Fear Inoculum

User avatar
xZ1mM3r
Adsense Clicker
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: Autzen Stadium

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by xZ1mM3r » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Without_a_skin_here wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm
I never read so many times "dipshit" in a row. Either way, they could have done what Kate Bush did with Aerials. (I dont think that anyone here listen to Kate Bush but musically I am an omnivor). Two Cd's of 40 minutes. She did this for the concept of the album. I can imagine if you have a 18 minute song, it has to be placed in the tracklist that fits the theme and flow of the album. Maybe they had to cut the tracklist up and than 7 songs and 3 sequences make sense. It still constitute one album though.
Hellboy has said he is nearly positive (if not 100%) that the album is NOT a double album.

I think if the CD ships with 2 discs, it would be classified as a double disc album, regardless of how many minutes of music is on each of them. The number of "discs" is simply how many discs there are... not how many multiples of 80 minutes the music adds up to.

User avatar
ms2r
Pencildick
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by ms2r » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:07 pm

They solved problem 8 on one disc. Rietman hypothesis.

Mk_gmbl
Maynard Believer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Mk_gmbl » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:14 pm

So based on Alex Greys comments on his Instagram I think the album will have some sort of screen or a live animation. He states the art is indeed his, but it is also a collaboration with many other artists (like the CGI team in the vicarious video). The animation has the same "glow" or 3d effect. Also, this is all banking of the rumor of some kind of battery in the package. I'm assuming it will be some kind of "normal" cd release. Possibly a lp. But to also get a limited or deluxe version with some sort of live animation screen/ hologram possibly . Regardless I'm really excited to read him say it's only a glimpse of the whole thing. While I like the look of the teaser I can only assume it's only a very small part of a larger surprise we are in store for. Any thoughts?

User avatar
nxrm
Bogan
Posts: 1588
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by nxrm » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:19 pm

Mk_gmbl wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:14 pm
So based on Alex Greys comments on his Instagram I think the album will have some sort of screen or a live animation. He states the art is indeed his, but it is also a collaboration with many other artists (like the CGI team in the vicarious video). The animation has the same "glow" or 3d effect. Also, this is all banking of the rumor of some kind of battery in the package. I'm assuming it will be some kind of "normal" cd release. Possibly a lp. But to also get a limited or deluxe version with some sort of live animation screen/ hologram possibly . Regardless I'm really excited to read him say it's only a glimpse of the whole thing. While I like the look of the teaser I can only assume it's only a very small part of a larger surprise we are in store for. Any thoughts?
Yeah, I wonder if it's going to be something like a motion poster. That would be awesome.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
Boldizar
Optomist
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Boldizar » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:19 pm

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:03 pm
Without_a_skin_here wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm
I never read so many times "dipshit" in a row. Either way, they could have done what Kate Bush did with Aerials. (I dont think that anyone here listen to Kate Bush but musically I am an omnivor). Two Cd's of 40 minutes. She did this for the concept of the album. I can imagine if you have a 18 minute song, it has to be placed in the tracklist that fits the theme and flow of the album. Maybe they had to cut the tracklist up and than 7 songs and 3 sequences make sense. It still constitute one album though.
Hellboy has said he is nearly positive (if not 100%) that the album is NOT a double album.

I think if the CD ships with 2 discs, it would be classified as a double disc album, regardless of how many minutes of music is on each of them. The number of "discs" is simply how many discs there are... not how many multiples of 80 minutes the music adds up to.
Hellboy was right, this is not a double album, but having 2 discs is not the same thing. A double album is about the quantity of music, say 90 mins or more music, this is would just be two compact discs for utility and aesthetic effect.
Dan Brown's Fear Inoculum: Best novel ever written, inspiring, worth the wait, not enough yelling, every page reads like the DaVinci Code... 3/10

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1813
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Ettan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:32 pm

Man I can't keep up with everything but i'm hyped

User avatar
Boldizar
Optomist
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Boldizar » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Ultimately we will see tomorrow.
Dan Brown's Fear Inoculum: Best novel ever written, inspiring, worth the wait, not enough yelling, every page reads like the DaVinci Code... 3/10

earthrocker
Green Herbsman
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 9:59 am
Height: Short
Location: Always Changing

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by earthrocker » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:59 pm

Looks familiar to that Can Buyukberber guy who did something a few years back...
Don't listen to Cog

User avatar
Kittaan
Rent Freznor
Posts: 4848
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Kittaan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:21 pm

@ Without a Skin - you would be wrong. I love Kate Bush. Amazing vocalist with a killer band.

Yeah, that theory has been mentioned above by at least one person. Ascending/Descending for example.

