Tool - 25 March 2014 - Toyota Center, Houston, TX

Tool will be "touring" (well, playing one show in Mexico at time of writing) North America in March 2014.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Please keep this post on topic - discussions not related to the show will be deleted by moderators. Spoilers (including setlists and pictures) may be posted in this thread after the show has taken place.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Re: Tool - 25 March 2014 - Toyota Center, Houston, TX

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Poor thread seemed very lonesome. I popped for VIP in Houston - anyone else?
zander
Bronco's Fan

Post by zander »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Poor thread seemed very lonesome. I popped for VIP in Houston - anyone else?
The wife and I did as well. Going to the Cedar Park show first then on to VIP in Houston. Apparently not many fourtheye people are going. You from Houston?
Chapter11
Maynard Believer

Post by Chapter11 »

I will be at VIP as well (rolling solo - wife did not want to go) - you guys interested in meeting up before hand?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

I could be convinced to meet and greet. Sounds like we will be stuck with each other all day anyway. I am solo myself as the wifey is not a fan of crowds. Any other H-town or surrounding area attendees?
alicetooljam
Maynard Believer

Post by alicetooljam »

Im still trying to come up with good tickets for this show at a decent price...hit me up if you got some. Im going to Cedar Park the night before...traveling from Oklahoma.
frikinelmo
My pain is just an excuse

Post by frikinelmo »

I've got a pair in section 409 row 4 that I won't be using. Not the best seats in the house, but not bad.
hurricanebama
Bronco's Fan

Post by hurricanebama »

I will be coming down from McKinney....North of Dallas. This will be my 20th. Second time in Houston. Hope someone doesnt attempt to break into my truck again! :)
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

hurricanebama wrote:I will be coming down from McKinney....North of Dallas. This will be my 20th. Second time in Houston. Hope someone doesnt attempt to break into my truck again! :)
Heading in from Baton Rouge myself. Hotwire hooked me up with a sweet 4* hotel as well. Should be a nice trip.
Chapter11
Maynard Believer

Post by Chapter11 »

Does anyone know when we (VIPers) will need to be at the Toyota Center that day? I know info is to follow, thought maybe someone would have heard/read some of the other reports going around?

Decent places (w/i walking distance of Toyota Center) to catch up would be

Dirt Bar - http://dirtbar.com/
House of Blues
Reserve 101 - http://www.reserve101.com/
trampis

Post by trampis »

The following is VIP information for the San Fransisco show that was posted in another thread and I imagine the details will be fairly similar...

"MARCH 11, 2014:

TOOL
SAN FRANCISCO, CA

Hello, and thank you for purchasing a VIP package for Bill Graham Civic Center (99 Grove Street, San Francisco, CA 94102) on March 11, 2014. Here are the details regarding the show and your VIP experience. Please note: this information is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT, so please read everything VERY CAREFULLY! Additionally, please let everyone in your party know this information as well:

· Please arrive at the venue promptly at 1:00pm to check-in for your VIP experience.
· Check-in will take place at the far left bank of three doors at the front of the building. There is a “Will Call” sign above these doors.
· This venue has no parking lot. There are many public lots surrounding the arena.
· If you and someone else with a VIP package would like to sit together, please make sure to be next to each other in the check-in line.
· Please do not bring any gifts for the band.
· Personal items will not be allowed in the venue for signatures. You will be provided with exclusive gift items at check-in. Feel free to bring a poster tube for an 11x17 poster.
· Please note: Packages can ONLY be claimed with a government issued photo identification with the name(s) provided for the willcall list. Please remember to bring your purchase receipt.
· You will be given the option to leave the venue after soundcheck. Please note, if you leave, you will have to re-enter in the general public line. If you wish to remain in the venue to have priority access to the GA seating/standing areas, please plan your evening accordingly.
· We will do our best to make sure coat check is available to you prior to taking you into the arena for doors. Coat check is under $5, but please bring cash for this.
· Please bring your own beverages (non-alcoholic) in sealed plastic bottles, as well as snacks for the day. No glass or aluminum allowed.
· Here are details for the VIP Experience:

o You will be given your gift bag & show ticket at check-in. The Q&A with Adam Jones will occur from 2pm – 4pm and will include a meet & greet. At approximately 4:45pm, you will be given access to watch soundcheck. After soundcheck, you will have the opportunity to purchase merchandise at a discounted rate. Please note times after 2pm are subject to change.
o Camera phones are not allowed during Q&A, sound check or performance, but will be allowed during the meet & greet, within reason. Personal & professional cameras are not allowed.
Thank you so much, and we'll see you at the show!
If you have any questions pertaining to this confirmation, please respond back to the email.

You’re on-site host during the show day, will be ------. Please contact him on 3/6/14, if you have any urgent needs. Otherwise, vip@toolband.com will be able to answer your questions.

Contact information in case of emergency: ------: ------, (916) ---------"
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Thanks for that ^^^ I was wondering if I could bring something else for Adam to sign, guess not.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Well finally got some tix.
Should be a good time. I'm taking my girl it'll be her first concert ever.
Jool

Post by Jool »

Houston's biggest TOOL is gonna be acting a FOOL come the 25th.

but srsly, don't sing along to every fucking song. Let's hear Maynard guys.
#9[align=center]#9[/align][align=right]#9[/align]
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Chapter11 wrote:Does anyone know when we (VIPers) will need to be at the Toyota Center that day? I know info is to follow, thought maybe someone would have heard/read some of the other reports going around?

