Fear Inoculum

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Kittaan »

Without_a_skin_here wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 am I think that the title refers to the self-imposed fear that lies at the heart of Tribalism and how fear is used and misused for power and political gain.
That certainly resonates. Consider the last decade and how that’s escalated. Astronomically since 45 stole power in the US.

Nice first post. Welcome.

Now I’m going to go for a nice long walk in paradise. See ya.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

You guys are all wrong.

I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Boldizar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:04 am You guys are all wrong.

^this!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:04 am
Without_a_skin_here wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 am I think that the title refers to the self-imposed fear that lies at the heart of Tribalism and how fear is used and misused for power and political gain.
That certainly resonates. Consider the last decade and how that’s escalated. Astronomically since 45 stole power in the US.

I mentioned how politics has used fear mongering lately... M0G said I was wrong.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

As a viniculturist you also have to think MJK meant inoculum in the agricultural sense. Microbial inoculants are used to promote systemic acquired resistance to pathogens and fungi in many flowering plants. Introduce a little fear into the substratum to keep fear from overpowering a systemic organism (humans) in the long run.
“Casual Fan”
ditchrider1
Maynard Believer

Post by ditchrider1 »

tiresias wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:56 am As a viniculturist you also have to think MJK meant inoculum in the agricultural sense. Microbial inoculants are used to promote systemic acquired resistance to pathogens and fungi in many flowering plants. Introduce a little fear into the substratum to keep fear from overpowering a systemic organism (humans) in the long run.
The yields from the fields...
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

ditchrider1 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:13 am
tiresias wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:56 am As a viniculturist you also have to think MJK meant inoculum in the agricultural sense. Microbial inoculants are used to promote systemic acquired resistance to pathogens and fungi in many flowering plants. Introduce a little fear into the substratum to keep fear from overpowering a systemic organism (humans) in the long run.
The yields from the fields...
btw i think the puzzle is finished?

t-h-e-y-i-e–l-d-f-r-o-m-f-i-e-l-d-s-a-p-p-e-a-l-e-d-o-n-c-e-u-n-s-e-a-l-e-d-b-y-t-h-e-q-u-i-c-k-h-e-e-l-e-d
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:42 am

I mentioned how politics has used fear mongering lately... M0G said I was wrong.
I said nothing about your statement on politics..simply how your definition of Fear Inoculum was incorrect, which I have proven concretely to be grammatically flawed using....the dictionary...Tool fans :lol:

Don't be a pansy album with shitty title is going to be fantastic you don't have to jump to it's defense. It will probably be album of the year....while also having the worst album title of the year :lol: :lol:
The most intelligent person on this forum
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

As I said last night in the chat- try using some punctuation before you play grammar warrior, struggling to remain relevant.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I don't understand how you can make an opinion on the title without hearing the album, or having any other information to go on. Other then REEEEEEE, i have to have an opinion on everything. I have a couple of friends who are like that. Have an opinion on everything, for no reason, and 90% of the time it's negative. I feel like that has to be exhausting. I literally have no opinion on the album title, or anything i don't have some data points to base my opinion on. I always try to suppress my first reaction to things, because often they can mislead you.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:50 pm As I said last night in the chat- try using some punctuation before you play grammar warrior, struggling to remain relevant.
Punctuation? "As I said last night in the chat- what the fuck is - doing in there??? ..... :lol: :lol:

Hill Billy strikes again. Cold Blooded. 108/65. Strapped and ready to blow.

