Fear Inoculum

fractal-machine
Has been

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by fractal-machine »

Boldizar wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:05 am
I don't know why they had to specify fear in the title. It sounds lame and certainly isn't the only motivation behind the darkness of men. This is why I didn't like the title off the bat. It is too specific and obvious. Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, 10,000 Days... these all have some level of ambiguity or scale of varying application.
Because today's kids don't think for themselves :lol:
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:24 am
liz wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:06 am
basejumper wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 am

There sure has been a lot of fear mongering for 3 years about Russia, Russia, Russia from the Left since 45 came into power that's for certain...
Watch out for China China China coming to a trade fair near you.
I highly doubt that, they are genociding Uyghurs and no one really gives a fuck. (Quick go google it so you can give your 'informed' opinion)

Too important of a trade partner.

It's all about Iran Iran Iran
You missed my point entirely which was that China is a bigger "threat" with its increasing purchase of American debt.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Thanks for the pro tip though but I already watched four corners.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I haven't watched that show in years but good google-fu

America and China need each other economically, one doesn't work without the other.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

You should watch it. It's up on iview from last month. A shot of Liz inoculum would work for you too. :lol:
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

In regards to the album title, all things known maybe they had only 5 titles to chose from, as in song titles.

They didn't want to call the album Invincible or Descending or whatever the rest end up being.

I mean would it be the same if the previous albums were named Flood, (Actually I like that more than Undertow) Third Eye, Reflection or Right in Two?
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

^point
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Translation:

Tool releases name of new record and is streamable

Big news from Tool! The band announced the title of her long-awaited record: Fear Inoculum. It will be released on August 30th. It's the fifth studio LP from the band, their first in 13 years, by the way. And there's more news for the fans: their entire catalog will be on all streaming services come friday.

Earlier this month De Morgen had the chance to listen to the new album exclusively. Contractually we are bound to silence, but mid-august you'll get a preview in this newspaper. In the meantime: It was worth the wait!
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I’m in great anticipation to hear her new album.
Ki77aan :twisted:
msalter
Maynard Believer

Post by msalter »

According to the Guitar World article with Adam, the album is 80 min long with 7 tracks.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:27 pm 6 songs max. MATH..Descending...just under 12 mins....Invincible 12 and a half...add in the 15 min song..about 39-40mins...half the album 3 songs.

Has been stated a number of times all the songs on the album are over 10 mins in length. Danny's synth, while likely short, will take up a couple of minutes at least. Segues, etc.

Again let's do math...

If three songs take up roughly 40 minutes...and 79 is the max you can have on a cd...that leaves 39 minutes for seques, Danny's synth, and songs. If the songs are all indeed over 10 mins, 7 songs in total is IMPOSSIBLE.

It is either going to be 5 with some multi-part songs or 6. That will be about 70 mins worth of music, again, doing MATH, IF all the songs are indeed over 10 minutes in length given how long Descending and Invincible currently are and adding in the 15 mins song.
Guys.... Adam must be lying. Guitar World Mag must be wrong. M0G himself told us recently that 7 tracks was IMPOSSIBLE. And we know he is never wrong. I mean look at how he defends the album titles meaning?! We are all idiots. Im so interested to see how silly Adam looks when he realizes he miscounted how many songs are on the album when he said it has 7 tracks.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

msalter wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:33 am According to the Guitar World article with Adam, the album is 80 min long with 7 tracks.
Would absolutely love this! I’ve convinced myself it’s going to be like 9 tracks and 6 “songs”. Nevermind the track amount 80 min would mean a double disk right?
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

80 minutes is one disc.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Bill Hilly wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:26 pm 80 minutes is one disc.
Thanks!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

And he mentions seven a lot. So 7 it will be.

Problem 8 makes sense again. They have written a song really good but which could not be placed on the new album. So they tried the good old pre-gap hidden song technique. (Check out problem 8).
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Yup sounds like 7 all this is winding up right so far
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Give the new GW article, I am amending my previous post to include that the title is likely also partial introspective reference, much like Eat the Elephant was, to the band working on this thing.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:13 pm
M0G wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:27 pm 6 songs max. MATH..Descending...just under 12 mins....Invincible 12 and a half...add in the 15 min song..about 39-40mins...half the album 3 songs.

Has been stated a number of times all the songs on the album are over 10 mins in length. Danny's synth, while likely short, will take up a couple of minutes at least. Segues, etc.

Again let's do math...

If three songs take up roughly 40 minutes...and 79 is the max you can have on a cd...that leaves 39 minutes for seques, Danny's synth, and songs. If the songs are all indeed over 10 mins, 7 songs in total is IMPOSSIBLE.

It is either going to be 5 with some multi-part songs or 6. That will be about 70 mins worth of music, again, doing MATH, IF all the songs are indeed over 10 minutes in length given how long Descending and Invincible currently are and adding in the 15 mins song.
Guys.... Adam must be lying. Guitar World Mag must be wrong. M0G himself told us recently that 7 tracks was IMPOSSIBLE. And we know he is never wrong. I mean look at how he defends the album titles meaning?! We are all idiots. Im so interested to see how silly Adam looks when he realizes he miscounted how many songs are on the album when he said it has 7 tracks.
I am completely correct. That leaves no room for multiple seques. Which means the album is 7 tracks with no seques. Only way to fit the songs on the album dipshit.

Descending 12mins
Invincible 12mins 13seconds
18 minute song

Those three - roughly 43 minutes, leaving 37 for another four songs. If each songs is over ten minutes as has been reported, we still have a problem dipshit.

Math dipshit

So there are either no seques OR...what had been reported, that all songs are over 10 minutes, is incorrect

Dipshit
The most intelligent person on this forum
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'm guessing any "seques" are contained within the tracks themselves. No way this particular band is fucking it up by having them separate and making it not display at "7 tracks."

Or... there are less "tracks" and the seques are part of that 7. Either way... do not fucking care, cannot wait to hear it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

glad to see we are back to the old days of the 4Eye.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

The title sounds like something off of The Incident by Porcupine Tree for some reason.

I imagine Fear Inoculum having a similar dark tone, but being much more heavy and intense and psychedelic and emotional while hopefully having plenty of delicate and introspective moments with the tabla or other exotic instruments. I love that they use elements from different cultures. Tool basically make future world prog or something. There is nothing cooler!

Another thing: people seem to forget that albums used to be way shorter back in the day. DARK SIDE OF THE MOON was a little over 42 minutes, so we have been getting double albums the whole time, guys!

Here is a piece from The Incident:
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Lame excuses for 13 years between albums typical Adam head in the cloud Jones bullshit.

We shall see come August 30th if the album is everything Guitar World is making it out to be.

God I hope Invincible isn't the single if they do release one on Friday. Descending is infinitely better in every way.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

M0G wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:12 pm

I am completely correct. That leaves no room for multiple seques. Which means the album is 7 tracks with no seques. Only way to fit the songs on the album dipshit.

Descending 12mins
Invincible 12mins 13seconds
18 minute song

Those three - roughly 43 minutes, leaving 37 for another four songs. If each songs is over ten minutes as has been reported, we still have a problem dipshit.

Math dipshit

So there are either no seques OR...what had been reported, that all songs are over 10 minutes, is incorrect

Dipshit
M0G's done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.

But seriously, segues were something the definitely stated would be on the album (specifically Danny's new bit). This must mean we have less than 7 real songs and at least one segue taking up the 7th slot. I hope we don't just get 6 actual songs.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

M0G wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 pm
God I hope Invincible isn't the single if they do release one on Friday. Descending is infinitely better in every way.
Does it really matter that much? We get a studio single in the near future and then the entire album on August 30. What comes first is really not that important is it?
Listen to All Them Witches