Re: Video game news

Post by tys0n »

Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I literally just clicked and installed that. Enjoyed Bastion, so keen to check this one out.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Days Gone review: a freaker on a leash - "Days Gone just isn’t anywhere near the quality of the majority of PS4 first-party releases" - VG247

Frantic hordes of zombies can't save Days Gone from its repetitive gameplay, bland world, and meandering story. - IGN
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

^^ As expected. Cheers Mr Zig
Deftones!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

earthrocker wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:04 am ^^ As expected. Cheers Mr Zig
Yeah, I'm not surprised at all.
- You like noisy music?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Reviewers have no fucking clue what they are on about with Days Gone the scores are all over the place. I will play it and decide for myself. I can tell you the IGN 5/10 is insanely low given what other more reputable reviewers have said. Gamers just want to complain about everything and gaming journalism is largely an oxymoron except in a few cases. (We need more Jason Schrier's and less youtube clickbait dipshits)
The most intelligent person on this forum
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

This is what the game review should be like - this guy has finished the game, got all the trophies and now shares his opinion, I respect that.
- You like noisy music?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Borderlands 3 capture event was today. Graphically I was expecting a bit more. I know the style of the graphics in the game make it kind of difficult to do significantly more but what I saw I thought there was room for improvement. Of course to be fair it is really difficult to make out all the differences on Twitch during a multicast like that. There were some visual improvements for sure and I imagine optimization will occur before launch.

The important thing is that everyone I saw were speaking very positively about how the gun play and core gameplay mechanics felt. And some of the new guns they showcased were crazy cool. And visually one thing I did notice that I was happy about is that they have made textures stand out a bit more. Borderlands, particularly the remastered versions at 1080p 60fs..everything really tended to blend in. There is more noticeable edging with character and level design here that helps quite a bit.

The game looked to play fairly smoothly which shows that Gearbox is not playing from behind. Having all those content creators out there 4 months before launch shows they are fairly confident with the engine and performance. They have plenty of time to optimize and tweak to get everything just right by September.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Look good, though I gotta say mostly more of the same to me. I enjoyed the first two though, so will most likely check it out regardless.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

I'm not surprised at all again.
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

We'll be seeing more of The Last of Us 2 before E3 2019, says industry insider

More evidence lines up for an incoming PlayStation State of Play live stream, as new Last of Us 2 rumours surface

With Days Gone finally out of the way, the rest of Sony's 2019 schedule for PS4 exclusives is looking unusually barebones right now. Neither Death Stranding nor Ghost of Tsushima have confirmed release dates, but the most anticipated first-party title of them all - The Last of Us 2 - seems the most likely to be the one that arrives later this year.

We've had store listings and tacit confirmation from the PlayStation Store itself that Naughty Dog's dystopian sequel is launching in 2019, and now a new hint from a games industry insider suggests we'll be hearing more about the title very, very soon.

In a ResetEra thread discussing The Last of Us 2's potential release date, a user by the name of Aokiji - who accurately leaked the existence of Sony's State of Play internet show before it was announced earlier this year - said that "considering we’re getting an official TLOU2 update before E3, [it] would be really weird if it wasn’t 2019 now wouldn’t it[?]."

The E3 2019 schedule kicks off as early as June 7, with the EA Play event, which means - according to this tease - we could be seeing new gameplay for The Last of Us 2 in less than a month. Interestingly, Hideo Kojima teased a new trailer for his next game, Death Stranding, just yesterday, suggesting we could be seeing another State of Play show at some point in May or early June.

This would certainly be the best way for Sony to keep its player base happy despite its absence from E3, and the tech giant may even reveal more about its announced PS5 console, despite recently stating that the next-gen hardware won't be out till May 2020 at the earliest.

Whether this hypothetical State of Play gives us a release date for either The Last of Us 2 or Death Stranding is anyone's guess, but their status as two of the most anticipated new games of 2019 and beyond makes this rumour all the more exciting.

