Culling Voices

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Re: Culling Voices

Post by fortysixand2 »

This song is a dud for me. It doesn't even get slightly interesting until the 6:30 mark. A waste of 10 minutes disc space. I'd rather listen to the three digital-only segues.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Geesh... sucks to be you guys then I guess. Sounds like a tool song to me. Slow build up to a heavy climax. Still works for me.
Listen to All Them Witches
tompie
My pain is just an excuse

Post by tompie »

I seem to recall Justin alluding to the fact that this one was pretty half-baked going into the studio and it was one of those things Maynard pushed for as a sort of "bang something out in a week" experiment. I generally come down on his side when it comes to thinking that X amount of years to write X amount of songs is a bit ridiculous but I will say...if this is the result of them taking a less drawn out approach...they should probably stick to their guns
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

ya crazy noodles.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tompie wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:12 pm I seem to recall Justin alluding to the fact that this one was pretty half-baked going into the studio and it was one of those things Maynard pushed for as a sort of "bang something out in a week" experiment. I generally come down on his side when it comes to thinking that X amount of years to write X amount of songs is a bit ridiculous but I will say...if this is the result of them taking a less drawn out approach...they should probably stick to their guns
Where'd you read or see this being quoted?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Wychowski wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 am their 'lesser' tracks are damn noticeable.
I remember thinking a bit the same of Right in 2.
I'll kill you!
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 pm
Wychowski wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 am their 'lesser' tracks are damn noticeable.
I'll kill you!
I'm pretty sure you know the rules Tyson. Only mods are to issue death threats. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tompie

Post by tompie »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 pm
tompie wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:12 pm I seem to recall Justin alluding to the fact that this one was pretty half-baked going into the studio and it was one of those things Maynard pushed for as a sort of "bang something out in a week" experiment. I generally come down on his side when it comes to thinking that X amount of years to write X amount of songs is a bit ridiculous but I will say...if this is the result of them taking a less drawn out approach...they should probably stick to their guns
It was Adam not Justin and I editorialized a bit (a lot) w my assumption that it was May May but part of my point still stands. This is from the Visions interview
Attachments
Annotation 2019-12-09 215407.png
Annotation 2019-12-09 215407.png (60.59 KiB) Viewed 13289 times
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tompie wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 pm
It was Adam not Justin and I editorialized a bit (a lot) w my assumption that it was May May but part of my point still stands. This is from the Visions interview
Yeah I thought there may have been a bit of creative paraphrasing going on there.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

A bit...?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

ms2r wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:52 amA bit...?
:lol: :lol: nailed it
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Adam - This song took so fucking long to come into fruition and once we were done after years of work it was amazing

Tompie - Pretty sure I heard the band farted it out in the studio
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

"Banged it out in a week" I do believe is the quote if I'm not mistaken.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Song reminds me a lot of a re imagined Ticks and Leeches tbh and not in a bad way.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

It's almost a rip off of T&L to be fair.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's more or less T&L but without all the good parts
tompie

Post by tompie »

shit y'all gimme a break...

What I was trying to suggest was that this track may have been unfinished to a degree that the others weren't. "At the beginning of the recording sessions...the song wasn't what I had in mind for it..." sounds a lot like there was lots of room still to mess around with this one and that Adam wasn't entirely sure he was into the direction.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

You read it wrong. They had written Culling Voices before. However when they started recording it didn't sound like Adam thought it would. But at then end he was blown away. Because of the recording process and making the song better then it even was.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tompie wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 am shit y'all gimme a break...

What I was trying to suggest was that this track may have been unfinished to a degree that the others weren't. "At the beginning of the recording sessions...the song wasn't what I had in mind for it..." sounds a lot like there was lots of room still to mess around with this one and that Adam wasn't entirely sure he was into the direction.
Conversations that we've never had...
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tompie

Post by tompie »

touché
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

tys0n wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 pm
I'll kill you!
haha. I didn't mean to inspire my own murder...
For the record, Ri2 is a great track! I just don't consider it one of their strongest. CV is... ok.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

The only thing really missing from culling for me is i wish ol May Jay let loose when the distortion kicks in. He doesn't say the word "me" at all instead letting the music have the impact. A good ol fashioned long winded Maynard scream of the word me would go down pretty damn well there and at least to me suit the theme of where the songs headed from that point.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Since when did we start abbreviating Ticks and Leeches?

You lazy fucking kids!
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

If I was a betting man I'd wager you're typing on a computer?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I really need curtains.
Canned audience laughter