Fear Inoculum

junior
Green Herbsman

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by junior »

Boldizar wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:28 pm
Moridin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:56 pm
Pneuma & Mockingbeat?

That paragraph is confusing. How is the title track an "electronic soundscape"?
He only listened to the first 1:30, with the digital whirring. Seriously though, I am not confident this guy has actually heard anything. Musta been, so... high.

Also, Mockingbeat really sounds like a working title, maybe this reviewer didn't get the full details when he was granted a listen. Maybe junior will oblige us with his wisdom.
I couldn't answer that without revealing too much in the process. Thankfully the official track listing is out now.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

junior wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 am
I couldn't answer that without revealing too much in the process. Thankfully the official track listing is out now.
No worries junior :D Not that you would, but I'd never want you to have to give too much away.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

ms2r wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:20 am
Shed523 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:39 am So Litanie contre la Peur translates to "Litany against Fear" but also seams to directly relate to "Dune" which appears to be a French novel or series of novels Written by Frank Herbert. I remember seeing in one of the snapshots from the recently released mags a mention of "Dune" being some sort of influence.
There is nothing french about the Dune novels. Cool books! The books from Brian Herbert in the serie are a lot weaker.
Dennis Villeneuve is directing a new adaption of the first book. Release 2020 with a pretty good cast.
Thanks! A little more digging would have dug that up. I’ll have to check them out! Still seams to have some connection to “Litanie contre le Peur” possible quote I guess.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I had a dream last night the HD screen art was actually a sentient AI being and it released it's 3D-printed minions upon the Earth. Stoked for this after reading those track names and descriptions.

There's no way 7empest can live up this amount of hype, but bring it on! Crazy to think I've already heard half the album, but the studio versions of Descending and Invincible will be a fresh experience. Bummed about the segues but glad they didn't compromise the music for them. Guess it's toss-up on whether they'll appear on the vinyl or not.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

The kerrang! Interview was fun to read. Seems they changed the process of writing opposed to previous records. Plus they seem to have fun as a band; which is always good to read after all those years.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Having not heard the album, granted... but if it's as epic as it sounds like it is and with all the comments about it being "one long song" (ala Justin), I'm really kind of hoping they do the opening tour playing the entire album all the way through, with some "hits" either before or after it.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

The new Metal Hammer is available to order already: https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/ ... issue-326/

It comes with a bonus Tool mini-magazine it looks like.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

St. Troy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:43 am
xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 pmIt should be noted that the interludes on track 3, 5 and 10 will not be on the physical CD and will only be listenable on the digital version of the album.
I haven't concerned myself with the download card until now because I didn't/couldn't take seriously the notion that the band would release a CD containing only part of the album, but since it now appears that they have taken this moronic and indefensible step, I have some questions:

Does the "digital download card" have files on it, or does it grant access to something online from which you download the files?

Amazon describes it as an "MP3 download card," whereas the toolband.com August newsletter describes it as a "digital download card" - do we know if these files will be MP3, or something else?

Will the sound quality differ between those two sources (CD and the download files)? It sure as hell will reek if 3 tracks are noticeably weaker in quality (I worry that MP3 files - if that's what they are - can't be as high quality as the CD tracks, although I have very little experience with MP3 files), and if they differ, no way in hell would I just listen to the whole thing on MP3 for the sake of uniformity.

When I ask if the sound quality will differ, I should point out that I don't have audiophile speakers or headphones; mine is not a situation where I can say (as some have) things like "when I tried it out on my Klipsch system, the individual toms occupied different points in space, and I can hear Danny's stool creak when he leans in." I don't have the ability to find or hear sonic fingerprints, but if it's a meaningful difference, I will hear it, and I will be pissed.

Further background of my music process - what I do and why:

I only listen to music through my iPhone (home and vehicle are out of the question for various reasons), which means everything first gets loaded into iTunes on my laptop, and from there copied to my iPhone. When I receive my physical copy of FI, I will first copy the CD tracks to iTunes/laptop, and then the download files for the 3 tracks left off the CD. I will combine the two sources so that it all appears as one continuous album in iTunes (with proper running order etc.), and from there put it on my iPhone. If there were an option to download some kind of "super HD tracks" that aren't compatible with iTunes, they would be of no use to me.
Yes, I am also concerned about these bonus tracks. I'm guessing the digital download card will have a unique number or code on it that you enter into some website allowing you access to download the files. This also raises more questions: will you be able to download the full album or the bonus tracks only? Will you be able to select your preferred quality like 24 or 16 bit FLAC, V0 MP3, 320 MP3 like on bandcamp? We shall see...
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I would be stunned if the download card didn't give you the option of a lossless format.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah I don't think Tool is gonna skimp on an album that has been in the making 13 years , that has a packaging that is going to be able to mow your lawn and give a foot massage, only to offer Mp3 quality only for the segues.

Troy, I have no doubt your worries will be alleviated on release mate.
Listen to All Them Witches
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 am Yeah I don't think Tool is gonna skimp on an album that has been in the making 13 years , that has a packaging that is going to be able to mow your lawn and give a foot massage, only to offer Mp3 quality only for the segues.

Troy, I have no doubt your worries will be alleviated on release mate.
Thanks.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Boldizar wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:19 am The new Metal Hammer is available to order already: https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/ ... issue-326/

It comes with a bonus Tool mini-magazine it looks like.
Thanks for the link Boldizar trying to grab all the TOOL publications
All well Whatever, Nevermind
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Sorry but some guy here has never heard of Dune.

Fucking DUNE.
Canned audience laughter
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

^I just posted that you won the album length contest tys0n so well done mate :)

Your 79:06 guess is very close to the apparent 79:10 on Wikipedia... assuming it's legit etc.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Thanks, I could have done it without you all.
Canned audience laughter
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

It's 86:38 if you include all 10 tracks on the digital release... but I think you deserve credit here
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Track lengths up on Apple Music

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Twenty minutes.... pfft. Pigs arse
Listen to All Them Witches
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:58 pm Twenty minutes.... pfft. Pigs arse
I’m relieved it’s not 20 minutes, that would have been too much, Echoes territory which has like 5 minutes of ambient sounds, i love Echoes but I haven’t listened to it in ages so...
I forgot my pen
slicknickshady
Maynard Believer

Post by slicknickshady »

Well I should have figured Sebastian Bach may not have been great at estimating time.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Apparently 7empset just has Maynard repeating the C word over and over
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

slicknickshady wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:46 pm Well I should have figured Sebastian Bach may not have been great at estimating time.
He's not the only one to have misestimated the time. I imagine the albums flows to a point where it's hard to discern where one track finishes and ends.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Especially with an instrumtal in front of it.

I am also pretty curious about the beach waves at the start and end of Descending.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Fear Inoculum is a fantastic opening track. I have been listening to it 90% of the time with headphones once a day and it keeps getting better. The reviews that I have seen that say it doesn’t have a great ending have lost their ever livin minds.

The track listing is very nice to see, and just being able to see the length of all the tracks for some reason gets me more stoked.
Maynardism
Maynard Believer

Post by Maynardism »

Sprout wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:29 am That Kerrang interview is actually worth reading.
Is it just me or is the quality of that scan very blurry? Almost can't read it.