The ball is in your court, Naughty Dog.

https://www.gamesradar.com/well-be-seei ... y-insider/
- You like noisy music?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Did you guys hear about the Randy Pitchford/Game Informer blow up? Randy said at yesterday's Borderlands 3 capture event no microtransactions no pay to win no loot boxes no premium currency extensive dlc and not trying to nickle and dime. All super positive shit. He DID mention that they would sell skins just like they did with Borderlands 2. No big deal nothing excessive. Well of course fucking Game Informer has to post an article saying that that what he said wasn't true and there were microtranscations which was complete clickbait horseshit as anyone with even marginal intelligence understood exactly what Randy said yesterday.

And then of course the fucking cancer that is the youtube gaming "journalist" community has jumped all over this. I fucking hate Yong Yea, Upper Echelon Gaming, Cleanprincegaming, LegacyKillerGaming, The Quatering, Laymen Gaming...I could go on and on and on...fuck all of them.

We REALLY need more Jason Schrier's and Kirk Hamilton's in gaming journalism. Thank goodness for Kotaku.

Gearbox is doing this the right way and to fucking nit pick over some goddamn skins makes me sick.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think stopping reading about games "journalism" would do wonders for your blood pressure.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Was writing the same thing as you posted that!
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:04 pm I think stopping reading about games "journalism" would do wonders for your blood pressure.
Na im good we all have our things. Politics was where I held most of my rage and I had to let that one go. Venting about Video games is pretty harmless. It is not like politics where I would genuinely hit Catergory 5 level stroke inducing anger.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

We should start a new topic 'Politics in video games'
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:30 pm We should start a new topic 'Politics in video games'
Damn I know we have had our differences over the years but I didn't think you wanted me dead... ;)

Na not touching anything politics related I cut that out of my life completely. I will obviously continue to vote and pay attention to relevant issues but as for debates and discussions not interested. I have spent enough energy over the years on politics.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Omg. Please be good!

Looking forward to E3 - 11th June

ziggy23 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:26 pm
Deftones!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Played some Rage 2 tonight combat and movement feel so much like Doom really glad iD handled that part. Avalanche can do open worlds but they don’t have a fucking clue how to do combat. Vehicles feel good. It is a solid game.
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Gameplay around 40min mark

Deftones!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... ab3fa1631c

So the Division 2 raid just came out yesterday and the fucking thing is basically unbeatable on console. Something like 15 or 20 teams have beaten on pc but most console groups (if not all) haven't beaten the first boss. Not one console group has beaten it. No one on Xbox. No one on PS4. The fucking issue is not skill or optimization or anything. It is literally aim on controller and frame rate. Mouse and Keyboard aiming is SIGNIFICANTLY more accurate. The mechanics of the first boss fight make it almost impossible with a controller plus at 30 frames it makes it even more difficult to hit specific spots required on this boss. The NPC's hit so hard you really cannot miss a head shot, again on console, particularly in this game, is an issue.

I imagine at some point some group will bang away on console and find some strange combination of strats and eventually beat it but some of the players I saw attempt it on console yesterday are OUTSTANDING players with perfectly optimized builds and again, on console, no chance.

It is a big enough issue that Paul Tassi has written an article about it. As you can imagine Reddit is up in arms. I am a raid nut I have raided more times than is healthy for any person in Destiny and Destiny 2 and I love extremely hard challenges. But there is a difference between hard and actually being limited because of hardware. It is as if they designed the raid only for pc, or didn't test how it would run on console. Again let me be clear, I want something like a Raid to be extremely difficult. It is pinnacle endgame content. But this is not about difficulty or even encounter mechanics, rather core gameplay issues on console.

I suspect they are going to have to do something on console, either drop NPC armor slightly to account for the accuracy and framerate issue, otherwise Division 2 is in deep shit. Console has far more players. Between the lack of matchmaking for the activity, it requiring 8 players, and the issues on controller, this is going to be a problem for Massive. Really is a damn shame I was looking forward to the challenge but not gonna happen.