Fear Inoculum

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by xZ1mM3r »

PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:15 am When you hit next to the extra track and hear ... "Choices always were a problem for you..."
Thats actually a really good guess... This would be a good place and method to releasing the Opiate Extended version.
myke
Maynard Believer

Post by myke »

Hello, long time viewer first time poster. Anyway, I was thinking it would be pretty wicked if the screen is for album length syncopated visuals. Would it be crazy to assume the case itself is a CD player, because of the inclusion of the speaker? ...or maybe the 10 minutes of music they are keeping off of the CD is what plays through the speakers and what the screen is for. Whatever it is, this is exciting.
Last edited by myke on Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Damn this sounds awesome!!
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

So what is the 89 min of music download card? 10 extra min or 89 different min? I don’t like the idea of it being Opiate I feel like that should have it’s own release. I guess we’ll find out soon enough
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Shed523 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:50 am So what is the 89 min of music download card? 10 extra min or 89 different min? I don’t like the idea of it being Opiate I feel like that should have it’s own release. I guess we’ll find out soon enough
I second this. That would be a cop out at this point. Plus we need the video.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Anyone around here remember much music? Canada’s mtv? Was just talking to the wife about old school mtv and when we got much music in the US. Took me back to when I had to stay up til midnight to watch the stinkfist video. Remember pop up video?

Damn I’m getting old. Gonna be so funny hyping over this limited edition cd in front of the family.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

originally called song 1 when the Stinkfist video first hit. I keep it pretty goofy with the kiddos so they don’t see much difference lol. Just glued to my phone more waiting for updates and spewing on here.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Probably been said but I bet the extra ten minutes on the download thingy is a music video.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Can't wait to hear Maynards lyrics on the title track. They all pretty much said the name is about not really giving a shit anymore... Invincible and descending have beautiful lyrics and vocals. Don't need a whole album of that though thanks Maynard. I hope to hear some of his attitude and not give a shitness on this one.
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Tool_User wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:04 am Can't wait to hear Maynards lyrics on the title track. They all pretty much said the name is about not really giving a shit anymore... Invincible and descending have beautiful lyrics and vocals. Don't need a whole album of that though thanks Maynard. I hope to hear some of his attitude and not give a shitness on this one.
I heard he's not as aggressive in this album
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Yeah I heard the same. He hasn't got to scream like ticks n leeches I just want to hear some attitude.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

myke wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:14 am Hello, long time viewer first time poster. Anyway, I was thinking it would be pretty wicked if the screen is for album length syncopated visuals. Would it be crazy to assume the case itself is a CD player, because of the inclusion of the speaker? ...or maybe the 10 minutes of music they are keeping off of the CD is what plays through the speakers and what the screen is for. Whatever it is, this is exciting.
I hope this (the concert-album) are the visuals and considering Alex Grey comments from yesterday plus the two other Confirmed artists this will most likely be the case. Luckily.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

myke wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:14 am Hello, long time viewer first time poster. Anyway, I was thinking it would be pretty wicked if the screen is for album length syncopated visuals. Would it be crazy to assume the case itself is a CD player, because of the inclusion of the speaker? ...or maybe the 10 minutes of music they are keeping off of the CD is what plays through the speakers and what the screen is for. Whatever it is, this is exciting.
Yeah I was thinking that. Maybe they have 7 artists with 7 different visuals for each song?
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

I really hope the special edition won't be one of these "sold out after 5 seconds"-affairs.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Good news is that news always drops when I walk away for a bit and I have to go mow the lawn for a few hours. Doing this for the greater good.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

thekillingjoke wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:18 am I really hope the special edition won't be one of these "sold out after 5 seconds"-affairs.
Yea, at least we get the links ahead of time and can prepare.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Boldizar wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:08 pm
thekillingjoke wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:18 am I really hope the special edition won't be one of these "sold out after 5 seconds"-affairs.
Yea, at least we get the links ahead of time and can prepare.
if the price of $45 is accurate, i would be surprised if it is a super limited quantity. That seems like a price point that they would mass produce.
fractal-machine
Has been

That CD price is not bad. If indeed it's legit. Wonder why Port o sound took the page down. Cease and desist?
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

fractal-machine wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:40 pm That CD price is not bad. If indeed it's legit. Wonder why Port o sound took the page down. Cease and desist?
must be something like that... they clearly didnt make all of that up. Theres truth behind it. They just posted it too soon and Tool put the kabosh on that.
Matthewc25
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Matthewc25 »

I have a feeling that’s why we haven’t heard anything yet. Maybe Tool is dealing with port o sound for leaking the pre order early
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

That hologram idea sounds pretty sweet!!
Wonder if the 4" screen will be used for that?
Professor of Lesbian Science
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Dudes, Dudettes, Dudethems, Dudehirz!!!! New Tool tomorrow. Fucking pumped!
“Casual Fan”
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Where are these links at?
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Any idea as to when the single will go live tomorrow? Are we talking about a midnight countdown?!?
fractal-machine
Has been

https://www.radio.com/music/rock/world- ... r-inoculum
Single streaming Aug 7 on radio.com