Fear Inoculum

Spoonman
Geacon

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Spoonman »

Danny wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:39 am There’s no way to get packages from the USA here in Beirut, i’m gonna order the limited edition and type in my relative’s LA address, they’re visiting us in October so it will work out.

My question is about the Lateralus vinyl, it’s available on COSM.com for 65$, is that a good deal? If any of you guys have ordered it from someplace and were happy with the outcome please let me know.

Edit: i found the Lateralus vinyl on the website Hellboy linked above for 38$ so i guess i’ll order it from there, it’s in California as well so that’s good. Thanks HB
I would not recommend to buy it, except you want to own it as a collectors item.
The sound quality is horrible, really makes me angry.

Btw. I bought it for 45€, which would be something like 50$.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

@spoonman
I read that the quality isn’t good being a picture disk and all, i wanna frame it, i just think it looks amazing.
I forgot my pen
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Then you won't be disappointed. The vinyls look great!
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Spoonman wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:33 am
Danny wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:39 am There’s no way to get packages from the USA here in Beirut, i’m gonna order the limited edition and type in my relative’s LA address, they’re visiting us in October so it will work out.

My question is about the Lateralus vinyl, it’s available on COSM.com for 65$, is that a good deal? If any of you guys have ordered it from someplace and were happy with the outcome please let me know.

Edit: i found the Lateralus vinyl on the website Hellboy linked above for 38$ so i guess i’ll order it from there, it’s in California as well so that’s good. Thanks HB
I would not recommend to buy it, except you want to own it as a collectors item.

Aren't they autographed from the COSM store?
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

RCA Records is a subsidiary of Sony music so it fits.
Canned audience laughter
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

fractal-machine wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:02 am
Spoonman wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:33 am

Aren't they autographed from the COSM store?
I thought they might be, at least from Alex Grey because
I’ve seen ones with his signature along with a drawing of the eye but it doesn’t say anywhere on the cosm store that they’re autographed, they cost a good 30$ more so they might be.
I forgot my pen
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

tys0n wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 am RCA Records is a subsidiary of Sony music so it fits.
Ok, thank you for clarifying.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Some idea as to what could be included in the package: https://www.videoplusprint.com/video-brochure.html
fractal-machine
Has been

hellboy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:28 am Some idea as to what could be included in the package: https://www.videoplusprint.com/video-brochure.html
Everything is starting to make sense now, hmm. The 4" HD screen is rechargable via USB cable?
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

fractal-machine wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:53 am
hellboy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:28 am Some idea as to what could be included in the package: https://www.videoplusprint.com/video-brochure.html
Everything is starting to make sense now, hmm. The 4" HD screen is rechargable via USB cable?
Yes.
fractal-machine
Has been

ms2r wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:54 am
Yes.
That 7" screen would be to big for a CD case, but I wonder what size screen an LP would take :idea:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

fractal-machine wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:59 am
ms2r wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:54 am

Yes.
That 7" screen would be to big for a CD case, but I wonder what size screen an LP would take :idea:
I think that's one of the more interesting questions here - 4 inches makes sense for a CD case, but for an LP? It'll either be a bigger (and presumably more expensive screen) or the packaging might be different entirely (ala Lateralus I guess)
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I remember when Manson’s Mechanical Animals came out, i got it on my way back from school and was excited to pop the cd in my PC and see all that interactive stuff, now records are coming with HD panels.
I forgot my pen
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

We know. ;)
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

ms2r wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:06 amWe know. ;)
Haha just realized I was behind. Didn't know the package was posted on page 14... Saw some chatter about the screen but nothing else so I posted it. Ignore.

I'm definitely buying that if it is indeed 45 bucks. The additional 10 minutes of music is intriguing though. How did they decide what didn't make the physical cd cut?
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

I'm definitely buying that if it is indeed 45 bucks. The additional 10 minutes of music is intriguing though. How did they decide what didn't make the physical cd cut?
[/quote]

By mutual agreement.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Raffa D wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:17 am
By mutual agreement.
I would lean toward Majority Rules
alteridiom
Bronco's Fan

Post by alteridiom »

That price is super reasonable.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

alteridiom wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:22 am That price is super reasonable.
They probably make more overall selling them for 45 than for say 75...

I would not buy it for 75, but I totally will for 45... And I feel like I'm not the only one.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 am
Raffa D wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:17 am
By mutual agreement.
I would lean toward Majority Rules
Maybe a coin toss or pulling names out of a hat haha
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

89 min that is great news! The MP3 thing is weird but I guess a double disk would be too expensive with this crazy packaging? What does this say about the vinyl release how many records would that be? Guess it depends on song length.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Sounds like they've provided an entertainment center with this one, wow, damn!
Ahhh, Infotainment!
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

When you hit next to the extra track and hear ... "Choices always were a problem for you..."
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:15 am When you hit next to the extra track and hear ... "Choices always were a problem for you..."
With a goofy JC intro...