Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
nxrm
Living Duller

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm »

^This isn't helping those of us abstaining. :)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

ziggy23 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:49 am

This one is hard to ignore. I will though because I want to hear it tonight.

Tomorrow I shall watch this
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

jesus! you guys are walking right into the fire. trying to ignore songs and posting them etc etc. what sort of torture are you putting yourselves through ? lol
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

nxrm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:54 am ^This isn't helping those of us abstaining. :)
This song is currently on a loop in my playlist and I just can't get enough. Invincible also. Non stop. Both of them. FUCKING EPIC.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

ziggy23 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:09 am This song is currently on a loop in my playlist and I just can't get enough. Invincible also. Non stop. Both of them. FUCKING EPIC.
Dammit dude! :D
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

ziggy23 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:09 am
nxrm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:54 am ^This isn't helping those of us abstaining. :)
This song is currently on a loop in my playlist and I just can't get enough. Invincible also. Non stop. Both of them. FUCKING EPIC.
Spoiler* probably doesn't need a spoiler tag but don't want to give anything away for those that are abstaining from the tool.

That bit near the end of invincible where Adam let's his guitar feedback then they all come back in is fucking epic makes my hairs stand on end.
Last edited by Tool_User on Wed May 08, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

Anyone stumbled upon some descending recordings from the birmingham show? I thought they made some errors during their rockville performance, just wanted to hear it again. rockville sounded like one of the 3 got lost in the time signature
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

havent heard any from the 2nd show yet but they will iron out the kinks the more they play these.
the next festival is bound to have more vids.
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

nxrm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:41 am
Bill Hilly wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:33 am
nxrm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:05 am 114 Days. Piece of cake.
Nice to see you're on board the edging train too.
Tool.Edging.

Appropriate. Creepy, but appropriate.
Haha this got me good! :lol:

I’m holding out as well. Told myself I was gonna give this album the a full front to back treatment on the day of the physical release. Was on my way back to Portland after a road trip to Denver to see Shpongle at Red Rocks when they debuted the two new songs. Luckily my senses were well saturated after that experience it helped me stay strong! I’m confident it will be worth the wait.

This community has been a blast to follow these past few days! Looking forward to the final phase with you all!

Stay strong my virgin ear’d friends!
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

I am SO curious as to what they are going to do digitally. Whether they release any songs ahead of time before the album. At least to stream. Or are they just going to say fuck it and wait until the album is released in physical format and all we have are cell phone recordings until August 30th. Curious.
GabesCaves

Post by GabesCaves »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:41 am
tys0n wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:13 am I must have fucked ears because anytime I try to listen to these bootlegs my mind just says NOPE and I click out

Or you're a bunch of fucking fan boys
Not sure anyone is trying to claim the recordings so far are good quality. They're listenable, unless you're ego is big enough you need to market yourself as some kind of audiophile. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better - I doubt any of us give a fuck.

It's about having a preview, rather than something decent to listen on repeat for the next 4 months.

C'mon hb, although I agree it's a worthwhile preview, it's not about whether the listener is an audiophile.

Something about the "pureness" of the Tool sound and " woooooo duuuuuude grab me some breeeeew duuuuuude " just don't mix well.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

lukas wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:24 am Anyone stumbled upon some descending recordings from the birmingham show? I thought they made some errors during their rockville performance, just wanted to hear it again. rockville sounded like one of the 3 got lost in the time signature
This was just shared over on Reddit.

I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
novaconda

Post by novaconda »

I can't believe they played Vicarious at the tail end of their show last night. I know the song sort of gets overshadowed by others on 10K Days, but it's a solid song nonetheless. Lyrically it is heavy.
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

jackob2545 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:09 pm Haha this got me good! :lol:

I’m holding out as well. Told myself I was gonna give this album the a full front to back treatment on the day of the physical release. Was on my way back to Portland after a road trip to Denver to see Shpongle at Red Rocks when they debuted the two new songs. Luckily my senses were well saturated after that experience it helped me stay strong! I’m confident it will be worth the wait.