God I am glad you are in the discord now so I can shit on you nightly. It might even be the cure to my insomnia.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

MobileVortex wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:53 pm I don't understand how you can make an opinion on the title without hearing the album, or having any other information to go on. Other then REEEEEEE, i have to have an opinion on everything. I have a couple of friends who are like that. Have an opinion on everything, for no reason, and 90% of the time it's negative. I feel like that has to be exhausting. I literally have no opinion on the album title, or anything i don't have some data points to base my opinion on. I always try to suppress my first reaction to things, because often they can mislead you.
English. Grammar. Look up Inoculum. Go now. See how it is defined and used in a sentence. Done. No secondary meanings no room for speculation or interpretation it is defined one way and used one way. The dictionary is a wonderful TOOL :lol:
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

MEME,

Maybe lay off the meth if you're having trouble sleeping. It may also help with your run-on sentence problem. You're becoming a meme of yourself.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:04 pm MEME,

Maybe lay off the meth if you're having trouble sleeping. It may also help with your run-on sentence problem. You're becoming a meme of yourself.
Oh meme and even a dad joke reference last night. So edgy and hip. Can't forget feeling cute either. You amuse me Hill Billy see you in the chat tonight.

Cooooolddddd Bloodddeeed

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:02 pm
MobileVortex wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:53 pm I don't understand how you can make an opinion on the title without hearing the album, or having any other information to go on. Other then REEEEEEE, i have to have an opinion on everything. I have a couple of friends who are like that. Have an opinion on everything, for no reason, and 90% of the time it's negative. I feel like that has to be exhausting. I literally have no opinion on the album title, or anything i don't have some data points to base my opinion on. I always try to suppress my first reaction to things, because often they can mislead you.
English. Grammar. Look up Inoculum. Go now. See how it is defined and used in a sentence. Done. No secondary meanings no room for speculation or interpretation it is defined one way and used one way. The dictionary is a wonderful TOOL :lol:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_play
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 pm
Word play doesn't work in a situation where a thing is so narrowly defined, in particular a word used in one area, biology/immunology, and more specifically a word that has no secondary meanings or definitions. Inoculum is literally the substance used in an inoculation. In a sentence what precedes it defines it. Therefore as it stands Fear is the Inoculum, which would make the title read as follows:

Fear is the substance used in the inoculation.

If one were to read it as Fearing the substance used in the Inoculum that would be grammatically incorrect as again, Fear proceeds and therefore defines Inoculum.

Tool fucked up. Bad title. No room for speculation or interpretation.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Trump didn’t steal power. He was elected as an anti-politician or change agent. That’s the resonating point.
Last edited by Takeo on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Hey Mog,

I just looked Aenima and Lateralus up in the dictionary and couldn't find the words. Any idea where I should search? You have inspired me to educate myself.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Looking forward to hearing what the guys in the band have to say about the title. I imagine it's going to come up in an article or interview at some point.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Yeah, I'm really hoping the embargo is lifted soon so we can start seeing some reviews from the listening party that took place in Europe.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I dont see how this has anything to do with what i posted. was this response supposed to be to another post?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:47 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Word play doesn't work in a situation where a thing is so narrowly defined, in particular a word used in one area, biology/immunology.

Tool fucked up. Bad title. No room for speculation or interpretation.
Link below outlining the rules and restrictions on what can and can not be used for a play on words.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:53 pm Hey Mog,

I just looked Aenima and Lateralus up in the dictionary and couldn't find the words. Any idea where I should search? You have inspired me to educate myself.
I asked him this almost exact question... He came up with some long convoluted answer to remind me (again) that there is only ONE, 1, UNO, SINGLE way to interpret the album name. It can ONLY be the literal exact definition as defined by a dictionary. Cause you know, Tool have such a long history of NEVER making up words, using them in word play, mixing words and phrases together to create a new meaning. AEnima is literally a made up word. Its a blend of two words to create a new 'word' which was only seen/understood once MJK explained it.

But again. Thank the big man upstairs that M0G is here to set us straight on definitions. I'm sure the (likely) title track will not shed ANY additional light on the meaning.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

He's just having what he deems to be fun guys. No need to get frustrated or upset over it. He is just trolling ya know yeah?
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:23 pm
I asked him this almost exact question... He came up with some long convoluted answer to remind me (again) that there is only ONE, 1, UNO, SINGLE way to interpret the album name.
Of course he did.

And nobody's getting upset, as far as I can tell. We aren't allowed to troll him back? Hmmm, Mr. soon to be moderator?