Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

At one point during the game it dawned on me that other than 15-20 minutes GS has dominated the two games so far.

One thing you gotta remember about the Spurs is that a rowdy road crowd will affect them little to more than likely none.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig said
At one point during the game it dawned on me that other than 15-20 minutes GS has dominated the two games so far.

One thing you gotta remember about the Spurs is that a rowdy road crowd will affect them little to more than likely none.

True, they are solid veterans throughout the starters.  However, they are old and slow in comparison to the W's, and that is exactly to your point about domination.  I didn't head into this series with high expectations (to the contrary), but now that I see the matchups and the lack of answers to Spicy Curry and Klay... I do have my hopes up.  Let's see how the next game goes, but it's been really entertaining so far.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Fuck the Rangers.  Fuck them straight to hell.  It Braden Holtby was a fully competent goalie the Caps would've won the series 4-0 last night.  Caps will still win the series, as the Rangers don't scare anyone.

Oh, and Pierre McGuire tell us all just how delicious all the Rangers players cocks taste?  Because for the 3 games I've watched, the dude has done nothing but suck off pretty much every Rangers player and tell all viewers how awesome they all are.  If he could I think Pierre would have Rick Nash's cock in his mouth for the rest of his life.

But, on a positive note, the O's keep on winning and are now in 1st in the AL East.  Suck it fuckers.
I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Kittaan said

Ravenpig said

True, they are solid veterans throughout the starters.  However, they are old and slow in comparison to the W's, and that is exactly to your point about domination.  I didn't head into this series with high expectations (to the contrary), but now that I see the matchups and the lack of answers to Spicy Curry and Klay... I do have my hopes up.  Let's see how the next game goes, but it's been really entertaining so far.

The Spurs have like the 3rd or 4th youngest age average in the league.  Somewhere in the top 10 for sure.  That they can't guard Curry (though they did better in game 2) is irrelevant, Lebron might be the only one in the league that might slow him down considerably.

As for Klay, how many times is he going to catch fire like that?  You can't expect 29 points and seven 3's in the first half very often.

But you should definitely have your hopes up based on these two games, it's definitely a toss up right now.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said
Fuck the Rangers.  Fuck them straight to hell.  It Braden Holtby was a fully competent goalie the Caps would've won the series 4-0 last night.  Caps will still win the series, as the Rangers don't scare anyone.

Oh, and Pierre McGuire tell us all just how delicious all the Rangers players cocks taste?  Because for the 3 games I've watched, the dude has done nothing but suck off pretty much every Rangers player and tell all viewers how awesome they all are.  If he could I think Pierre would have Rick Nash's cock in his mouth for the rest of his life.

But, on a positive note, the O's keep on winning and are now in 1st in the AL East.  Suck it fuckers.

I think you'll be fine

On the other hand, four fingers and a thumb.

I felt bad for Howard last night who dominated

well...one more in Detroit to see if we can't force a game 7.

if not it's officially Detroit Tiger season
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop said

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

This up-to-the-minute sports break update

brought to you by Cheese.

Turning on a dime as if on skates to the hockey league whose "Commissioners" name shall not be mentioned because hockey fans do not forget douche bags of certain magnitudes, The Rangers are beating the Caps 1-0 in the 1st.

Boston and Toronto are scoreless after 1.

Detroit is at home to Anaheim in a win-or-golf situation.

I don't want to play golf yet!

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

^ and what about the Blues?

Let's Go Blues!!
Professor of Lesbian Science
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

basejumper said

Let's Go Blues!!

Dude

If that's the level of excitement you put forth for jumping 

you're gonna die!
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

The Wonderful Whizard said

basejumper said

Let's Go Blues!!

Dude

If that's the level of excitement you put forth for jumping 

you're gonna die!

How's this for excited? I hope I live!

Professor of Lesbian Science
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

C-A-P-S, Caps, Caps, Caps.  Suck my balls Pierre.
I like to poop naked.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop said

the Caps are going to get raped on Sunday. bring your lube.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Blues picked a bad week to quit drinking.

Caps and Rangers are exactly where they should be

and if anyone thought it was going to be a sweep

stop kidding yourself.

My Wings are goin' back to Cali

for a Game 7!  Havin' a heartattack yet Poop?   The Wings can do that to a person.

I thought we blew it.  Well, we did but then came back and TOTALLY REDEEMED OURSELVES!!!!!!!

Now, sports fans, do yourself a favor and watch this game. 

Any game 7 is a great game.  Always.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

NYHC81 said

markuspoop said

Hey, rape is no laughing matter.  Unless you're raping a clown.  The only raping that will be done will be by the Caps, as the Rangers haven't looked threatening all series.  The C-A-P-S, Caps, Caps, Caps, shut down the Rangers last night for 3 periods plus OT.  If it wasn't for boneheaded mistakes this series would've been wrapped up looooooooooong ago.

Wonder if Torts will be fired once his Rangers get bounced from the playoffs.  You and Pierre McGuire will be crying for quite a while when the Rangers are making tee-times. 

Oh, and to cap off a nice evening, the O's came back from being down 6-0 to win 9-6 in 10 innings. 

