Fear Inoculum

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:52 am I love useful idiot and (ions)!

It's just that these segues seem lazy as FUCK!
Useful idiot and Ions are just essentially the same sound repeating? To each their own, but I don't see these new ones as any better or worse than those before them but I've been massive on their segues I guess.
Kittaan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:11 am Nice review Busty! I align with much of what you said, and share the low end love. What a fucking rhythm section, eh?! Cannot wait to hear this material live, and most importantly in person.

Btw, there were a couple of Too vs To errors in there (they’re?), but who gives a fuck mate?

How many full plays you reckon you got under your belt? In the hundreds for me. My fam is fully saturated with Tool now, and I’ve been bullied into headphones only unless I have the run of the house. :lol:
Ahh what's a too vs to error between friends ai. I do know the difference but just don't pay enough attention on here so to really go back and proofread what I write. Just blabber on with whatever comes to mind.

No way I've hit triple figures yet, that's a bloody top effort right there mate but yes she's been given a right bloody flogging on repeat since if leaked. Have to be close to the fifties I'd say. My misso is already sick of it I know that much haha
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:59 am
tys0n wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:52 am I love useful idiot and (ions)!

It's just that these segues seem lazy as FUCK!
Useful idiot and Ions are just essentially the same sound repeating? To each their own, but I don't see these new ones as any better or worse than those before them but I've been massive on their segues I guess.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Ions reverses the polarity man, MAGNETS

I can't see how you think it repeats on itself, crazy.

Can't believe you are saying that as a self confessed massive fan of segues.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

So it does! Just went to spotify to listen. I Haven't listened to that in a good 10 years I reckon . Probably longer , since I started using my first iPod back in about 2007 I removed some of the segues so just never listen to it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I never skip anything on Aenima, anything!

Oh my gosh Busty, how could you!
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Suck it up Mary, go change ya tampon
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I choose to free bleed thank you very much, female sanitary products are the work of male capitalist pigs who want us to continue to eat at their artificially created market place trough.

Plus I have a wide vagina so tampons don't work.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 am I choose to free bleed thank you very much, female sanitary products are the work of male capitalist pigs who want us to continue to eat at their artificially created market place trough.

so you gotta strap a board to your ass so you dont fall in Tyson ? :lol:
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

tys0n wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 am I choose to free bleed thank you very much, female sanitary products are the work of male capitalist pigs who want us to continue to eat at their artificially created market place trough.

The best part about this joke is that I am sure there are advocates for something actually called free bleeding that talk about it exactly like this.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 am Sounds great in 24bit!

Nobody's gonna give Tyson praise for his preferences in visual erotic stimulation? Bullshit.
SteveBobSteve
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

snazzlefrass wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 am Sounds great in 24bit!

Nobody's gonna give Tyson praise for his preferences in visual erotic stimulation? Bullshit.
This is classic Tyson. I can remember at least 2 more of these from him.

@ Busty - it used too drive me crazy, but know I hardly notice it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I asked if the torrent or album was 24 bit. He didn't answer.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

:lol:
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:08 am... back in about 2007 I removed some of the segues so just never listen to it.
WTF Busty!

Editing the album down because you don't like parts of it? You might be just as bad as that other dude editing songs! :o
Professor of Lesbian Science
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Ha! What can I say , some of the noise segues do nothing for me. I needed space on my laptop back in the day so deleted as much as I could from it so they got removed too. Never burned them back on to my hard drive again.
7oolband
My pain is just an excuse

Post by 7oolband »

7ooL top 5 noise segs for me:

eon blue
ions (1st time i heard aenima full playthriugh i didnt know wtf was happening[!])
litanie (also frickd me out, after invisible)
crawl away flutes
mantra
legion inoculum
:?: i was right, this changes everything|devil&his had me down|this tedious path i've chosen here|what's coming through is alive|slipping back into the gap again|rRrreal fuckin high on drugs|spark becomes a flame|mention anything to me :!:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I count 6. Also, Faaip de Ooiad is the best segue
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Easily agreed.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

the segues are better on lateralus then aenima. i like the new ones. not enough to say any are my favourites really..mockingbird i like more then the reviews made it sound. its fun. Legion Inoculant sounds like aliens entering my house from some other dimension. kinda freaky. ha
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

CCTrip y’all
SteveBobSteve
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

hellboy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:56 am...Faaip de Ooiad is the best segue
It's disturbing, unsettling - and real.
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Any chance the band will address the peaking distortion on this release of the album? It is not deal breaking, but it sucks to hear defects in the production. I would hope it can be corrected and reissued, but maybe the masters are like this as well.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Which song?

The only white noise I hear is on Pneuma in the beginning. And I have a feeling it is intentional.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Boldizar wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 am Any chance the band will address the peaking distortion on this release of the album? It is not deal breaking, but it sucks to hear defects in the production. I would hope it can be corrected and reissued, but maybe the masters are like this as well.
Please don't take this personally, but I started going down this rabbit hole with all the talk around the "clipping" on 10,000 Days, and reading similar complaints with Fear Inoculum make me wonder if folks are just cranking these tunes too loud on subpar equipment.

I've watched a number of videos and read a few articles regarding audio mastering in regards to clipping (so that makes me an expert now :lol: ), but to suggest that Tool made a huge mistake in production is a bit questionable.

In other cases, I think there's an expectation that the individual parts of the album (drums, bass, etc.) should sound one way and when the experience of listening doesn't align with that expectation one starts looking for reasons.

Again, please don't feel like I'm coming after you Boldizar. This has been in the back of my mind, and your post just caught me with some free time on my hands to type this out. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

nxrm wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:04 am
Boldizar wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 am Any chance the band will address the peaking distortion on this release of the album? It is not deal breaking, but it sucks to hear defects in the production. I would hope it can be corrected and reissued, but maybe the masters are like this as well.
Please don't take this personally, but I started going down this rabbit hole with all the talk around the "clipping" on 10,000 Days, and reading similar complaints with Fear Inoculum make me wonder if folks are just cranking these tunes too loud on subpar equipment.

I've watched a number of videos and read a few articles regarding audio mastering in regards to clipping (so that makes me an expert now :lol: ), but to suggest that Tool made a huge mistake in production is a bit questionable.

In other cases, I think there's an expectation that the individual parts of the album (drums, bass, etc.) should sound one way and when the experience of listening doesn't align with that expectation one starts looking for reasons.

Again, please don't feel like I'm coming after you Boldizar. This has been in the back of my mind, and your post just caught me with some free time on my hands to type this out. :D
No worries. There is definitely distortion in Pneuma (Bass verse, heavy end section of bridge a bit I think), Tempest (Last Maynard part), and Invincible (Bass solo). People definitely aren't making it up. 10,000 Days did not have these issues. But this has nothing to do with how I expect it to sound. This is a general audio quality issue. Sometimes it is harder to notice to others. The most noticeable is probably the Invincible bass solo although at times you probably think its the bass effect. Overall it almost sounds like there are these large, slow moving waves in the mix and over the course of songs the treble gets higher and higher in parts (and I mean ever so slightly, like the sound is slowly sandwiched into a higher range), which is where the distortion occurs.

I'd add that I can hear this across multiple releases and speakers as well. CD, 24bit, MP3, WAV (from TB order).
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Norm and Boldone - both of your last posts above are based on well stated positions, reasoned, supported and very importantly respectful and considerate of the other’s experience. Despite being on different sides of your discussion.

Thanks.
Ki77aan :twisted: