm
tys0n wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:22 am
El Camino was actually great, better than season 5 imo.

Bravo Vince!
Better than season 5?! Not even close for me. It wasn't that it was bad by any stretch bad at all, more just kinda felt pretty unnecessary and surprisingly predictable which up until the this point the show had never really been.
Semi-Spoiler warning... skip this if you haven’t yet seen it...

Finally watched it. It was entertaining and interesting to know how it went down in their minds. Well executed but I agree with HB the ending was a bit of a letdown on one level. But on the other hand, at least somebody rode off into the sunset... Jessie pulled his head out of his ass and applied some of the things wiser criminals imparted.

One thing that struck both my kid and I - Vince’s cinematic eye was in full affect. I had to pause and rewind so many scenes to savor his work. One of the best things about BB and BCS.
Yep agreed the camera work was as stellar as always and the best part of the movie.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:55 pm
by tys0n
Really enjoying Godfather of Harlem

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:41 pm
by fractal-machine
Image

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:55 pm
by ms2r
tys0n wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:47 am
Joker is literally critically outranked on RT by just about every single Marvel film ever made.

Joker's 68% is almost equal to the bottom of the barrel Marvel film: Thor 2: The Dark World and the turgid 'The Incredible Hulk', which both have 67%.

Whats even more eye-opening, Joker's rating amongst 'Top Critics' is only 44%. That's 4.4/10.
Meh. Ratings are overrated. RT never makes sense. And from what I gather is that the us press is more negative about joker then the audience and non-us press.
I guess the movie doesn't fit the correct political bill. It might struck a nerve to many.

That said: good movie. Phoenix was extremely Good. Best joker since Nicholson.

Pattinson will make a great Batman.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:54 pm
by tys0n
Mr. Inbetween, what a great fucking show, surprised it's got 2 seasons and I haven''t even heard about it, it screens on FX in the US but is an Australian made show, based in Sydney.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:45 pm
by ms2r
Watched Daybreak. Amused me enough to watch all of it.
Lovely ending.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:20 am
by tys0n
RIP The Deuce, three seasons of pure underrated television.

Really hit home in regards to the gentrification of King's Cross in Sydney, also once the devils playground.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:18 pm
by Calfium Jay
Pet Semetary (2019)


Surprisingly creepy remake, with just enough going on to pique my interest.

Much, much better than the ham fisted 1989 version.

3 stars (just)

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:27 am
by Busty McCracken
ziggy23 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:27 am
Joker (2019)

10/10

A W E S O M E
tys0n wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:41 pm
Joker - 20/10 practically flawless, give Todd Phillips Batman.
Wow. Just wow! What a fucking movie! I could honestly go and happily watch that again tomorrow.

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:52 am
by tys0n
What fucking took ya?

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:09 am
by Busty McCracken
Generally Only go to the movies if I'm super hyped to see a film before it gets released and want to make sure I see it on the big screen.

Just sat on this one but kept hearing how good it was so thought I'd give it a go. Fucking masterpiece. The more I think about it the more obsessed I become with it