Arrested Development

Movies, TV and other video based media
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Hot Ham Water said
Holy shit!

[spoiler]Steve Holt looks fucking awful.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Apparently that was just another gag.  

1. Was that really Justin Grant Wade, who played Steve Holt in the first three seasons? When Gob's son, Steve Holt, reappeared in Season 4, he was barely recognizable -- as Michael so gently put it, he looked fifty years old. In real life, Wade still looks his age (he's 29!). He just wore a bald cap with a wig to make it look like his hairline had drastically receded for Season 4.

[/spoiler]

Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

So now that it's had some time to marinate and the initial glow of it returning has worn off, what does everyone really think of Season 4?

I think the story is great borderline awesome, but the laughs are definitely down from previous seasons.  They were obviously really hurt by the fact that the cast couldn't film together, but the series creator has already said that a Season 5 would definitely require them to be able to do so.  (He did a reddit AMA a couple of weeks back)

Having said that, it's still very good and there were still plenty of hilarious moments.  Here's hoping the cast can find a way to film together for next season.

I'll give it a 7.5/10
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said
So now that it's had some time to marinate and the initial glow of it returning has worn off, what does everyone really think of Season 4?

I think the story is great borderline awesome, but the laughs are definitely down from previous seasons.  They were obviously really hurt by the fact that the cast couldn't film together, but the series creator has already said that a Season 5 would definitely require them to be able to do so.  (He did a reddit AMA a couple of weeks back)

Having said that, it's still very good and there were still plenty of hilarious moments.  Here's hoping the cast can find a way to film together for next season.

I'll give it a 7.5/10

I'll go 8.5. It was interesting, and held my attention. There were some really clever plot parts, as well as really left-field humour. The drone bit with Buster was one of the funniest things I've seen in my life, as well as the tipping black people one.

I think it will age well, and will be copied for decades. The whole shoot one episode from other character's perspectives is going to be aped for a while, because it's pretty unique, and has a lot of potential.

I don't think it was as laugh out loud funny as some of the previous seasons, but that's never been "AD's" point. It's more about clever humour, that puts a grin on your face and gives you a bit of a headfuck.

All that said, I could do without the sister. She's shit as a character.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'm going right in the middle with an 8.

There were some issues with it. They were trying something new, and so of course there were going to be some kinks.

Some episodes were great, some were the probably the worst the show ever had, but for the most part it was good.

The biggest problem for me was the way the show parceled out the conclusion across multiple episodes. It was fairly underwhelming and left the season feeling incomplete.

But overall it was good and I'm looking forward to what they do next.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Arrested Development is finally releasing a soundtrack!
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

George Maharis
Don't mow your lawn