Fear Inoculum

User avatar
Busty McCracken
Barnacle Bill
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Busty McCracken » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:59 am

tys0n wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:52 am
I love useful idiot and (ions)!

It's just that these segues seem lazy as FUCK!
Useful idiot and Ions are just essentially the same sound repeating? To each their own, but I don't see these new ones as any better or worse than those before them but I've been massive on their segues I guess.
Kittaan wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:11 am
Nice review Busty! I align with much of what you said, and share the low end love. What a fucking rhythm section, eh?! Cannot wait to hear this material live, and most importantly in person.

Btw, there were a couple of Too vs To errors in there (they’re?), but who gives a fuck mate?

How many full plays you reckon you got under your belt? In the hundreds for me. My fam is fully saturated with Tool now, and I’ve been bullied into headphones only unless I have the run of the house. :lol:
Ahh what's a too vs to error between friends ai. I do know the difference but just don't pay enough attention on here so to really go back and proofread what I write. Just blabber on with whatever comes to mind.

No way I've hit triple figures yet, that's a bloody top effort right there mate but yes she's been given a right bloody flogging on repeat since if leaked. Have to be close to the fifties I'd say. My misso is already sick of it I know that much haha
Listen to Cog

User avatar
tys0n
Queric
Posts: 2737
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by tys0n » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:05 am

Busty McCracken wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:59 am
tys0n wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:52 am
I love useful idiot and (ions)!

It's just that these segues seem lazy as FUCK!
Useful idiot and Ions are just essentially the same sound repeating? To each their own, but I don't see these new ones as any better or worse than those before them but I've been massive on their segues I guess.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Ions reverses the polarity man, MAGNETS

I can't see how you think it repeats on itself, crazy.

Can't believe you are saying that as a self confessed massive fan of segues.
Canned audience laughter

User avatar
Busty McCracken
Barnacle Bill
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Busty McCracken » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:08 am

So it does! Just went to spotify to listen. I Haven't listened to that in a good 10 years I reckon . Probably longer , since I started using my first iPod back in about 2007 I removed some of the segues so just never listen to it.
Listen to Cog

User avatar
tys0n
Queric
Posts: 2737
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by tys0n » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 am

I never skip anything on Aenima, anything!

Oh my gosh Busty, how could you!
Canned audience laughter

User avatar
Busty McCracken
Barnacle Bill
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Busty McCracken » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:14 am

Suck it up Mary, go change ya tampon
Listen to Cog

User avatar
tys0n
Queric
Posts: 2737
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by tys0n » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 am

I choose to free bleed thank you very much, female sanitary products are the work of male capitalist pigs who want us to continue to eat at their artificially created market place trough.

Plus I have a wide vagina so tampons don't work.
Canned audience laughter

bob
Young Liberal
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by bob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:50 am

tys0n wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 am
I choose to free bleed thank you very much, female sanitary products are the work of male capitalist pigs who want us to continue to eat at their artificially created market place trough.

Plus I have a wide vagina so tampons don't work.
so you gotta strap a board to your ass so you dont fall in Tyson ? :lol:

User avatar
Boldizar
Green Herbsman
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Boldizar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:46 am

tys0n wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 am
I choose to free bleed thank you very much, female sanitary products are the work of male capitalist pigs who want us to continue to eat at their artificially created market place trough.

Plus I have a wide vagina so tampons don't work.
The best part about this joke is that I am sure there are advocates for something actually called free bleeding that talk about it exactly like this.
Dan Brown's Fear Inoculum: Best novel ever written, inspiring, worth the wait, not enough yelling, every page reads like the DaVinci Code... 3/10

User avatar
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:58 pm
Height: 7.5inches
Contact:

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by snazzlefrass » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 am

tys0n wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 am
Sounds great in 24bit!

Image
Nobody's gonna give Tyson praise for his preferences in visual erotic stimulation? Bullshit.
I like legos!!

User avatar
Kittaan
Creeper
Posts: 4722
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Kittaan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:27 am

snazzlefrass wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 am
tys0n wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 am
Sounds great in 24bit!

Image
Nobody's gonna give Tyson praise for his preferences in visual erotic stimulation? Bullshit.
This is classic Tyson. I can remember at least 2 more of these from him.

@ Busty - it used too drive me crazy, but know I hardly notice it.
Ki77aan :twisted:

User avatar
ms2r
Shankdagger
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by ms2r » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:50 am

I asked if the torrent or album was 24 bit. He didn't answer.

User avatar
Busty McCracken
Barnacle Bill
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Busty McCracken » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:22 pm

tys0n wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 am
I choose to free bleed thank you very much, female sanitary products are the work of male capitalist pigs who want us to continue to eat at their artificially created market place trough.

Plus I have a wide vagina so tampons don't work.
:lol:
Listen to Cog

User avatar
basejumper
Djangerous
Posts: 1516
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 am
Location: State of Confusion

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by basejumper » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Busty McCracken wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:08 am
... back in about 2007 I removed some of the segues so just never listen to it.
WTF Busty!