We don’t have long to wait to find out apparently.
Ki77aan :twisted:

Without_a_skin_here
Maynard Believer
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:18 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Without_a_skin_here » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:30 pm

mattw wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:45 pm
^It's already been posted in the Revolver article that there are 7 full length songs, 2 "musical segues" and 85 minutes in total. So don't worry about it. We have a 9 track album that's 1 hour and 25 minutes long. You've only heard Descending (1 song), Invincible (1 song) and CCTrip (1 'musical segue') so you still have 5 full length songs or pieces of music to devour plus another segue.

In short: it's all good :)

It's almost as if you need some sort of cure or medicine for all this fear you have here...
You could be a right as CCTrip as a sequence. Is that the official title? 85 minutes is odd though. An average CD has a length of 80 minutes max. (79,59 to be exact.) Unless you start compressing. And compressing is killing for the quality.

Without_a_skin_here
Maynard Believer
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:18 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Without_a_skin_here » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Kittaan wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:21 pm
@ Without a Skin - you would be wrong. I love Kate Bush. Amazing vocalist with a killer band.

Yeah, that theory has been mentioned above by at least one person. Ascending/Descending for example.

We don’t have long to wait to find out apparently.


No but the waiting can drive you mad 😉. I love the concept of Aerials. She could have compressed it on one CD, but went for two. One CD as a stand alone. The other as a conceptual piece; all songs are connected together.

User avatar
tys0n
Lord Festivus
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by tys0n » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Double album wouldn't matter to most, the people buying a cd would mainly doing it for collector purposes with everyone listening to the album via digital means anyway.
Canned audience laughter

User avatar
ms2r
Pencildick
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by ms2r » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm

Lol, perhaps they just sell a package without a physical music carrier in it. But a paper with Google, apple, Amazon, etc promo codes to listen the new album online/streamed/downloaded.

User avatar
tys0n
Lord Festivus
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by tys0n » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:07 pm

That's how most physical PC games are sold now.
Canned audience laughter

User avatar
ms2r
Pencildick
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by ms2r » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:19 pm

So it wouldn't be weird at all.

User avatar
children
Metalologist
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:48 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by children » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:25 pm

Kittaan wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:21 pm
@ Without a Skin - you would be wrong. I love Kate Bush. Amazing vocalist with a killer band.
Yeah I think a lot of people on here have pretty diverse tastes. Kate Bush is high tier quality music.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson

User avatar
children
Metalologist
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:48 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by children » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:37 pm

I mean, I absolutely adore Sarah McLachlan. Women are more interesting emotionally than most men. I think that's what makes MJK so good, is his ability to tap into his feminine side. Makes most guys uncomfortable, like they are not masculine if they listen to it, but in fact it's the opposite.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson

rshforgothispw
Fornicraster
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:54 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by rshforgothispw » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:37 pm

I just want the “double album” for a chance to get more music. I’ll take a single cd of new songs and an accompanying live dvd or movie of visuals to go along with the songs. More than 80 mins of new music would of course also be welcomed.

Just something extra cuz of the time we have waited. Not expecting more, just want more haha. Probably will only be 80 mins just like all the prior releases.

User avatar
Kittaan
Rent Freznor
Posts: 4848
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Kittaan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:47 pm

You don’t want it, you just need it?
Ki77aan :twisted:

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11542
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by hellboy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:49 pm

So my understanding is that CCTrip is one of the seven tracks, not one of the 2 segues.

User avatar
PulsedHalo
Has been
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by PulsedHalo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Let's think about this for a second guys. Do you really think Tool would spend the funds to produce a second CD for going 5 or so minutes over the 80 minute mark? There's no way. They have either edited things down to get to 78-80 minutes to fit on one CD or it's somehow compressed beyond my knowledge. But there is absolutely no way this is being shipped on two CD's. Not a chance.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11542
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by hellboy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Agreed - I think we should be taking the Revolver running time with some skepticism.

SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:01 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by SoMuchChub » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:16 pm

I like the artwork. Much better than 10,000 Days. Closer to the Undertow/Aenima style.

That "CCTrip" which is essentially a drum solo is being considered one of the seven "tracks" is disappointing. Six songs total is rough.

Takeo
Has been
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 11:17 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Takeo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:18 pm

But is it called CCTrip??

BlackHole83
Stinkyfist
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by BlackHole83 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:19 pm

So are we getting the track list for the album or a lead track single release on Wednesday? If the lead track is FI that’ll be the third song before the album drops. Something tells me it’s Invincible though. Hard to keep up with all this info, was off the grid for a few days and came back to all this :)

Happy for all of you excited for pre sales and special edition magazine covers and whatnot but I’m just ready for some freakin new tunes. I’ll buy the cheapest hard copy available and be a happy camper :)

Post Reply