Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
_peterpwn
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by _peterpwn »

hellboy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:31 am August release date confirmed...
?
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

scroll up
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

First show of the tour is only 24 days away now :shock: I wonder if they manage to squeeze in something in-between that, or if they'll do like Coachella 2006 and play new music at the festival. Nonetheless, it feels good that it's not that far away until the first show that hopefully brings us some answers.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

“Casual Fan”
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Ettan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:41 am First show of the tour is only 24 days away now :shock: I wonder if they manage to squeeze in something in-between that, or if they'll do like Coachella 2006 and play new music at the festival. Nonetheless, it feels good that it's not that far away until the first show that hopefully brings us some answers.
What did they play at Coachella? Was this show before 10k leaked or after?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Hm, now that come to think about it, I think Maynard even made comments about leaks during that show. Not 100% sure
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I was there at Coachella and they played Jambi, The Pot, and Vicarious. The album had leaked a week or two before the show because my friends and I were listening to it most of the ride down from Utah to California. Maynard even joked about us knowing the words to Jambi and The Pot before the album even came out, and was serious in saying we better buy the fucking album or he will punch us in the head with a gold nugget of a ring, or something like that.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

They have to just be pressing vynl right now right? Maybe working on some interviews, promos, marketing? Little time with family before a tour. What else could be going on? Really need a release date and single at this point.
LeoMonzo
Bronco's Fan

Post by LeoMonzo »

I think they will play 2 or 3 new songs on this coming tour, They might be anxious to see how these new songs sound live and maybe do some technical changes. It’s a good test scenario, not only for the band but for the whole tool live crew (lights, console, techs, visuals etc).
And yeah I would expect news soon (release date, single) since it would be a nice marketing punch combining the release date or single during this tour. Hype.

... everyday we are closer to get the album. :)
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

27 days until I get to see them....Hope the new album comes out before then, but if not, that's fine...as long as they play some new songs!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I just want to know the opener for the tour... lol. Honestly i think the later i get any info the better. I dont want any spoilers before the show i go to and the longer i have to stay off the internet the harder it will be since being on social media is part of my job. I think im going to create new accounts for a few things so i can still login but hopefully not see any news.
NowhereFaded
Bronco's Fan

Post by NowhereFaded »

For me personally, I am going on a media black out once the album is announced. No fourth eye, no reddit, nothing. I shall hear the album in its entirety accompanied by the album art. It’s been a long wait and I want to hear it as intended by the band.
I don’t want to read anybody’s shitty opinion of it. I believe this is their last album. The wait is almost over, hopefully. On this upcoming tour of the album isn’t out I don’t expect they will play new material. The band doesn’t want shit quality show recordings of new material viral before the album drops. Imo, of coarse.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

From reddit
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Loulz
Ki77aan :twisted:
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

I really hope they play intolerance on this go around. I would trade any new song to hear them do an extended intolerance as an opener.
“Casual Fan”
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

NowhereFaded wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:51 pm For me personally, I am going on a media black out once the album is announced. No fourth eye, no reddit, nothing. I shall hear the album in its entirety accompanied by the album art. It’s been a long wait and I want to hear it as intended by the band.
I don’t want to read anybody’s shitty opinion of it. I believe this is their last album. The wait is almost over, hopefully. On this upcoming tour of the album isn’t out I don’t expect they will play new material. The band doesn’t want shit quality show recordings of new material viral before the album drops. Imo, of coarse.
MJK didnt seem to mind playing new APC songs before Eat The Elephant was released...
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

MobileVortex wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 am being on social media is part of my job.
Condolences
Canned audience laughter
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Kittaan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:32 pmLoulz
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Here's the video of what Maynard said at Coachella regarding the 10,000 Days leak:

"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The big difference between Coachella back then and now, is that the album had well and truly leaked by that point. I'm not so sure the album will be available in any form, except perhaps the single by the time they kick off touring.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I agree with that. I still think they are going to debut at least 3 songs on the tour prior to the album release, similar to the 2006 shows.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:25 pm I agree with that. I still think they are going to debut at least 3 songs on the tour prior to the album release, similar to the 2006 shows.
I'm with you, I'm confident they will play new material. Definitely at their own shows where they are able to enforce phone security a little more tightly. The festival gigs may just end up with one or two tracks.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

tys0n wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:59 am Maynard did say he's been listening to the Counting Crow's album August and Everything After and taking inspiration from that, so we'll see if it influences the new album.
Maynard singing along with Adam

Mr. Jones and me
Starin' at the video
When I look at the television, I wanna see me
We all wanna be big stars
But we don't know why, and we don't know how
But when everybody loves me
I wanna be just about as happy as I can be
Mr. Jones and me
We're gonna be big stars

Doesn't Adam have a grey guitar too? And he basically knows Picasso or the modern equivalent to him anyway...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I wasn't much of an interweb user back in those days so had no idea the album leaked til just now. Was good being able to listen to it with the artwork on first listen but no way in hell I'm not giving it a listen as soon as that sucker leaks then whinging like crazy on here about how much it sucks.

I will do my best if I can to avoid listening to a shitty bootleg of a recording for the first time if they play new tunes next month
Listen to All Them Witches
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:27 am I wasn't much of an interweb user back in those days so had no idea the album leaked til just now. Was good being able to listen to it with the artwork on first listen but no way in hell I'm not giving it a listen as soon as that sucker leaks then whinging like crazy on here about how much it sucks.

I will do my best if I can to avoid listening to a shitty bootleg of a recording for the first time if they play new tunes next month
I thought about this last night. Imagine waiting all that time for a new album, listening to a leaked copy and thinking it was fake only to find out it was the real thing.. 😂😂 Way to ruin the experience for yourself.