Here's hoping the Wings (though I've watched like 5 minutes of the series) can shit all over the Ducks in Game 7, if for nothing more than to piss off one hipster douchebag, fedora-wearing Ducks fan.

I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said

NYHC81 said

markuspoop said

Hey, rape is no laughing matter.  Unless you're raping a clown.  The only raping that will be done will be by the Caps, as the Rangers haven't looked threatening all series.  The C-A-P-S, Caps, Caps, Caps, shut down the Rangers last night for 3 periods plus OT.  If it wasn't for boneheaded mistakes this series would've been wrapped up looooooooooong ago.

Wonder if Torts will be fired once his Rangers get bounced from the playoffs.  You and Pierre McGuire will be crying for quite a while when the Rangers are making tee-times. 

Oh, and to cap off a nice evening, the O's came back from being down 6-0 to win 9-6 in 10 innings. 

Here's hoping the Wings (though I've watched like 5 minutes of the series) can shit all over the Ducks in Game 7, if for nothing more than to piss off one hipster douchebag, fedora-wearing Ducks fan.

I will pray to Jesus that happens for you Poop.

I can't imagine.  Is this douche a co-worker or a buddy who should weep like a widow?

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Actually cheese I have no idea who exactly this asshat is. 

Last Thursday we were at the O's/Angels game and the Angels stadium is basically right across the street from The Pond.  Guess it turned out that the O's/Angels game ended just as the Ducks/Wings OT game did.  As we're sitting at a light right at The Pond waiting to get on the freeway I ask the hundreds of people standing at the intersection who won the game since I only checked the Caps score, and that was just once, at the baseball match.  I honestly had no idea if either the Ducks or Wings won and was curious. 

After getting not one response to my question for 10 seconds or so I go, "So I guess the lack of response means the Wings won?"  That was met with the above described hipster asshole going "Yeah, well that's why you're driving a 2007 Jeep."  Nevermind that it's actually a 2003 Jeep, that I wasn't even the driver on this particular night, or that his asinine comment had nothing to do with really anything but that got me to start chirping back at the fedora-wearing hipster, throwing in a quick few "Flying V" and "knucklepuck" retorts.  After that the light turned green, the gf drove onto the freeway and towards home and I've been rooting for the Wings the moment since.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said
Actually cheese I have no idea who exactly this asshat is. 

Last Thursday we were at the O's/Angels game and the Angels stadium is basically right across the street from The Pond.  Guess it turned out that the O's/Angels game ended just as the Ducks/Wings OT game did.  As we're sitting at a light right at The Pond waiting to get on the freeway I ask the hundreds of people standing at the intersection who won the game since I only checked the Caps score, and that was just once, at the baseball match.  I honestly had no idea if either the Ducks or Wings won and was curious. 

After getting not one response to my question for 10 seconds or so I go, "So I guess the lack of response means the Wings won?"  That was met with the above described hipster asshole going "Yeah, well that's why you're driving a 2007 Jeep."  Nevermind that it's actually a 2003 Jeep, that I wasn't even the driver on this particular night, or that his asinine comment had nothing to do with really anything but that got me to start chirping back at the fedora-wearing hipster, throwing in a quick few "Flying V" and "knucklepuck" retorts.  After that the light turned green, the gf drove onto the freeway and towards home and I've been rooting for the Wings the moment since.

That's perhaps one of the stupidest things ever said.

Wow.

That actually pains my head to think about that statement.

Go Wings.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Hahaha if you just only see the guy.  Black fedora, hipster-faded jeans that were borderline capri-style in length, suspenders, quasi-book looking shoes, probably Doc Martens, and a quaffed mustashe.  I mean this guy was the essential definition of a hipster douchebag. 

I mean I guess I can see how having someone say "So I guess the lack of response means the Wings won" could be construed as a slight, from a Ducks fan perspective.  Especially after you've just sat through a heartbreaking OT loss and some guy who wasn't even at the game, who was across the street watching baseball is able to figure out in 10 seconds that the Ducks lost.  But to try to rag on a jeep?  Really?  I mean, at least take a shot at the Orioles, since I had an O's hat on.

But alas, this hipster cockbag went another route.  And just to spite that one asshole, I've been rooting for the Wings.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Spite is underrated.

It can be useful and constructive in a positive way

Though some may only see its negativeness.

So, like, when the Wings win tomorrow night

Maybe he'll look back while crying in the dining room of his 

Horribly smelling over-priced apartment

And wonder if that 'guy at the intersection

That one night' was actually a curse thrust upon his so-called hockey team.

And what if it's communicable? 
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop said

NYHC81 said

markuspoop said

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

12 hours and change until GAME 7

The Detroit Red Wings vs.The Anaheim Ducks

Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

And congratulations to the

New York Islanders on 

A successful season.

That's gotta feel good to 

Make the playoffs and have a give

A Cup favorite in Pittsburgh, to 6 tough games.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

With less than 6 hours before GAME 7 begins.

I now summon the power of the almighty

PLAYOFF BEARD!

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g48 ... have-1.jpg

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

You ready Poop?

1:30.

Time to lace 'em up...