Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by unclejackson »

Yeah, it's a bit intriguing that Tool seems prepared to play a new song without releasing the studio version first (assuming it's not dropped tomorrow).

But hey, good for them.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

cool! moving along. i was fine forever about all this but now its so close im getting pumped and even annoyingly anxious the odd time wanting info! ha. its ok though! cant wait to hear a new song tomorrow.

remember when they played the video for Schism at the live shows during intermission. i did sorta wonder if they would pull something like that but chances are its just straight up live which is way better anyway.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

I still will not be surprised to see a surprise digital single release between now and Monday morning.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

unclejackson wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:45 am Yeah, it's a bit intriguing that Tool seems prepared to play a new song without releasing the studio version first (assuming it's not dropped tomorrow).

But hey, good for them.
i think they just want to be the first who present their new music to the world. that's what I would want if I were in such a situation. release it right after the gig (or tour) but play it in person first....this also values the people who payed to see them live.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

As much as I wish there was, none of the sources I speak to say there are any plans for a release of anything following the show.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

hellboy wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:14 am As much as I wish there was, none of the sources I speak to say there are any plans for a release of anything following the show.
Then I will take that as they plan on releasing something BEFORE the show!
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

For anyone wondering, Tool are scheduled to hit the stage at 8:35pm Sunday Florida time, in GMT that's 1:35am Monday.

https://welcometorockvillefestival.com/ ... 5-05-2019/&
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:14 am As much as I wish there was, none of the sources I speak to say there are any plans for a release of anything following the show.
so speak to different sources then! ;)
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

Do you think this means they simply don't know, or do you think they could be skeptical a release is imminent based on other contextual knowledge?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Apparently the festival was evacuated today due to bad weather. Gotta feel for the fans and the bands that is rather shit. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Looks like it was only shut down for an hour or 2 yesterday, then resumed. Proceeding as normal today.

https://twitter.com/RockvilleFest
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

There will be no release. How many times do you have to be told. This was in part why I was not the slightest bit impressed with Adam’s little Instagram post. There will be no single and the album isn’t coming out for 3 months. The only thing that is happening is at these few upcoming shows they are going to play one new song. And knowing Tool they could pull some bullshit and not actually do a full song and instead do a slightly longer version or altered version of Descending or some kind of small teaser. The fasting is hardly over.

I am sorry I keep coming off as negative but unless you are attending these upcoming shows there really isn’t anything to be excited about. It is gonna be another three months of nothing. The only thing that might happen is they may release their back catalogue earlier on digital platforms.

What blows my mind about Tool, besides how incredibly unprofessional and lazy they are, is how they are missing the boat entirely on a digital release of the Opiate rework and a video for The Pot. It would be a nice hold over with something actually new while we wait for the new album and it is easy money for the band. If the Opiate rework hit ITunes and Amazon man they would get minimum 500k purchases in a week if not more and it would ease the wait until August and likely quiet down the social media chatter about the new album.

But then I remember this is Tool and they don’t give a shit. So carry on. Uh hype..yeah
The most intelligent person on this forum
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I'm not convinced that they won't release a single at all, mainly cos I just can't get my head around that. If they don't release one because they have nothing radio friendly enough then they really have lost the plot, but I think we will get a single before the album. When is anyone's guess.
NowhereFaded
Bronco's Fan

Post by NowhereFaded »

Yeah, I never understood why they haven’t gone digital. Though Adam did address it when questioned in the VIP.
Money is no motivator for this band.
The millions they leave on the table that could be had via digital sales and live releases is astounding if you think about it. It’s a rarity in this day and age and should be acclaimed.
As fans, being patient is impossibly hard and after 13 years,
the wait for us is nearly over (:
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I thought bands didn't earn Jack shit from digital downloads and that the vast majority of the money went to Spotify etc?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Any road, if all goes to plan we should be able to watch a new Tool song on YouTube on Monday. I like it when the first time you get into a song it's a live version, then you hear the studio version but it's not the same and you don't quite like it. Then it grows on you an you learn to love it but still always go back to that particular live version.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Tool_User wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:31 pm I'm not convinced that they won't release a single at all, mainly cos I just can't get my head around that. If they don't release one because they have nothing radio friendly enough then they really have lost the plot, but I think we will get a single before the album. When is anyone's guess.
Same.

Their past singles haven't been all that radio friendly. The music videos for Parabola & Schism are 10 minutes and 8 minutes respectively, and they were released 18 years ago when the landscape was dominated by radio & MTV, the landscape these days with streaming actually works more in favour of things like that.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's been quite a while since Tool visited Europe. I find it unlikely that they will only play one new song on the European leg. I also find it unlikely that these US shows will only get one new song. Maybe the festival shows will just get one, but I think Europe will get 3 or 4 new songs. My guess is they are going to road test some of the new material. They'll drip out a song at the festivals, maybe 2 songs at the US shows, then 3 and 4 in Europe. I think there's going to be some riff teasing as well during interludes.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I think it's great for the fans going to these shows to get to hear the music live first before anyone else.

I won't be listening to any shitty bootlegs either, I can wait.

Also my farts smell fantastic.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

As shitty as they are going to sound, I don't know if I can hold out. I might just take a taste. Just a lil 30 second taste.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I wonder if this is getting broken tomorrow:

Most users ever online was 200 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:13 pm
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool can kiss my ass I will listen to any bootleg available and I would love nothing more than if the entire album leaked it is what they deserve
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

unclejackson wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:03 am
Do you think this means they simply don't know, or do you think they could be skeptical a release is imminent based on other contextual knowledge?
It means they don't know, but they are someone who should know.
AnonymousTarsier
Maynard Believer
Height: 309 cm

Post by AnonymousTarsier »

M0G wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:27 pm Tool can kiss my ass I will listen to any bootleg available and I would love nothing more than if the entire album leaked it is what they deserve
Message to Harry Manback vol III
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Anybody know when we can expect a good quality recording uploaded to Youtube? We should have something up by the end of Sunday, right? I'm not sure what's typical for these kinds of things. Never waited anxiously for a bootleg before. :lol:
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete