Post by gamebounty »

I hope they release it on July 1st. That's my birthday :D
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:12 pm
M0G wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:25 pm Absolutely pathetic. I told all of you months ago that this would not be out until June or July. Tool started recording in April and it has been almost 10 months and they are still in mixing and that is pathetic and reeks of laziness. No band takes that long to record when all the songs are already written. The social media tag your it bullshit and lack of updates has been absurd to the point of being childish at times.

June or July. Nope that is the last straw. Principle wins out. I will never listen to this album or purchase it. I will never support Tool again under any circumstance. My time and my money will go to bands that I respect. Bands that communicate and treat their fans fairly. Bands that conduct themselves in a professional manner.
You're not fooling anyone M0g. I look forward to hearing your opinion on the album in a few months time.
I thought he really meant it this time
Listen to All Them Witches
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I hope this doesn't destroy us.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

I personally don’t care about anything involving Tool except for the music.
I really just hope they made some good tunes again.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Chicago open air is a joke of a festival far away from town. They didn’t sell enough tickets because of this and dropped ticket prices after people(myself included) paid full price. I have no interest in seeing Prodigy, but will probably catch some because they open for TOOL. If they don’t play new music I will feel cheated.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Possibly why Tool has been refraining from any sort of official updates/announcements.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:31 pm Possibly why Tool has been refraining from any sort of official updates/announcements.
To keep ticket prices down? Surprisingly thoughtful of them!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

And I gotta say, the current lineup for Chicago Open Air isn't bad - The Prodigy are a decent live act, and Gojira are probably the best metal act going round at the moment. Black Dahlia Murder and Alien Weaponry are both solid as well
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

The biggest problem with open air is they dropped the number of acts, raised prices, and then cut prices fucking everything up. Love to see meshuggah but they are not the same day as Tool. Read comments on Chicago open air under any social media, more heated than a tool fan site.

That said, I just want new music bad, don’t shelf it when it’s ready. Let’s hear it already!
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Given Maynard’s best guess at an album release as of now. When’s a good guess for a single release?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:50 pm
UndKeineZwEier wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:31 pm Possibly why Tool has been refraining from any sort of official updates/announcements.
To keep ticket prices down? Surprisingly thoughtful of them!
I think I may have misread that post. I'm tired.
Don't mow your lawn
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

To be fair I think that HellBoy called out TOOL the other day on the 4th Eye front page and MJK responded...

Last night TA on Reddit posted a link to an old 1996 show, even though I have probably watched it a couple of years ago, I locked in, and I loved it. All of their old music is so visceral, that is why we are all still here yearning for what comes next.

Also on the front page I saw a lot of comments hating on BMB. Personally , I used to love Blair's more verbose stories. Even though I would get shitty about the lack of news, I would always love the crazy stories....
Be good to each other.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Honestly don’t really care when it comes out, stoked they are all still alive and are making new music. BUT it is kind of crazy that they can’t finish an album before the May dates, it’s not like they have day jobs to keep them from working on it. They are all well off and it’s funny/sad it’s taken this long since we got updates from people who said they had heard the record months ago(Maynard even saying he tracked his vocals months ago). Maybe this post should be in the grudge, but I really ain’t mad, just confused how it takes so long for men with out day jobs to complete a record.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Baahumbug wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:05 pm I personally don’t care about anything involving Tool except for the music.
I really just hope they made some good tunes again.
Couldn’t agree more man. It’s always been about the music, nothing else. We’ve waited this long what’s a couple more months?

I wouldn’t rule out new songs at these gigs in May, when I saw them in Coachella in 06 they played The Pot and the album hadn’t dropped at that point.

Good times ahead!!
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:05 am Given Maynard’s best guess at an album release as of now. When’s a good guess for a single release?
It varies pretty wildly between bands, and even within the same bands different album cycles. Like with APC's newest which was pretty extreme, The Doomed was released in mid-October 2017 then the album the following April.

But I think with this one perhaps about a month before the album. So I wouldn't rule out the lead single being played on the tour.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I was bored and poking about on Maynard's twitter account and noticed he liked the following tweet:

trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I think I'm pretty much prepared. Let's hear some already
also, Avatar!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm pretty sure all the people worrying about new music at the May dates will, at a minimum, hear the first single. If they are already mixing, the single should be complete for an April release. They are pretty much right on track with May release, just as both Lateralus and 10,000 Days were. I'm sure updates will really start happening in March. We're still weeks out from any real movement. Maynard is probably giving some leeway in case something unexpected happens with a May release. That's my assumption anyway.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I don't neccessarily disagree but I think a certain amount of pessimism is necessary for this band.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't really give a shit about a couple of months personally. Make a plan and stick to it though.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

New TooL!

I hope it comes out early May. I'm going on a trip mid May and would love to have new Tool music to accompany me in the remote secluded Arctic. Perfect place to really appreciate so many things.

Professor of Lesbian Science
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

--

Speaking of...

how does everyone plan on listening to the new album for the first time?

I will most likely listen at a higher than normal level on my home stereo in order to feel as well as listen to the music. Relaxed in a giant comfy chair properly positioned in the optimal audio sweet spot, eyes closed so there are no visual distractions in hopes to fully engage in the auditory landscape that unfolds between my ears and takes my mind to meet some old friends and start another extraordinary journey into a new TooL experience.
Can't wait!
Professor of Lesbian Science
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'll probably listen to the first minute or so of a couple of tracks on YouTube through my phone speakers.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'll listen to it as soon as it's available, which means chances are my first listen will be on the bus on the way to work.

It'd be nice to hear it on vinyl on a decent stereo for the first time, but I don't have the patience to wait, and I don't think circumstance will allow for it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

How is everyone going to feel about it being an Apple Music exclusive?
Canned audience laughter