Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

lol at anyone who expected a release today
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:14 pm For those who are complaining about Tool not releasing the music without the artwork, it makes me question if you are even a fan.

You might not give a fuck about it but it's obviously very very important to the band and especially Adam, with the artwork and visuals being an extension of the music itself.

Just look at the bands history with live shows, music videos and elaborate album packaging.
I am complaining I give zero fucks what is important to control freak Adam. All the packaging and artwork should have been done a long time ago. All logistics should have been worked out a long time ago. They have spent years doing nothing so there is absolutely no excuse at all for this amateur hour act as if this is their first go around releasing a record.

Bottom line this thing isn’t coming until late July or August. There will be no single. All those of us that are not attending these shows can hope is that enough people get some decent recordings without getting their phones confiscated and get it up on YouTube quick enough before Tool’s legal team inevitably makes everyone take it down because that is all there is gonna be for another 3 months. #Facts
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It'll be out this year some time and I'm fine with that.
Canned audience laughter
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:10 pm lol at anyone who expected a release today
Two things:

They're in California, they could release it at midnight their time.

Or they could release it at whatever time they want tomorrow.

Third Thing:

I generally don't pay attention to digital release schedules
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I agree that if they do release anything, it need not be tied in with Friday. Albums get released on Fridays. Singles not so much.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 pm I agree that if they do release anything, it need not be tied in with Friday. Albums get released on Fridays. Singles not so much.
There is not gonna be a single you know it let’s just tell it like it is. The Toolarchive source basically said as much and I imagine if you press your source enough they will confirm. Nothing is going to be released until either late July or August, and if I was a betting man I would put my money on August.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not sure I can really agree with your statements.
M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:12 pm
I am complaining I give zero fucks what is important to control freak Adam. All the packaging and artwork should have been done a long time ago. All logistics should have been worked out a long time ago. They have spent years doing nothing so there is absolutely no excuse at all for this amateur hour act as if this is their first go around releasing a record.
The packaging would be quite dependent on the theme of the album, which was really only established when Maynard comes in and does his part. In the meantime, Adam, the one who'd be making the decisions around packaging is also taking his time recording the guitars for the album. If all Tool were going to do were release a CD jewel case, or just a simple vinyl sleeve, then sure your point has some merit. I'll be surprised if we're looking at the artwork in a couple of months time and that's all it is.
M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:12 pm Bottom line this thing isn’t coming until late July or August. There will be no single. All those of us that are not attending these shows can hope is that enough people get some decent recordings without getting their phones confiscated and get it up on YouTube quick enough before Tool’s legal team inevitably makes everyone take it down because that is all there is gonna be for another 3 months. #Facts
There will be no single in the radio sense, it seems pretty clear to me there's not a likely candidate for this. That doesn't mean they won't release some kind of preview to the album. In fact I'll be surprised if they don't. I don't have any expectations we'll get anything this weekend though, though I'd love to see otherwise.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm not going to any of these shows, but I'm still pretty excited for those that are. I'll be checking in Sunday night fo sho.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:34 pm Not sure I can really agree with your statements.
M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:12 pm
The packaging would be quite dependent on the theme of the album, which was really only established when Maynard comes in and does his part. In the meantime, Adam, the one who'd be making the decisions around packaging is also taking his time recording the guitars for the album. If all Tool were going to do were release a CD jewel case, or just a simple vinyl sleeve, then sure your point has some merit. I'll be surprised if we're looking at the artwork in a couple of months time and that's all it is.
M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:12 pm Bottom line this thing isn’t coming until late July or August. There will be no single. All those of us that are not attending these shows can hope is that enough people get some decent recordings without getting their phones confiscated and get it up on YouTube quick enough before Tool’s legal team inevitably makes everyone take it down because that is all there is gonna be for another 3 months. #Facts
There will be no single in the radio sense, it seems pretty clear to me there's not a likely candidate for this. That doesn't mean they won't release some kind of preview to the album. In fact I'll be surprised if they don't. I don't have any expectations we'll get anything this weekend though, though I'd love to see otherwise.
Maynard was done vocals last year. The album was done last April. They spent damn near a year recording it. Sorry the theme argument holds no weight with me. No single. No preview. 3 months. Delay caused because of the packaging/artwork. Facts. As I said hopefully someone gets a good recording of a new song on Sunday. Normally I am not a fan of leaks but I would love if the album ended up leaking. It would be poetic justice for the way Tool have handled this entire situation.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah jokes on me. I held high hopes of a release today.. I really stupidly did. .you'd think id know better than that by now. Still bloody exciting times but yeah sure would be nice to get a new song right about now. Just been a long wait and I've always said it'll be done when its done. It's just knowing That's It done I'm starting to get I impatient
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:48 pm I'm not going to any of these shows, but I'm still pretty excited for those that are. I'll be checking in Sunday night fo sho.
I agree with you on this I am glad those people are going to get to hear a new song. After 13 years they sure as hell deserve it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:55 pmFacts
No, your speculation are not facts, regardless of whether they turn out to be correct or not.

You seem to think I'm defending the band I expect - I'm not, though I don't give as many fucks about delays as you seem to.

The facts are:
* The album was completed in February. That it took so long is not something I'm debating.
* The packaging work probably commenced shortly after, and likely not completed until March. Perhaps they had some ideas of what they were doing prior to that, but I very much doubt it was complete.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:02 pm
M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:55 pmFacts
No, your speculation are not facts, regardless of whether they turn out to be correct or not.

You seem to think I'm defending the band I expect - I'm not, though I don't give as many fucks about delays as you seem to.

The facts are:
* The album was completed in February. That it took so long is not something I'm debating.
* The packaging work probably commenced shortly after, and likely not completed until March. Perhaps they had some ideas of what they were doing prior to that, but I very much doubt it was complete.
No the album was completed (minus vocals) last April. They finished recording the album in January and mastered it in February. We could keep going around in circles but there is no point. Bottom line I am crossing my fingers for a good recording on Sunday or a leak.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:33 pm
hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 pm I agree that if they do release anything, it need not be tied in with Friday. Albums get released on Fridays. Singles not so much.
There is not gonna be a single you know it let’s just tell it like it is. The Toolarchive source basically said as much and I imagine if you press your source enough they will confirm. Nothing is going to be released until either late July or August, and if I was a betting man I would put my money on August.
I thought the August thing in that Toolarchive vid was debunked. It was only one guy on reddit, and a bunch of the responses said they did the same thing and no one in the record shops really knows anything.

I'm more inclined to go by the APC/Blair anagram, but again, I don't know shit. You could be right.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:08 pm
No the album was completed (minus vocals) last April. They finished recording the album in January and mastered it in February. We could keep going around in circles but there is no point.
I think you're missing my point entirely. The album was completed when it was mastered in February. Packaging work most likely started then, and not before. That you expect Adam might multitask is laughable after all these years.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

limeygringo wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:11 pm
I thought the August thing in that Toolarchive vid was debunked. It was only one guy on reddit, and a bunch of the responses said they did the same thing and no one in the record shops really knows anything.

I'm more inclined to go by the APC/Blair anagram, but again, I don't know shit. You could be right.
The record store thing was debunked but there is email communication in the Toolarchive vid pointing to July/August. Logistically it already being May..June is not realistic. July at the earliest and likely at the end of the month with August being more likely given whatever goofy elaborate packaging Adam designed. If it is June I will happily say I got it all wrong but I don’t think I do.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:14 pm
M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:08 pm
No the album was completed (minus vocals) last April. They finished recording the album in January and mastered it in February. We could keep going around in circles but there is no point.
That you expect Adam might multitask is laughable after all these years.
Sadly you are correct, which is why the album is not out now. 10,000 Days was mastered in February if I remember correctly and was out with the excessive packaging in May. The packaging was okay 13 years ago..but it’s a digital world now. Toss a half way decent cover on there and get that baby on ITunes and Amazon. Anyway I am sticking with August.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The record store thing is definitely debunked - no one will back it up. I've contacted a few stores, and I know others have as well - no bueno.

I'm not one to buy into a surprise release, which means we're looking at a 6 week or so minimum prior to release, which means likely nothing before mid-June at the earliest.

Assuming MOG's prediction of no single/preview track turns out to be correct, then I'm expect this announce/release gap to be a shorter one rather than longer. I'll be surprised if we see it in June as well, think July is more likely than August.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:19 pm

The record store thing was debunked but there is email communication in the Toolarchive vid pointing to July/August. Logistically it already being May..June is not realistic. July at the earliest and likely at the end of the month with August being more likely given whatever goofy elaborate packaging Adam designed. If it is June I will happily say I got it all wrong but I don’t think I do.
That's right, forgot about that. Wonder who that's to/from. Seems kinda odd, but it is Toolarchive, the guy doesn't seem to fuck around.

Then again, maybe that's only the physical release. The streaming side of things is definitely gearing up, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's solely a single with all their back catalogue for now.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Maybe Toolarchive will chime in when he sees this. He joined fourtheye a while back.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

limeygringo wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:27 pm
M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:19 pm

That's right, forgot about that. Wonder who that's to/from. Seems kinda odd, but it is Toolarchive, the guy doesn't seem to fuck around.

Then again, maybe that's only the physical release. The streaming side of things is definitely gearing up, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's solely a single with all their back catalogue for now.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if the back catalogue was released sooner not much involved there as long as the money/licensing is all hashed out. Would love to see the Opiate rework pop up for purchase digitally but I doubt it will happen. Would be at least something newish to dig into.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Where do you think Toolarchive gets his news from ;)
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Oh, you're toolarchive and Blair. I get it now.