brewdog123
RIP

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by brewdog123 »

brianlikesmovies
My pain is just an excuse

Post by brianlikesmovies »

You all think they'll restock? If Target lasts Ill grab it from there. But id like to go through Amazon.
Whys it smell like bitch in here?
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

PulsedHalo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:12 pm
snazzlefrass wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:10 pm We need to petition to get Hellboy an advanced copy Fromm tool. I mean, come on. He’s done more for Tool fans than Tool, shouldn’t they recognize that?

Doubt a petition would do anything, just think he deserves some recognition from Tool.
omg that picture :lol: :lol: :lol:
SteveBobSteve
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Damn, got me all panicked now. I just preordered from another local store as a backup. Luckily I didn't have to pay for my first preorder, which is part of what makes me nervous about it. Sure it'll be fine.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Got myself another copy from target
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I had a chance to really listen to a flac of Fear Inoculum that was shared with me today and all of the drum issues I had vanished to my ear. The weird flatness that seems to be present in the spotify, youtube, and Google Play mp3 I bought was absent and all my worries about the clarity were gone. The cymbals are still oddly distant at times, but whatever, I enjoyed this so much more.

Before I mentioned that I thought that lack of body that seemed to be present was also making the hi hats sound cheap or lacking in articulation. Hearing them in this flac I remembered something I had forgotten. In these pics of Carey's studio setup (there is another on his website) I noticed before that it looked like he was using larger hi-hats. Not just 14" from 13", but these appeared to be 15"s. Also they do not look like Signatures, possible they are 2002s like his NAMM kit had. This is precisely the reason for the more sloshy, less bright sound. I much prefer his other hats, but I feel better knowing it was just the lower quality recordings that made everything sound odd to me.

I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Where can we find this FLAC copy?
brianlikesmovies
My pain is just an excuse

Post by brianlikesmovies »

Boldizar wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:30 pm I had a chance to really listen to a flac of Fear Inoculum that was shared with me today and all of the drum issues I had vanished to my ear. The weird flatness that seems to be present in the spotify, youtube, and Google Play mp3 I bought was absent and all my worries about the clarity were gone. The cymbals are still oddly distant at times, but whatever, I enjoyed this so much more.

Before I mentioned that I thought that lack of body that seemed to be present was also making the hi hats sound cheap or lacking in articulation. Hearing them in this flac I remembered something I had forgotten. In these pics of Carey's studio setup (there is another on his website) I noticed before that it looked like he was using larger hi-hats. Not just 14" from 13", but these appeared to be 15"s. Also they do not look like Signatures, possible they are 2002s like his NAMM kit had. This is precisely the reason for the more sloshy, less bright sound. I much prefer his other hats, but I feel better knowing it was just the lower quality recordings that made everything sound odd to me.

Where could I get ahold of this FLAC? Id be down to hear some crisper drums.
Whys it smell like bitch in here?
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

They’re back!! I held out for a whole day lol. Vintage TOOL sound that has progressed once again. To be honest I was expecting more of a 10k part deux which I was fine with but they somehow managed to push it even further. This is a beast of a song that takes multiple listens on good headphones to properly take in. Its not an easy listening song that’s for sure, you need to be patient and open. But it’s fucking brutal. Danny is a monster. MJK invited pussyferesque type vocals to the show that I’ve made peace with and now love. JC and Adam intertwine beautifully. If you’re new to TOOL, this is not the track to start off with. But with the vets this is what we wanted and I’m fucking ecstatic for the new album. Love the intro and all the synth and ambient sounds being played. Anyone else tear up?? I know I did.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:26 am
I'm also in the "spoke word bit is one of the best parts" camp. Nothing cringeworthy about it at all.

Just seemed unnecessary....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Have to think there’s kinks getting worked out with distribution, supply, advertising, etc. This thing will be everywhere come Aug 30. If anything, the preorders will probably delay receipt for a lot of people by a couple days.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:57 pm
I'm also in the "spoke word bit is one of the best parts" camp. Nothing cringeworthy about it at all.

I mean, they didn't really need to release another album either. No way they're topping Aenima or Lateralus
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

If anyone wants the FLAC legally here it is

https://store.tidal.com/au/album/114947496

Sounds great!
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Thanks for the link! I thought tidal was sub streaming only.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

hellboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:12 pm

I mean, they didn't really need to release another album either. No way they're topping Aenima or Lateralus
We shall see hellboy

We shall see
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ms2r wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:04 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:00 am Crazy they didn't release Invincible as the first 'single'
As in terms of previous singles and style then, yes, Invincible would be a much more obvious choice. Would be less tricky for the audience then Fear Inoculum.
Less Tricky?
parabola69.jpg
parabola69.jpg (7.87 KiB) Viewed 9966 times
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

nxrm wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:59 pm Hey Junior!

Hope it's not asking too much, but have you already heard the new album? And, does this help you start thinking about putting together lighting for a tour? Or does that process take place later, when a tour is actually being put together?
I've heard "most" of it.
Yeah, it helps get the ideas together.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Fear Inoculum Credits:

Canned audience laughter
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

hellboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:12 pm

For many years I went back and forth between Lateralus or Aenima as number 1 album, usually whichever one I was listening to at the time came out on top. In the last couple of years I've settled on Lateralus as 1. Purely due to start-finish cohesiveness. I have a feeling Fear Inoculum will bump Aenima to 3 and I can't be any happier to feel that way.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

junior wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:33 pm
ms2r wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:04 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:00 am Crazy they didn't release Invincible as the first 'single'
As in terms of previous singles and style then, yes, Invincible would be a much more obvious choice. Would be less tricky for the audience then Fear Inoculum.
Less Tricky?
parabola69.jpg
Schism was first. ;)
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

I'd love to hear me some Flac! Spotify truly lacks
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Spotify is crystal clear.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

junior wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:36 pm
nxrm wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:59 pm Hey Junior!

Hope it's not asking too much, but have you already heard the new album? And, does this help you start thinking about putting together lighting for a tour? Or does that process take place later, when a tour is actually being put together?
I've heard "most" of it.
Yeah, it helps get the ideas together.
Right on! Definitely looking forward to seeing what's in store for future tours.

By they way, I just reread your interview with Blair from the September 2012 Newsletter. Great stuff.

For those interested: TOOL NEWSLETTER - SEPTEMBER 2012, E.V.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

BOBS THE LIGHTING GUY FOR TOOL!!!!!
Listen to All Them Witches
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

bob wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:50 am i got a FLAC file of FI and i dont hear any issues at 8:27/8:28 but that little jump at 8:10 i do hear as well.
I just got the Tidal FLAC and the 8:27 jitter is on there, too.