Tool - 14 January 2016 - Houston, TX

Tool travel across the US for a short tour playing dates in mostly the sourthern half of the country.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Tool - 14 January 2016 - Houston, TX

Post by hellboy »

Please keep this post on topic - discussions not related to the show will be deleted by moderators. Spoilers (including setlists and pictures) may be posted in this thread after the show has taken place.
bdale
Maynard Believer

Re: Tool - 14 January 2016 - Houston, TX

Post by bdale »

Looking to buy a poster for the Houston or New Orleans show, any advice?

I am going to see Tool and Primus for their Houston and Nola shows. I really want to buy posters for both bands but i can't afford VIP tix. Any advice on how to get a poster...can i arrive early enough to hope to snag one without VIP access? if so, how early? Does anyone have specifics about where they are sold? Seems like these venues will have multiple merch stations, how do i locate the station selling posters for either band? really just appreciate any insight or info! thanks!!

-b
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

So....what happened in Houston?

Nothing??
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Its 4pm here in Texas right now.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

The ultimate Tool fan
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Stellar show! No setlist curveballs, really wanted to hear Sweat as it's one of my all time favorites, but they played No Quarter so i can't complain. San Antonio deserves it more than Houston anyway. Their form was definitely something to marvel at. Descending sounded great live. Seems like they've unpeeled more layers of it. Primus sucked hard. They inspired me to want to recreate the entire 5th season of The Simpsons in claymation.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Yep, we got Vicarious instead of Sweat tonight - saw/heard Sweat last night in SA. I have to say that to my ear this was one of the worst sounding Tool shows I have been to. They had the bass turned up in the mix and I could hear the speakers buzz from being over driven. Maynard didn't sing on a bunch of parts and when he did, he was pushed so far back in the mix, you could hardly hear him. There were a few time were he sounded great, but they were few and far between. All in all a very workman like show - get on, get it done and get off.

Oh and the intermission clock never came up, so the stoners behind me (I named them Beavis and Butthead) amused themselves by trying to see who could yell the loudest the longest. And now expressobeans.com is down AGAIN.

Maybe I am getting too old...
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:The ultimate Tool fan
Well he wont be able to say he didnt get his money's worth
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:
i hope this guy recorded the whole show like this and is just yet to upload it. SUper stead cam, HD, and not a bad view
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Ettan wrote:The ultimate Tool fan
Why is everyone sitting? I hope my section is not like this...
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Yep, we got Vicarious instead of Sweat tonight - saw/heard Sweat last night in SA. I have to say that to my ear this was one of the worst sounding Tool shows I have been to. They had the bass turned up in the mix and I could hear the speakers buzz from being over driven. Maynard didn't sing on a bunch of parts and when he did, he was pushed so far back in the mix, you could hardly hear him. There were a few time were he sounded great, but they were few and far between. All in all a very workman like show - get on, get it done and get off.
Wish we could've had Sweat, but Vicarious was performed well. I thought MJ sounded great all night.

And if you happened to have seen them at the Woodlands in 01, I personally thought that show was mixed worse. Very distorted from the lawn, covered seats may have been better. I was by the board, just a little further down from the Rock Off dude on instagram and I thought the sound was pretty good. I could prety much hear everything.

Man, that extended Opiate was suiitte! I'm was thinking the projection was a part of the new video, perhaps an animatic or something. It definitely has the feel of that one guy's style.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Is Justin wearing a suit in that video?

Edit: I see now it's a vest. Has he gone full hipster, or is he taking the piss?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

hellboy wrote:Is Justin wearing a suit in that video?

Edit: I see now it's a vest. Has he gone full hipster, or is he taking the piss?
Full on hipster. He was wearing suspenders and bow-tie in Dallas.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

He's just a Tool... Ba dum tisss
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

[youtube][/youtube]

Noice.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris