Fear Inoculum

limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by limeygringo »

Well it's gonna have batteries, so it's probably gonna have a spin wheel kinda thing. Looks like the art is literally where 10k days left off.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Bill Hilly wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:33 am Hold strong Norm. We got this.
\m/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Reminds me of a coiled up snake
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

PulsedHalo wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:26 am
lukas wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:22 am To be honest I am not impressed by the album art. A spiral with some eyes. Not very creative after 13 years. Plus the tool logo font looks like one of these Photoshop effects from the 90ies.
I'm thinking there is way more to that cover than meets the eye.
I agree with lukas. The font doesn't match the background in the least. I have a feeling the way the packing with work isn't analogous to a cover art insert, but we'll see I guess.
Shed523 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:27 am Title track sounds like "Fear Inoculum" right? If so I'm glad I stopped listening to Descending and Invincible in late June! There is no Fucking way I can hold out listening to this thing especially being the studio version! Plus if we are getting 7 tracks then there is still 4 more to come. Maybe this song clocks in around 9:30 or so being the most "radio". I know I know NO TRACK UNDER 10 MINUTES! 9:30 is close and there IS 7 Tracks so...
Could be. I think they are using "title track" as a replacement for "single". They were referring to it as a "leading track" before.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

A title track is just that... a track with the same name as the album? In this case it will also be the single.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

First impression of the album cover to me was ".... ehh... well thats disappointing"

The gold font gives an 'ancient' feel.. and the art is very modern. They dont seem to mesh very well at all. Could be expanded upon with additional art/themes/etc. But my first impression is underwhelming.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Agreed! I reckon there’s more..?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Not sure if this is about the album cover, the video, or just the album art in general...but still interesting.

Adam: "we approached Alex Grey at about the same time he approached us. And he was very into doing something with us again. We talked and he had this thing called The Great Turn, and it’s basically this being that has two sides."
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

nxrm wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:05 am Not sure if this is about the album cover, the video, or just the album art in general...but still interesting.

Adam: "we approached Alex Grey at about the same time he approached us. And he was very into doing something with us again. We talked and he had this thing called The Great Turn, and it’s basically this being that has two sides."
"...connected with a net of geometry..."

Not seeing what he described at all.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Because it is not specifically about the cover.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

"The Great Turn", Two Sides, Two CDs, Ascension/Descension (they might not be called this, but I am placing bets on 2 discs with the material arranged in two parts based on this idea).
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Boldizar wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:38 am "The Great Turn", Two Sides, Two CDs, Ascension/Descension (they might not be called this, but I am placing bets on 2 discs with the material arranged in two parts based on this idea).
it is not 2 discs... this has been covered. Why would they release 2 discs for 85 minutes of music.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:50 am
Boldizar wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:38 am "The Great Turn", Two Sides, Two CDs, Ascension/Descension (they might not be called this, but I am placing bets on 2 discs with the material arranged in two parts based on this idea).
it is not 2 discs... this has been covered. Why would they release 2 discs for 85 minutes of music.
Because 85 doesn't fit on one disc. Splitting it up ~40-45 per disc makes the most sense. No one has ever said it wouldn't be two discs. It is not a double album, but that doesn't mean it isn't on two discs due to space limitations. I highly doubt they will overburn.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

THATS THE CURVEBALL

double album is back on the menu
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Besides overburn, the only other options are shitty variations where it includes a download and a CD, but the CD is missing tracks.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:50 am
Metallica just released 2 discs for 77 minutes of music but who knows.

I also thought the cover was a snake with eyes for scales. That flat graphic probably doesn’t do the actual packaging justice.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

limeygringo wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:34 am Well it's gonna have batteries, so it's probably gonna have a spin wheel kinda thing. Looks like the art is literally where 10k days left off.
if the battery rumor turns out to be true, maybe there will be some LEDs underneath those eyes?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

lukas wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:22 am To be honest I am not impressed by the album art. A spiral with some eyes. Not very creative after 13 years. Plus the tool logo font looks like one of these Photoshop effects from the 90ies.
May be it's not an album cover, but a single cover?
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Alex grey said it’s a bit of both on insta
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

ziggy23 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:25 pm
May be it's not an album cover, but a single cover?
Grey said it was part of both. I have a feeling this is like the Lateralus cover, which never had a good standard marketing cover thumbnail, and that it just doesn't look right this way.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:00 pm Image
This is a perfect example of why I hate social media. I have been highly critical of Tool but I would never in a million years say something negative to a guy like Alex Grey about a logo being wack. I would never tweet anything negative at any member of Tool. I don't even have twitter so I wouldn't tweet anything anyway but you get my point. If I have something negative to say I do so here at this forum which is in no way officially associated with Tool. The only individual in the Tool camp who frequents this forum is Junior and I have joked with him from time to time but I would never put him on blast for something his bosses chose to do.

People are inherently fucking stupid and social media just amplifies that.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:26 pm
This is a perfect example of why I hate social media. I have been highly critical of Tool but I would never in a million years say something negative to a guy like Alex Grey about a logo being wack. I would never tweet anything negative at any member of Tool. I don't even have twitter so I wouldn't tweet anything anyway but you get my point. If I have something negative to say I do so here at this forum which is in no way officially associated with Tool. The only individual in the Tool camp who frequents this forum is Junior and I have joked with him from time to time but I would never put him on blast for something his bosses chose to do.

People are inherently fucking stupid and social media just amplifies that.
^This 1000%^

I get debate and discussion over opinions related to the album, songs, art, whatever.... but social media gives people a wall to hide behind to say shit DIRECTLY at the artists that they would never dare do in person. Social media also amplifies peoples opinions; to the point that people feel they need to have a stance one way or another. Im guilty of it.

Do i love my initial impressions of the new artwork? not really.
Would i EVER fucking say something to the artists, in person or on social media? FUCK NO.

This forum is a place for opinions. A direct message on twitter is not the place.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Just finished reading the Revolver issue.

I am even more pumped for this record now.

It's going to be so freakin' awesome!!!
Without_a_skin_here
Maynard Believer

Post by Without_a_skin_here »

M0G wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:00 pm
xZ1mM3r wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:08 pm
M0G wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:12 pm

I am completely correct. That leaves no room for multiple seques. Which means the album is 7 tracks with no seques. Only way to fit the songs on the album dipshit.

Descending 12mins
Invincible 12mins 13seconds
18 minute song

Those three - roughly 43 minutes, leaving 37 for another four songs. If each songs is over ten minutes as has been reported, we still have a problem dipshit.

Math dipshit

So there are either no seques OR...what had been reported, that all songs are over 10 minutes, is incorrect

Dipshit
... Well....

You were wrong.
7 SONGS. 9 TRACKS.

Dipshit.
No dipshit the rumored information from valid sources was wrong. Either each song is not over 10 minutes OR the album contains a second CD for the last 5 minutes if 85 minutes is correct, which mind you conflicts with the other article that says 80. 85 will not fit on one CD unless they are doing overburn but that can cause issues with older CD players. As usual, pay attention, dipshit

I never read so many times "dipshit" in a row. Either way, they could have done what Kate Bush did with Aerials. (I dont think that anyone here listen to Kate Bush but musically I am an omnivor). Two Cd's of 40 minutes. She did this for the concept of the album. I can imagine if you have a 18 minute song, it has to be placed in the tracklist that fits the theme and flow of the album. Maybe they had to cut the tracklist up and than 7 songs and 3 sequences make sense. It still constitute one album though.