Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

It makes me sad to be honest. I'm happy to pay a few more bucks to see that staff get compensated properly.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:40 pm i heard they dont pay there road crew anymore then they have to.
Is this just a rumor or is it a known known in the industry? No wonder they fell out with Rollins.

Canned audience laughter
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:24 pm There's a bunch of good records stores in Melbourne, just like there are in Adelaide. You just need to look a little harder. The big Virgin/HMV/Sanity chains have all gone bust, but there's no real shortage if indie places.

Alternatively, there are plenty of online stores too. I've ordered from these guys before: https://www.nervegas.com.au/

FWIW, I ordered 10,000 Days from an online store (JB Hifi I think) back in the day because I lived in a rural area where there were no actual record stores. This time around I'll pick up up from one of the local shops.
What format are you expecting it to be released in?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:46 pm It makes me sad to be honest. I'm happy to pay a few more bucks to see that staff get compensated properly.
we already are! esp since the last tour :S 150 bucks for a ticket any seat lower bowl and not much less in the shittier seats. tix in the US are getting up there too. that happens with bands the longer they are around though so its kind of normal. Depeche Mode was 90 for good seats in 2005, last tour here i heard tix were 180 bucks or so. dooh!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:52 pm
bob wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:40 pm i heard they dont pay there road crew anymore then they have to.
Is this just a rumor or is it a known known in the industry? No wonder they fell out with Rollins.

well i cant say for sure but the source i heard it from im pretty sure has some connections of some kind. i cant necassarily prove that but i think thats true. i dont say shit like this trying to be cool. either way im still a poser! bahaha. but seriously i got the impression this was true. fwiw :/
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

inequitude wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:53 pm What format are you expecting it to be released in?
The only expectations I have are digital, CD and vinyl.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Maybe the delay is the ultra blu rayz 13.1 surround sound format.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

They’re their Tool fans, it wil all werk aught in th ehnd.

Fuck learning to Swim. Learn to fucking SPELL.

And get off my lawn while your at it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
wade-o
Maynard Believer

Post by wade-o »

hellboy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:25 pm So there's an unverified rumour going around that record stores are being advised that they can expect a Tool album in August. Reportedly stores were advised in a recent email. Who want's to contact their local record store and see if they got a similar email?
Not sure if Australian record stores get info as early as the U.S, but I messaged a few (Utopia, Red Eye Records) and they haven’t heard anything about the album. Hopefully old mate was wrong/misinformed.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Human nature unfortunately that most people will rip you off or do their best to get what they can out of you. A shame but that's life, doesn't surprise me that Tool are no different.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:08 am

Human nature unfortunately that most people will rip you off or do their best to get what they can out of you. A shame but that's life, doesn't surprise me that Tool are no different.
Adam Jones definitely comes across as having his head up his arse too so I can't imagine him being too generous to the roadie types.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:10 am
Adam Jones definitely comes across as having his head up his arse too so I can't imagine him being too generous to the roadie types.
What makes you say that? He sounds relatively normal in most interviews I've heard
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

How is the weather on Conclusions Island? Hope you enjoyed your jump.

I wonder if Junior will be willing to add his much better informed $.02.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

hellboy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:37 am
Tool_User wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:10 am
What makes you say that? He sounds relatively normal in most interviews I've heard
Not one thing in particular, just how he comes across to me based on the interviews I've seen over the years. I'm not going to start going back over interviews to find quotes, I love his music just think he seems like a cunt.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Kittaan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:31 am How is the weather on Conclusions Island? Hope you enjoyed your jump.

I wonder if Junior will be willing to add his much better informed $.02.
Hahaha yeah cos that wouldn't be unprofessional at all would it? Geeze!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Man, you all are really making a shitload of hay out of something you have zero actual information about! Carry on...
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

^
Take it to the grudge if you feel the need to speculate about something like this, no need to drag everyone else into it.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

joeypants wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 am Man, you all are really making a shitload of hay out of something you have zero actual information about! Carry on...
Really? There's only a few comments about it and it is a Tool forum. If they got the fuck on with releasing it we'd have something more interesting to talk about.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Ettan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:57 am ^
Take it to the grudge if you feel the need to speculate about something like this, no need to drag everyone else into it.
Sorry snowflake didn't realise anyone was getting dragged into anything? Thought it was just some adults having a chat.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

No need for you to be offended mate, I just feel like speculating and calling people cunts for whatever reason is more fitting in the grudge thread.

** But feel free to continue, I won't intervene no more :)
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:58 am Really? There's only a few comments about it and it is a Tool forum. If they got the fuck on with releasing it we'd have something more interesting to talk about.
Sounds like a plan. Let's all talk about how cunty and cringey Tool_User is until the album comes out.........this could be a while.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

M0G wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 pm
hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:39 pm
gamebounty wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:30 pm I'm excited! Seeing that email this morning was cool. I know that the website is shit and everything, but this is just more icing on the cake for me, and hopefully there are some improvements to the way the site is run.
I wouldn't get your hopes up!
Sometimes I forget how young some of the members are lol

@gamebounty - a little history lesson for you. Fella named Chris Graves used to run Tool’s websites. Rumor back in the day was Tool wasn’t willing to pay him what he was asking (and deserved) to do the job so he quit. For awhile no one was doing any kind of maintenance or upkeep on Toolband or Toolarmy. They finally hired a company to do the back end upkeep but many years went by with no real IT/web development guy or gal running the show.
I'm 28 you fuck. But yes that is shitty.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

gamebounty wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:57 am
M0G wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 pm
hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:39 pm

I wouldn't get your hopes up!
Sometimes I forget how young some of the members are lol

@gamebounty - a little history lesson for you. Fella named Chris Graves used to run Tool’s websites. Rumor back in the day was Tool wasn’t willing to pay him what he was asking (and deserved) to do the job so he quit. For awhile no one was doing any kind of maintenance or upkeep on Toolband or Toolarmy. They finally hired a company to do the back end upkeep but many years went by with no real IT/web development guy or gal running the show.
I'm 28 you fuck. But yes that is shitty.
Settle down there young feller i was just fucking with you. Besides 28 is young so enjoy it. When you are looking at 40 you will wish you could be 28 again. Imagine how poor Kittaan feels with the adult diapers and what not :lol:
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:58 am
joeypants wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 am Man, you all are really making a shitload of hay out of something you have zero actual information about! Carry on...
Really? There's only a few comments about it and it is a Tool forum. If they got the fuck on with releasing it we'd have something more interesting to talk about.
Relax man I am the Emperor of Tool Hate and I agree the delay is ridiculous but no point getting all worked up. No amount of frustration or agitation is going to speed up the process. Adam is a control freak and if I were a betting man I would wager this latest delay is on him as well with some goofy artwork packaging that is entirely irrelevant when everything is digital now. I sure as shit won't be buying a CD or Vinyl.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Ettan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:23 am No need for you to be offended mate, I just feel like speculating and calling people cunts for whatever reason is more fitting in the grudge thread.

** But feel free to continue, I won't intervene no more :)
Fair enough mate, I get a bit carried away at times and don't wanna offend anyone. Adam jones is responsible for some good times for me and I sure as heck appreciate it.