Fear Inoculum

ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: Fear Inoculum with SPOILERS

Post by ms2r »

Fingers crossed for another European leg.
specialk
Bronco's Fan

Post by specialk »

Come on tour dates, let's get announced in full soon. I am thinking this weekend. I need to start making travel plans!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:42 am I mean I guess to each their own but why would you do that? Do you also edit Tarantino films cuz off the chatty dialogue?

The payoff isn’t as strong if you cut out the build up.
No I can't stand Tarantino films so wouldn't watch them in the first place. I love tool tho, it's just these little bongo bongo journeys aren't doing it for me. There's big parts of a few songs that bore me to the point I lose interest and immersion. Cut that chi k out and I'd love it. Weird I know and I've never done it before but I've never heard an album full of ten minute songs before either.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

I ended up getting a full refund for Epicenter, so I am less salty now and eager to give Tool my money again.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Wtf is happening here? Editing tracks? 🤦‍♂️
I forgot my pen
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

ms2r wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:53 am Fingers crossed for another European leg.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

If you get bored and cant make it through 10-16 min. You may have ADD.

Cutting up the songs to make them easier to listen to? I dont get it at all. Just dont listen. You cant have the highs without the lows.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Yeah even Tempest is starting to go by really fast for me now. The others ones seemed to all go by really fast on first listen just tempest was noticeable longer but still went by really fast for how long it is. How can you even cut anything out of Tempest. It hits hard the whole time, not a 'boring' part all the way through..
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I can see why the regulars have buggered off to the discord now. Fags here can't handle a different opinion. Yes big chunks of the new songs bore me. Not an attention issue they just bore me and I'm tempted to just cut them out myself. Ever tried making your own pizza? Try it sometime!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Like, really good, to start calling names to defend your opinion.

Pity you aren't feeling the epicness of fear Inoculum.

And Tarantino is hit or miss. Kill hit, pulp miss.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:01 pm I can see why the regulars have buggered off to the discord now. Fags here can't handle a different opinion. Yes big chunks of the new songs bore me. Not an attention issue they just bore me and I'm tempted to just cut them out myself. Ever tried making your own pizza? Try it sometime!
I have a name change suggestion for ya... 'Tool_Wanker' .. just sit on it for a little bit... let it marinade... See what ya think
Listen to All Them Witches
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:10 pm
Tool_User wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:01 pm I can see why the regulars have buggered off to the discord now. Fags here can't handle a different opinion. Yes big chunks of the new songs bore me. Not an attention issue they just bore me and I'm tempted to just cut them out myself. Ever tried making your own pizza? Try it sometime!
I have a name change suggestion for ya... 'Tool_Wanker' .. just sit on it for a little bit... let it marinade... See what ya think
So busty, if my opinion is that parts of the album is boring then it's OK to have a dig at me and say I've got attention disorder something?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

ms2r wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:08 pm Like, really good, to start calling names to defend your opinion.

Pity you aren't feeling the epicness of fear Inoculum.

And Tarantino is hit or miss. Kill hit, pulp miss.
I feel the epicness, I also feel the boredom in parts. Is that OK with you?
Last edited by Tool_User on Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Am I not a regular? Guess not.

I just don't understand the logic. If you don't like the song that's fine. Chopping up the song is just foolish in my opinion, just don't listen to the song.

I've made my own pizza, and when I do i consume the whole thing, even the piece with less toppings then the other ones.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

MobileVortex wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:14 pm Am I not a regular? Guess not.

I just don't understand the logic. If you don't like the song that's fine. Chopping up the song is just foolish in my opinion, just don't listen to the song.

I've made my own pizza, and when I do i consume the whole thing, even the piece with less toppings then the other ones.
So because I don't like parts of these songs you think it's ok to suggest I've got some kind of disorder? Cool, just don't get upset if I respond in kind. Fag.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:13 pm
So busty, if my opinion is that parts of the album is boring then it's OK to have a dig at me and say I've got attention disorder something?
I didn't mean ADD to be an insult. I have it, and the low points in the song do make my mind wander. I believe that's that point.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:16 pm

So because I don't like parts of these songs you think it's ok to suggest I've got some kind of disorder? Cool, just don't get upset if I respond in kind. Fag.

You seem to be the one upset here. I will end this here as we are going way off topic now. Enjoy the songs the way you want, I just dont understand your logic.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Ok, another name change suggestion... "Tool_sensitive"

Also just went and checked out discord and man.. just a bunch of dudes going down on each other... you were actually spot on
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:17 pm

Ok, another name change suggestion... "Tool_sensitive"

Also just went and checked out discord and man.. just a bunch of dudes going down on each other... you were actually spot on
What's the obsession with my name? Cool sounds like you'd fit right in.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Well seeing as I am gay I do actually.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Nooo? Good for you!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

MobileVortex wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:17 pm
Tool_User wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:16 pm

You seem to be the one upset here. I will end this here as we are going way off topic now. Enjoy the songs the way you want, I just dont understand your logic.
I believe the point is to do whatever the fuck you want with it. BTW for someone who supposedly has ADD your not doing much to help the stigma that's attached to it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

There's a stigma attached to add? News to me
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 am Yeah I've found myself skipping big chunks of songs. They could of cut some huge chunks out and it wouldn't of done any damage but they chose to go off on these little journeys so that's what we have. I am actually thinking of having a go at editing some of the tracks down to make it easier to listen to.
I was about to go a big rant about how mentally retarded one would have to be to do something like this and how using 'fag' as an insult is just so trite and lazy. I mean I keep reading what is written and I have to think that maybe drinking while pregnant is not the best idea or the guy grew up in a glue factory. At the end of the day though, even if they were dropped repeatedly on their head as a child or their high school guidance counselor committed suicide rather than give them career advice, it's just their opinion and we are all allowed to have them, no matter how utterly fucking spastic they could be, like if this opinion was a new born baby you'd immediately drown it in a bucket of kerosene and then light it on fire to save the world from the abject horror.

But yeah I'm getting too old a for that and I'd just to say I disagree sir, good day.
Canned audience laughter
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Sheesh y’all need to calm down. I mean, seriously. “Fag”??? What is this the early 2000s???
SteveBobSteve