Fear Inoculum

tys0n
Streeper

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by tys0n »

So Salival cam with a little tab that you could lick and Fear Inoculum will come with a syringe, but in a very limited release causing Tool fans to share needles.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:53 pm So Salival cam with a little tab that you could lick and Fear Inoculum will come with a syringe, but in a very limited release causing Tool fans to share needles.
:lol:
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:39 pm
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:34 pm
To be more precise as it stands, Fear Inoculum would be the act of injecting Fear into an organism to create a resistance against a disease. So the only way you could get to your definition would be to make an assumption as to what the disease is. To further clarify, if we are going exactly as defined, your definition would be Using Fear as an Inoculum to create a resistance against Fear, which just comes off as foolish and long winded, not to mention having to create an assumption that Fear is the disease to make it work grammatically.
What crap. As it stands Fear Inoculum could be a directive or suggestion. Raffa called it second post. It could also be an act of fear prevention as Z suggests. When we inoculate something we use part of that something to teach our bodies how to fight it.

Mog Inoculum for example can be achieved by micro dosing with verbose repetitious rants. After a while the brain begins to actively, but subconsciously, decipher Moggisms and move them quickly on without unnecessary soiling and contamination of our higher functioning.
You could not be more wrong. Inoculum has no secondary definitions it is clear. A material used in the process of inoculation. That is it. Done. Anything else is assumption and supposition. Fear Inoculum is clearly defined as Fear being the material used in the process of inoculation. Absolutely no other functional usage that is it. Read any science journal on it or any dictionary definition that is the ONLY definition and the ONLY way it can be used.
The most intelligent person on this forum
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:05 pm
liz wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:39 pm
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:34 pm
To be more precise as it stands, Fear Inoculum would be the act of injecting Fear into an organism to create a resistance against a disease. So the only way you could get to your definition would be to make an assumption as to what the disease is. To further clarify, if we are going exactly as defined, your definition would be Using Fear as an Inoculum to create a resistance against Fear, which just comes off as foolish and long winded, not to mention having to create an assumption that Fear is the disease to make it work grammatically.
What crap. As it stands Fear Inoculum could be a directive or suggestion. Raffa called it second post. It could also be an act of fear prevention as Z suggests. When we inoculate something we use part of that something to teach our bodies how to fight it.

Mog Inoculum for example can be achieved by micro dosing with verbose repetitious rants. After a while the brain begins to actively, but subconsciously, decipher Moggisms and move them quickly on without unnecessary soiling and contamination of our higher functioning.
You could not be more wrong. Inoculum has no secondary definitions it is clear. A material used in the process of inoculation. That is it. Done. Anything else is assumption and supposition. Fear Inoculum is clearly defined as Fear being the material used in the process of inoculation. Absolutely no other functional usage that is it. Read any science journal on it or any dictionary definition that is the ONLY definition and the ONLY way it can be used.
I never suggested that inoculum as a solitary word had more than one meaning. No one did.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I like the title. So, Tool, you want to immunize me from fear? Have at it! Let's see what you got.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Glad to see we can all still argue about silly shit...
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I'm excited for the title track. Please let it be the most psychedelic shit they've ever made.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Wow, some of you guys are arguing about the grammar behind the album title? Insufferable retards comes to mind.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

People have been waiting for this for years like rabid dogs of course they are gonna tear it up. Dig in boys dinners served.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:23 pm Wow, some of you guys are arguing about the grammar behind the album title? Insufferable retards comes to mind.
Yeah so much for Tool fans being creative

6 5 1 18 9 14 15 3 21 12 21 13
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:23 pm Wow, some of you guys are arguing about the grammar behind the album title? Insufferable retards comes to mind.
We need a like button on here
Listen to All Them Witches
cahernandez
My pain is just an excuse

Post by cahernandez »

Yeast, the microorganism that eats up sugar and produces alcohol for beer (or other alcoholic beverages), is considered an inoculum. Once yeast is inoculated (or pitched) into the beer wort, yeast reproduces exponentially 'til they eat up all the available sugar. Therefore, I interpret "fear inoculum" as something used to spread fear. I think that's M0G's interpretation as well.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

I immediately interpreted it in a more negative light, I.e. not to do with developing immunity as the end goal, but more that we are simply being infected with fear (in a cultural sense).
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I'm in the "using fear to immunize from fear" camp. I think that's wicked. The only way out is through.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

If the title was Fear Lightning that would usually mean that you should be afraid of lightning.
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:40 pm
Or a git the fuck outta here button!
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

fractal-machine wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:40 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:40 pm
Or a git the fuck outta here button!
See I'd like that shit right there!
Listen to All Them Witches
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

^ :lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Hang on everybody, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:33 pm
Yeah so much for Tool fans being creative

6 5 1 18 9 14 15 3 21 12 21 13
While everyone was arguing, Tyson cracked the code.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Yikes! I knew TOOL fans were a little coo koo but yeah... I’ll hold off until the music is listened to and digested before I try to connect any dots. As is with most of their music it can be interpreted in many ways. One month to go crazies. When first read without my glasses I thought it was Feersum Ennjin lol.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I love the title, feels big or something
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

do they want us to fear an inoculum or is it an inoculum containing fear?
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Absolutely love the syringe idea!
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Without_a_skin_here
Maynard Believer

Post by Without_a_skin_here »

I think that the title refers to the self-imposed fear that lies at the heart of Tribalism and how fear is used and misused for power and political gain.