Tool - 21 March 2014 - El Tajin Festival, Mexico

Tool will be "touring" (well, playing one show in Mexico at time of writing) North America in March 2014.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Tool - 21 March 2014 - El Tajin Festival, Mexico

Post by hellboy »

Adjusted the date from the 22nd to the 21st now that it's confirmed: http://cumbretajin.com/2014

TOOL and PUSCIFER will be performing at the EL TAJIN FESTIVAL in PAPANTLA, VERACRUZ, MEXICO in MARCH (on the 21st).

Please keep this post on topic - discussions not related to the show will be deleted by moderators. Spoilers (including setlists and pictures) may be posted in this thread after the show has taken place.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: Tool - 22nd March 2014 - El Tajin Festival, Mexico

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm seriously considering going to this, mostly due to the festival itself, to be honest. It's not like Tool ignores my neck of the woods.
Hey! Denty!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

So tool plays the 22nd? Forgive me for my ignorance but I am what some people call mentally retarded :roll:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

lachrymologist wrote:So tool plays the 22nd? Forgive me for my ignorance but I am what some people call mentally retarded :roll:
That's what all the sources seem to suggest. Is there a part of that you don't understand?
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

How much you want to bet they play "Rosetta Stoned"?
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Umadbrah? wrote:More dates announced?

http://www.lifeboxset.com/ultimo/notici ... adalajara/

I'm in class so I don't have time to translate it (I will do it in like an hour if no one else does), but yes that announces 3 more dates. And apparently it's Tool's first ever visit to Mexico?
Hey! Denty!
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

from google translate:

As many of you know, TOOL visit Mexico for the first time in its history. And no, its appearance in the Cumbre Tajin Festival 2014 will not be the only one in our country.

Through a close source, we've learned that Californians veterans offer concerts in the cities of Guadalajara, Monterrey and Mexico City, all in the month of March.

Prepare your wallets, because the details on exact dates, tickets and prices will be revealed in the coming days, and sales will begin soon.Stay tuned!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It's hilarious reading the comments on that page. "How can you say confirmed when there's no official announcement?" Followed by pointless back and forth unnecessary bickering. Sounds familiar.

On a side note, one of the comments says that Tool toured Mexico back in 1993 so it might not be their first visit. Well maybe for Justin.

And another side note, both the toolband post and ticketmaster have the Tool date as March 21.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Will the band make the show?
Does anyone know where the bathrooms are located?
Will I be kidnapped?
Do I have to have health insurance to enter the country?
Should I drink the water?
Is this concert the work of the gods?
Who is sponsoring this event?
If I decide to drive, how much is parking?
What's the equivalent to the Mexican "AAA?"
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

ilikecheese wrote:Will the band make the show? - LIKELY, YES
Does anyone know where the bathrooms are located? - FIND A TREE OR SOMETHING
Will I be kidnapped? - THERE EXISTS A HIGH PROBABILITY
Do I have to have health insurance to enter the country? - ONLY IF ASKED
Should I drink the water? - ABSOLUTELY NOT
Is this concert the work of the gods? - NOT IN THE LEAST
Who is sponsoring this event? - CORONA OR SOME OTHER SHITTY PISS WATER
If I decide to drive, how much is parking? - NOT SURE OF THE CONVERSION IN PESOS
What's the equivalent to the Mexican "AAA?" - TACO
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Here's a handy reminder that posts should stay on topic. This current line of conversation is pushing that boundary...
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Airfare and hotel have been purchased. Looks like the Mrs and I will be attending!!

Looks like its time to brush up on my Spanglish.

Who else is commited to this trip?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I'd go if I had a job and didn't go to high school. The ticket would cost me nada but the flight.. oh my, 8 grand!! (KR). Here's what I want to see.

Maynard should try a new outfit and hair style, he's been using the same wig since 2006..
New and fresh setlist, not just the same since 2012 but in different order, I want to see some rare songs they never play like Sweat or Prison sex.
BRING BACK JESUS JUSTIN

Stage setup is fine, it's the best they've ever had imo. Looking forward to this, but i'll probably be as disappointed as I was with the recent AUS tour. BRING IT ON
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

lachrymologist wrote:Airfare and hotel have been purchased. Looks like the Mrs and I will be attending!!

Looks like its time to brush up on my Spanglish.

Who else is commited to this trip?
Are you going to record anything? Your River's edge footage is great! You should released it on dime though, youtube isn't the way to go brother
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I'm sorry but you must have me confused with somebody else. I was at rivers edge but only recorded a small snippet of the show and never posted anything to YouTube. It was amazing especially the added visuals during lateralus with the dude spinning/juggling at the end. Amazing performance by the boys and then the rave lasers afterwards......mind blown
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

lachrymologist wrote:I'm sorry but you must have me confused with somebody else. I was at rivers edge but only recorded a small snippet of the show and never posted anything to YouTube. It was amazing especially the added visuals during lateralus with the dude spinning/juggling at the end. Amazing performance by the boys and then the rave lasers afterwards......mind blown
whoops! mixed you with http://www.youtube.com/user/lachrymistpatient11
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Ettan wrote:
lachrymologist wrote:I'm sorry but you must have me confused with somebody else. I was at rivers edge but only recorded a small snippet of the show and never posted anything to YouTube. It was amazing especially the added visuals during lateralus with the dude spinning/juggling at the end. Amazing performance by the boys and then the rave lasers afterwards......mind blown

Thanks for that link! That was an awesome festival and that's some great footage. I also like these videos

sorry for off topic :S <3
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Umadbrah? wrote:
Ettan wrote:

Thanks for that link! That was an awesome festival and that's some great footage. I also like these videos

sorry for off topic :S <3
Maynard looks so goddamn bored.. hope he cheers up in mexico!
LeoMonzo
Bronco's Fan

Post by LeoMonzo »

hey, Tool in Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey has been confirmed by OCESA (Mexico promoter) through their twitter account. :)
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

So is anyone else attending this amazing event? There doesn't seem to be any hotel availability in Paplanta or Poza Rica for that week. We are staying about 45 minutes away which sucks but as of now are only planning on attending Friday. Airfare seems to be affordable at least from the states.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ettan wrote:
clip re-visited.

good to the last drop
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Slippin' Back
Maynard Believer

Post by Slippin' Back »

Rumors abound that

'In closing, expect some really exciting news in the New Year. Happy Holidays to all of you, and be sure to take any evergreen decorations down by January 5, 2014 e.v. You've been warned...'

is a precursor to a Coachella 2014 announcement along with the new album being finished, but only may be released before their dual Coachella appearances. Similar to the timeline used for 10000 Days.
kbor
Maynard Believer

Post by kbor »

Wow no idea how I missed this. I am ready to buy a plane ticket, but it looks like the show is sold out. Any extras or does anyone know where to get tickets?

Gracias.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Looks like Tomahawk will be playing before Puscifer!

http://cumbretajin.com/2014/en/
Last edited by lachrymologist on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.