Editing the album down because you don't like parts of it? You might be just as bad as that other dude editing songs! :o
Professor of Lesbian Science

User avatar
Busty McCracken
Barnacle Bill
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Busty McCracken » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Ha! What can I say , some of the noise segues do nothing for me. I needed space on my laptop back in the day so deleted as much as I could from it so they got removed too. Never burned them back on to my hard drive again.
Listen to Cog

7oolband
My pain is just an excuse
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by 7oolband » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:50 pm

7ooL top 5 noise segs for me:

eon blue
ions (1st time i heard aenima full playthriugh i didnt know wtf was happening[!])
litanie (also frickd me out, after invisible)
crawl away flutes
mantra
legion inoculum
:?: i was right, this changes everything|devil&his had me down|this tedious path i've chosen here|what's coming through is alive|slipping back into the gap again|rRrreal fuckin high on drugs|spark becomes a flame|mention anything to me :!:

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11202
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by hellboy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:56 am

I count 6. Also, Faaip de Ooiad is the best segue

User avatar
tys0n
Queric
Posts: 2737
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by tys0n » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:49 am

Easily agreed.
Canned audience laughter

bob
Young Liberal
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by bob » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:57 am

the segues are better on lateralus then aenima. i like the new ones. not enough to say any are my favourites really..mockingbird i like more then the reviews made it sound. its fun. Legion Inoculant sounds like aliens entering my house from some other dimension. kinda freaky. ha

User avatar
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:58 pm
Height: 7.5inches
Contact:

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by snazzlefrass » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:00 am

CCTrip y’all
I like legos!!

St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:09 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by St. Troy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:34 pm

hellboy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:56 am
...Faaip de Ooiad is the best segue
It's disturbing, unsettling - and real.
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.

User avatar
Boldizar
Green Herbsman
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Boldizar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 am

Any chance the band will address the peaking distortion on this release of the album? It is not deal breaking, but it sucks to hear defects in the production. I would hope it can be corrected and reissued, but maybe the masters are like this as well.
Dan Brown's Fear Inoculum: Best novel ever written, inspiring, worth the wait, not enough yelling, every page reads like the DaVinci Code... 3/10

User avatar
ms2r
Shankdagger
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by ms2r » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:50 am

Which song?

The only white noise I hear is on Pneuma in the beginning. And I have a feeling it is intentional.

User avatar
nxrm
Tree Mugger
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by nxrm » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:04 am

Boldizar wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 am
Any chance the band will address the peaking distortion on this release of the album? It is not deal breaking, but it sucks to hear defects in the production. I would hope it can be corrected and reissued, but maybe the masters are like this as well.
Please don't take this personally, but I started going down this rabbit hole with all the talk around the "clipping" on 10,000 Days, and reading similar complaints with Fear Inoculum make me wonder if folks are just cranking these tunes too loud on subpar equipment.

I've watched a number of videos and read a few articles regarding audio mastering in regards to clipping (so that makes me an expert now :lol: ), but to suggest that Tool made a huge mistake in production is a bit questionable.

In other cases, I think there's an expectation that the individual parts of the album (drums, bass, etc.) should sound one way and when the experience of listening doesn't align with that expectation one starts looking for reasons.

Again, please don't feel like I'm coming after you Boldizar. This has been in the back of my mind, and your post just caught me with some free time on my hands to type this out. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
Boldizar
Green Herbsman
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Boldizar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 am

nxrm wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:04 am
Boldizar wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 am
Any chance the band will address the peaking distortion on this release of the album? It is not deal breaking, but it sucks to hear defects in the production. I would hope it can be corrected and reissued, but maybe the masters are like this as well.
Please don't take this personally, but I started going down this rabbit hole with all the talk around the "clipping" on 10,000 Days, and reading similar complaints with Fear Inoculum make me wonder if folks are just cranking these tunes too loud on subpar equipment.

I've watched a number of videos and read a few articles regarding audio mastering in regards to clipping (so that makes me an expert now :lol: ), but to suggest that Tool made a huge mistake in production is a bit questionable.

In other cases, I think there's an expectation that the individual parts of the album (drums, bass, etc.) should sound one way and when the experience of listening doesn't align with that expectation one starts looking for reasons.

Again, please don't feel like I'm coming after you Boldizar. This has been in the back of my mind, and your post just caught me with some free time on my hands to type this out. :D
No worries. There is definitely distortion in Pneuma (Bass verse, heavy end section of bridge a bit I think), Tempest (Last Maynard part), and Invincible (Bass solo). People definitely aren't making it up. 10,000 Days did not have these issues. But this has nothing to do with how I expect it to sound. This is a general audio quality issue. Sometimes it is harder to notice to others. The most noticeable is probably the Invincible bass solo although at times you probably think its the bass effect. Overall it almost sounds like there are these large, slow moving waves in the mix and over the course of songs the treble gets higher and higher in parts (and I mean ever so slightly, like the sound is slowly sandwiched into a higher range), which is where the distortion occurs.

I'd add that I can hear this across multiple releases and speakers as well. CD, 24bit, MP3, WAV (from TB order).
Dan Brown's Fear Inoculum: Best novel ever written, inspiring, worth the wait, not enough yelling, every page reads like the DaVinci Code... 3/10

User avatar
Kittaan
Creeper
Posts: 4722
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Kittaan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:54 am

@ Norm and Boldone - both of your last posts above are based on well stated positions, reasoned, supported and very importantly respectful and considerate of the other’s experience. Despite being on different sides of your discussion.

Thanks.
Ki77aan :twisted:

Post Reply