Fear Inoculum

brianlikesmovies
My pain is just an excuse

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by brianlikesmovies »

Kinda sad we don't have a video, but I guess that will come later on. Glad i'm not the only one enjoying the track though.
Whys it smell like bitch in here?
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

fucking love it after one listen! also I love all the vocals on ETE and this also remings me of The Pot into vocals
All well Whatever, Nevermind
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Fifth listen now...
Watch this as your listening
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Mk_gmbl
Maynard Believer

Post by Mk_gmbl »

Just to clarify, the $44 one on amazon is the "limited special edition" ? None of the links take me there, only to the mp3 download pages. I had to search for it independently and on the amazon app it shows next to no information about the release. Very confusing honestly considering the 13 year wait. Thought for sure they would do some type of special edition through tool army. But either way, NEW TOOL!
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

Boldizar wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:46 am
thekillingjoke wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:36 am Preorder link on a German shop: https://www.emp.de/p/fear-inoculum/453833.html

- for 79€ (lolwhut? My amazon.com preorder including shipping from the US totals at 59,90€)
- it says "spectacular special edition with 2 CDs"
Interesting. It would be great to get a formal press release of what exactly is going on with this physical release. Is it or is it not 2 discs?
I'm guessing whoever wrote the blurb read about the 85 minute album length and thought "so it must be 2 CDs then".
The info doesn't contain any actual details about the edition. I would take it with a grain of salt.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

10 Tracks! Let that mean 7 proper songs CCtrip and 2 segues
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

lukas wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:43 am all the tool (and for instance the mars volta) stuff where I went "mmmhmmm this is too unstructured and doesn't go anywhere" at first turned out to be the best and long lasting songs that i never get tired of for me. it's the same with this one. seriously hyped.
One of the great strengths of Invincible and Descending is their structure. Those songs are long, spacey at times, but there is always a hard focus on form underneath it all. They sound meticulously constructed. So far, this doesn't. Not just the sections either, but the notes Maynard sings, words he uses, melodic stuff Adam does (thinking of Invincible). So tight.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

7:30 cringe inducing Puscifer melodies
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Very proggy, not a fan of to much prog but i’m loving this.

It was very Reflection like in the beginning but it changes later.

I need a couple of more listens pronto!
I forgot my pen
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Link to US amazon to preorder limited edition package:
https://www.amazon.com/You-Gonna-Love-N ... l-pivot-20
Mk_gmbl wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:49 am Just to clarify, the $44 one on amazon is the "limited special edition" ? None of the links take me there, only to the mp3 download pages. I had to search for it independently and on the amazon app it shows next to no information about the release. Very confusing honestly considering the 13 year wait. Thought for sure they would do some type of special edition through tool army. But either way, NEW TOOL!
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
brianlikesmovies

rinkwhopper wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:57 am 7:30 cringe inducing Puscifer melodies
This is the only part of the song I don't like, but its not deal breaking for me. The rest of it is incredible.
fractal-machine
Has been

Reports are that vinyl will be announced in the coming days
Also Bullmoose had preorders at $36:
https://www.bullmoose.com/p/31590716/to ... nload-card
Last edited by fractal-machine on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Cannot believe some whinging already. Great song. On the first listen. Pumped for the rest now. It sounds just like TooL. Those drums!!!

Not sure what we gain by being over analytical/critical.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
brianlikesmovies

liz wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:05 am Cannot believe some whinging already. Great song. On the first listen. Pumped for the rest now. It sounds just like TooL. Those drums!!!

She speaketh the truth!
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

Tracklist on amazon.de is up:

Fear Inoculum is the opening song apparently, all other tracks are yet untitled. Track 7 seems to have some sweary bits.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

brianlikesmovies wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:01 am
rinkwhopper wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:57 am 7:30 cringe inducing Puscifer melodies
This is the only part of the song I don't like, but its not deal breaking for me. The rest of it is incredible.
Why can't he freaking sing TO the song? The chorus ("Exhale, Expel") is as antithetical to the music as possible, he's just wallowing notes out here and there, wherever. But the entire song is pretty much like that too. Why does every instance of signing have his Puscifer/ETE harmony on it? I'm gonna have to move the the Grudge thread soon. I don't understand these choices.
fractal-machine
Has been

brianlikesmovies wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:06 am
liz wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:05 am Cannot believe some whinging already. Great song. On the first listen. Pumped for the rest now. It sounds just like TooL. Those drums!!!

She speaketh the truth!
This^^
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

i see MOG has an alias username in Boldizar. Maybe you need to retire from tool? shut it down, go to bed, wake up, find another band
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

just listened eyes closed in my truck sound blasted fuck this tune is great the subtle drum notes wow! This IS TOOL at their finest great intro track might dethrone The Grudge as My fav opener. Maybe
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

amazon.de says it's "2 CD", format "Double CD", yet the number of disks is 1. What a mess.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Omg the whining about the vocals is ridiculous. He's been singing this way for YEARS now. Anyone that didn't expect this is delusional. The song is fucking awesome.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I am sorry I was looking at this music critically. I should have taken a bong hit and sniffed paint while posting about how infallible Tool is.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

It has the Puscifer/EtE harmony because it’s the same singer 🤯

All bands have this same issue, when you hear a new piece of music from a band it will remind you of older songs of said band, but in the end after dozens of listens you will discover new stuff and start appreciating the music.
I forgot my pen
fractal-machine
Has been

Can't wait to hear this in my car when I leave for work!