Alice In Chains

Music in all its forms and styles
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Re: Alice In Chains

Post by Pimple »

hellboy wrote: I wish they'd do a proper Oz tour rather than just festivals.
Agreed, I would love to see them in a proper venue....
Be good to each other.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not bad

Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

hellboy wrote:Not bad

Enjoyable!
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I really like this one:

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

New album is out today, and I had a listen on the bus to work this morning. My quick review is that I think it's better than Devil Put Dinosaurs Here but still not great by any means. Like many AIC albums (excluding Dirt) it's got a bunch of pretty good songs, and then a bunch of filler. I'll give it another couple of listens over the coming days.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

I think Rainier Fog is a damn good album. Never Fade is the only song I'm not that fond of. And So Far Under, but it's got a killer chorus.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

They just announced a tour with Korn. How embarrassing :|
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Holy shit. What a drag. I’ll pass.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, right.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Just looking on Facebook, and it's quite funny to read how many Korn fans are amazed that AIC fans aren't too keen on the idea.

The other support acts are a little nu-metal-ish as well (Underoath and ho33o3), and AIC really seem like an odd one out on this bill.

I hope it's a good paycheck for them.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I gave the new AIC a fair listen and it isn’t bad at all I was a bit surprised. To be honest I kind of wrote AIC off when Layne passed and haven’t paid much attention to them since. On a whim I gave Rainier Fog a listen and there are some solid tracks. They should tour with Deftones I think that would make a good show plus Jerry worked with them on a track on the last Deftones album. I think Deftones are working on a new album so it is of course highly unlikely to happen anytime in the near future but it is a show I would be interested in seeing if it ever did happen.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

AIC and Korn are pretty much on the same musical level intellectually, I don't see a problem.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:18 am AIC and Korn are pretty much on the same musical level intellectually, I don't see a problem.
How intellectual it is had nothing to do with it. No one is making the argument one is smarter than the other here.

One is a well regarded grunge bad from the 90s. The other comes from a divisive genre looked down upon by many.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The fact they are 'grunge' is arguable and has been argued countless times, but the fact remains there are more people who are fans of both bands than those who only like one or the other, the ones complaining are just elitist snobs imo.

Where is the uproar when Clutch goes on tour and opens for a heap of shit bands (including Korn)?
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Not that I was ever a big Korn fan, I didnt mind their first few albums back in the day. If I was seeing AIC live and Korn was the support band I'd be pretty happy about it. They've got enough songs in their catalogue to keep me entertained for a support act . Cant really see an issue with it myself.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:22 am The fact they are 'grunge' is arguable and has been argued countless times, but the fact remains there are more people who are fans of both bands than those who only like one or the other, the ones complaining are just elitist snobs imo.

Where is the uproar when Clutch goes on tour and opens for a heap of shit bands (including Korn)?
Sorry mate, I didn't think I'd trigger you so hard. I can't remember when Clutch toured with Korn,but I would have been equally outraged.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You didn't 'trigger' me at all, I was simply making an explanation to the the 'triggered' outrage of AIC touring with Korn, which you started in your post saying how embarrassing it seemed to you and including a emoji like you were Julie from accounts recanting a scene from her daily childcare pickup.

As to Clutch touring with certain bands, as a fan of alternative music it's kind of embarrassing you didn't know that. Clutch have opened for some terrible bands in the past.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Wow, so triggered

I'm not a huge Clutch fan, though I don't mind them. If not committing every bands touring schedule to memory makes me a terrible fan, then so be it. Feel free to let me know what tour this was that Clutch supported Korn (or vice versa).
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Clutch will play with anybody that asks; they don't seem very discriminating. They're also a much smaller act and have so less luxury to be as discriminating.

All the big '90s acts are dead and dying and it's not like there's much out there replacing them. AiC would make more money touring with Korn then with most of their other options.
Don't mow your lawn
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tyson you are high as a kite if you think AIC is at the same level as Korn. AIC is an iconic band that have been hugely influential in the rock genre and long ago moved beyond the realm of “grunge”. Korn is a one trick pony still surviving off “nu-metal” fans that haven’t moved on from that garbage highly forgettable genre. They are delegated to the realm of guilty pleasure AT BEST. Nostalgia factor for some I imagine.

I get why they are touring together. Gotta make that money. I also get why AIC fans, by and large, are not the slightest bit interested in seeing Korn tour with AIC.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Both bands are listened to by trailer park meth heads and Korn have been just as influential as AIC if not more so, all AIC is, is grunged up blues chords.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I definitely see some similarities between AIC & Limp Bizkit that's for sure
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Do I have to repost the scary guitar sounds video?
Don't mow your lawn
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Please dont. I haven't slept right in weeks since that video mate
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

@Busty @Tyson - Wut? Limp Bisquick? Korn more influential? Something in the water down under mates