Decent places (w/i walking distance of Toyota Center) to catch up would be

Dirt Bar - http://dirtbar.com/
House of Blues
Reserve 101 - http://www.reserve101.com/
got my email yesterday. here is the info

THIS IS YOUR FINAL CONFIRMATION LETTER. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

If you have NOT already confirmed via email, a name for WILL CALL &/OR T-SHIRT SIZE, please send the information in a reply to THIS EMAIL ASAP.

MARCH 25, 2014:
TOOL
HOUSTON, TX

Hello, and thank you for purchasing a VIP package for Toyota Center on March 25, 2014. Here are the details regarding the show and your VIP experience. Please note: this information is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT, so please read everything VERY CAREFULLY! Additionally, please let everyone in your party know this information as well:

· Please arrive at the venue promptly at 1:00pm to check-in for your VIP experience.

· Check-in will take place at the Team Shop Lobby on Polk Street. Please look for the Tool VIP signs to guide you.

· Parking is $15 and located in the Toyota Center Tundra Garage on LaBranch Street, in between Bell & Leeland. Once parked, exit to LaBranch or Bell and head to the main entrance of the venue. The main entrance is located in between LaBranch & Polk and Team Shop Lobby is to the left of the main entrance.

· If you and someone else with a VIP package would like to sit together, please make sure to be next to each other in the check-in line.

· Please do not bring any gifts for the band.

· Personal items will not be allowed in the venue for signatures. You will be provided with exclusive gift items at check-in. Feel free to bring a poster tube for an 11x17 poster.

· Please note: Packages can ONLY be claimed with a government issued photo identification with the name(s) provided for the willcall list. Please remember to bring your purchase receipt.

· You will be given the option to leave the venue after soundcheck. Please note, if you leave, you will have to re-enter with the general public,

· You are not permitted to food or drinks in to the arena. We will provide snacks and non-alcoholic beverages during the Q&A & M&G.

· Here are details for the VIP Experience:

o You will be given your gift bag & show ticket at check-in. The Q&A with Adam Jones will occur from 2pm – 4pm and will include a meet & greet. At approximately 4:45pm, you will be given access to watch soundcheck. After soundcheck, you will have the opportunity to purchase merchandise at a discounted rate. Please note times after 2pm are subject to change.

o Camera phones are not allowed during Q&A, sound check or performance, but will be allowed during the meet & greet, within reason. Personal & professional cameras are not allowed.

Thank you so much, and we'll see you at the show!

If you have any questions pertaining to this confirmation, please respond back to the email.

You’re on-site host during the show day, will be Juan Gonzalez. Please contact him on 3/25/14, if you have any urgent needs. Otherwise, vip@toolband.com will be able to answer your questions.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Jool wrote:Houston's biggest TOOL is gonna be acting a FOOL come the 25th.
Jool, don't act a fool for TooL... cool?
Professor of Lesbian Science
Jool

Post by Jool »

basejumper wrote:
Jool wrote:Houston's biggest TOOL is gonna be acting a FOOL come the 25th.
Jool, don't act a fool for TooL... cool?
That's bull...
#9[align=center]#9[/align][align=right]#9[/align]
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

That'stool

Ki77aan :twisted:
MAGNUS

Post by MAGNUS »

About to walk in for VIP. They're taking phones up due to posting of the recording of the q&a.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Not a shocker there.
hurricanebama
Bronco's Fan

Post by hurricanebama »

Mechandise trailer outside tonight...not sure how to put a pic on here
ThirdEye
Maynard Believer

Post by ThirdEye »

Hooker w/ a Penis
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
Jambi
46 & 2
Ænima
Stinkfist
Via @ToolPusciferAPC
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Best question from the VIP... VIP: Can I have that pick? Adam: um, sure.
MAGNUS

Post by MAGNUS »

Quick review of today's experience. In short it was awesome. I'm beyond satisfied with the VIP experience. The q&a was off to a rough/nervous star but then he got settled into his "speech". He went over the expected two hours by a little more than 30mons. Adam was incredibly nice and seemed very genuine in everything he talked about. I'm disappointment I didn't get any questions in but having the chance to play the silverburst more than made up for that. Took several pics with the guitar and a few short vids of some sloppy Tool riffs.

The entire band played two songs (Sober and Stinkfist) before letting us in to the arena. May Jay of course ran off before we made I way down. The boys played Vicarious and HWAP. Very cool to see with all the lights on and right up front.

Ended up with in the front of Adam and the house speakers. I had a clear unobstructed view of the entire band. I could hear Danny and Justin ok but May Jay's vocals were behind me. He was somewhat soft at times but I found it really interesting to mostly hear the band the entire show.

Snapped a few pics at the end of the show. I'll check them out on my computer to make sure they're not complete crap before posting.

Edit: The questions posed to Adam weren't great. Some questions were unrelated to the topic being discussed. Perhaps it was attributed to being nervous.

"If Doc Brown showed up in the De Lorean, what band would you go back to see?"

Also, someone mentioned how prices had varied at times. Tonight's concert tshirt was $40 as oppose to $50 last night I'm Austin (Cedar Park). First time I have seen prices vary at different venues.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

MAGNUS wrote:
Also, someone mentioned how prices had varied at times. Tonight's concert tshirt was $40 as oppose to $50 last night I'm Austin (Cedar Park). First time I have seen prices vary at different venues.
Most venues wanna cut of the merch, could be the reason.