Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Post by Busty McCracken »

Inside job eh? Seems plausible.
Listen to All Them Witches
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I was one that did not like TLJ (in fact I thought it sucked as much as a movie that big possibly could). I boycotted SOLO at the cinema (because I fucking hated the Disney take on Star Wars) but actually really enjoyed the film when I watched it on Blu-Ray. I fkn loved the new trailer but I am a bigger Star Wars nerd than I am a TOOL nerd. To me the last 13 years wait for new TOOL has been nothing like the disappointment the I have felt for the new Star Wars franchise. I watched the Star Wars Celebration and was sucked in hard. I want nothing more than JJ Abrams to fix all of the problems and make this right. He said all of the right things on the panel and the trailer looks cool. I think that this will be a better film, but I am still nervous about all of the SW stuff...
Be good to each other.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm optimistic JJ will do a better job than Rian did. I'm not a TJL hater though - it features a great many things that detract from what should be a cool movie, but the various set pieces impress me enough that I find it hard to truly dislike.

As for Solo - I said before I found it to be an ok movie. I've watched it again at home since then, and my opinion hasn't changed much, though I found it much less interesting the second time around.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I enjoyed Solo as a decent addition to the new franchise. It was just a little let down by a big finish like Rogue one , other than that I enjoyed it. Didn't hate TLJ but sure as shit didn't love it either. Am hopeful JJ steers the ship back onto a strong finish
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Image = Image
Professor of Lesbian Science
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 am but the various set pieces impress me enough that I find it hard to truly dislike.
I saw someone on Facebook say that the new movies don't have any good action sequences, but I think the throne room fight in The Last Jedi might be the best fight sequence in the entire franchise.
Don't mow your lawn
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i didnt hate TLJ like a lot of people did either. the thing with the Sequal Trilogy is it isnt very cohesive :S RJ basically ditched a lot of things Abrams did in TFA. now is Abrams going to go back and sorta continue on from TFA or what ? i dont really think so but you know what i mean. its just a disjointed kind of thing and i dont think that will be saved at this point.

im curious to see were its going to go though cause there isnt much theiry're :shock: Right from TFA i had the feeling Kylo Ren was going to sacrifice himself to fix his wrongs. i do like how they made his character unstable and unsure of himself. Adam Driver does a pretty god job at playing that character. anyway
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:17 pm
hellboy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 am but the various set pieces impress me enough that I find it hard to truly dislike.
I saw someone on Facebook say that the new movies don't have any good action sequences, but I think the throne room fight in The Last Jedi might be the best fight sequence in the entire franchise.
Really?

Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

bob wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:58 pm i didnt hate TLJ like a lot of people did either. the thing with the Sequal Trilogy is it isnt very cohesive :S RJ basically ditched a lot of things Abrams did in TFA. now is Abrams going to go back and sorta continue on from TFA or what ? i dont really think so but you know what i mean. its just a disjointed kind of thing and i dont think that will be saved at this point.
Yeah, it was a mistake letting RJ do the last one, it should have just been JJ for all three, or Rian for all three.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

tys0n wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:03 pm
UndKeineZwEier wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:17 pm
Really?

I didn't say it was perfect, I said it was the best. What's a better one? Obi-Wan's twirl in A New Hope? The CGI characters bouncing around in the prequels?
Don't mow your lawn
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

the Anakin and Obi Wan dual in ROTS is crazy good! no cgi other then in small bits really. thats on a lot this weekend too so i just watched that yesterday. Rogue One is on now i think.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Honestly I mostly like that throne room scene because it's the only Jedi fight scene in the movie that is not either a 2 or 3 way duel with another lightsaber dude or them mowing down a bunch of random assholes with guns.

It was a scene I haven't seen before, more of that please.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:27 pm Honestly I mostly like that throne room scene because it's the only Jedi fight scene in the movie that is not either a 2 or 3 way duel with another lightsaber dude or them mowing down a bunch of random assholes with guns.

It was a scene I haven't seen before, more of that please.
Agree 100%
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Call me an old romantic but my favourite jedi fight would have to still be empire .
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:33 pm Call me an old romantic but my favourite jedi fight would have to still be empire .
when luke gets his a#! kicked ?

one of my favourite scenes by far is in Jedi. When Luke starts to loose it on Vader. the music and everything about that scene is pretty huge.

Empire is prob still my fav SW movie and ROTJ following that with ANH shortly behind.

Had i been born early enough im sure the first one would be my favourite. i was born in 76 so i was only 1 when STAR WARS first came out. i can just imagine what the impact was like to initially be around for the vibe of that when it was just taking off/changing everything. even later on i felt that vibe but the initial take off of that must of been pretty amazing.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nothing beats Pod Racing though
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:33 pm Nothing beats Pod Racing though
:mrgreen: i dont hate the prequels either! i really dont though. the OT is and will always be the best.

its 20 years ago TPM came out. i remember seeing it 5 times in the theatre with diff people. i can truely say i didnt really get what the movie was about till many viewings later. haha. i do recall being into the pod racing scenes in theatres. now i kinda skip past it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeh Jedis great too, I guess I just dig empire for it being the first proper saber battle and Darth is bad arse in it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Apparently Luke gets reincarnated into a space slug

Canned audience laughter
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Hold up, just remembered the scene in RotS with the younglings. Have to change my answer now.
Don't mow your lawn
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:17 am Yeh Jedis great too, I guess I just dig empire for it being the first proper saber battle and Darth is bad arse in it.
showcase had a SW marathon on all easter weekend long. i hear ya about ESB and the luke/vader fight. Vader does kick ass in it,is pretty ruthless and just wants to do him in. i feel that even now after seeing it a thousand times! lol. i still remember my dads reaction when he said ''i am your father'' in the theatre when we saw it when i was 5 or whatever. i didnt even know why he was reacting that way but looking back now im pretty sure that was the scene 8-)
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bob have you ever watched the Plinkett reviews of the Star Wars films?

Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

never heard of the plinkett. sounds funny for some reason! ill check it out ! thanks!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

that wasnt so bad! kinda funny, dude has kind of an annoying voice baha, but he had some good points. characters werent that strong in TPM. i think Qui Gon had one though, he was the go against the grain Jedi dude when everyone else wanted Anakin on the outs right away. a few other times he showed that kind of vibe too. thinking for himself etc etc. but anyway it was alright and funny! ill check out the other parts. thanks Tyson!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Thought I'd give the last Jedi another go last night. Spoiler alert. It still sucks