This community has been a blast to follow these past few days! Looking forward to the final phase with you all!

Stay strong my virgin ear’d friends!
Unless I end up seeing them live before the album is out (very unlikely), I'm going to hold out for the official release. No singles, no leaks. Just straight up Tool audio injection on release day.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

lukas wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:24 am Anyone stumbled upon some descending recordings from the birmingham show? I thought they made some errors during their rockville performance, just wanted to hear it again. rockville sounded like one of the 3 got lost in the time signature
So, anyone have any info on Descending in Birmingham and whether or not the second half was instrumental as it was at Rockville?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 am junior will the lasers be contained and epicenter in NC?
I’ll have to ask Scott. I think he said it was just the Jacksonville one.
It can be tricky sometimes, and it can depend on local authorities wanting to have a say.
The laser company goes to great lengths to try to get approval everywhere.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Tool_User wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:23 am

Spoiler* probably doesn't need a spoiler tag but don't want to give anything away for those that are abstaining from the tool.

That bit near the end of invincible where Adam let's his guitar feedback then they all come back in is fucking epic makes my hairs stand on end.
Doesn't bother me one bit. This is what's getting me through not hearing the songs.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

DeadGuyAle wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:45 am Welcome to Louisville Junior! I saw tool the last time they were here in 2001.

I know you don’t know me from Adam, but I would like to shake your hand. The lighting you all put on is outstanding!

Will you be at the soundboard? Would it be too creepy to come by there (if possible) and say hey? I am in section 105

If you have time and like craft beer, I highly recommend Against The Grain.
If I’m there and not busy, sure.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

nxrm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:42 pm Unless I end up seeing them live before the album is out (very unlikely), I'm going to hold out for the official release. No singles, no leaks. Just straight up Tool audio injection on release day.
That's the spirit!
- You like noisy music?
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Not one clip surfaced from the Birmingham show other than Stinkfist, is it possible that they are being taken down?
I forgot my pen
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

junior wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:52 pm
rshforgothispw wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 am junior will the lasers be contained and epicenter in NC?
I’ll have to ask Scott. I think he said it was just the Jacksonville one.
It can be tricky sometimes, and it can depend on local authorities wanting to have a say.
The laser company goes to great lengths to try to get approval everywhere.
Thanks man! Looking forward to your guys show this Saturday!! Tell Adam to play third eye. Jk. Anyway, great job with the lighting. The 01 show with the creepy deer people from schism in ft laud is still the best show I’ve ever seen.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Danny wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:26 pm Not one clip surfaced from the Birmingham show other than Stinkfist, is it possible that they are being taken down?
There was a fb live video of the first three songs. Saw a quick video with the sheets down during descending and the pyramid up front on the sheets looked great! I have heard the reddit audio recording and both new songs sound much much tighter. Justin’s solo during invincible is better I think his pedal messed up in Jacksonville and Adams slide solo and the end solo during descending was near flawless. Way tighter with Danny too. Didn’t get to the Jambi fuck up cuz the file died.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:13 am I must have fucked ears because anytime I try to listen to these bootlegs my mind just says NOPE and I click out

Or you're a bunch of fucking fan boys
tys0n wrote: Not marketing myself as any kind of audiophile at all mate, did you miss the part where I said I must have fucked ears? Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better - I doubt any of us give a fuck.

You guys can listen to these shitty recordings all you want and fawn over them, I'm just pointing out my truth and reality, instead of taking the collective kool aid.
Truth and Realtiy?? :lol: :lol: Oh fuck off you arrogant twat. The ToolAchive recordings, on a good set of headphones, are very good. The studio versions will be cleaner but if you think Descending and Invincible are going to be MASSIVELY different than what they are playing live you are drinking the kool aid. Moreover, those of us who are impressed by these songs are not fucking fan boys. The quality of some of these recordings is more than enough to make out most of what is going on in both songs musically and are certainly good enough to determine whether the songs are good.

So in summation Dr. Phil you keep working on your "truth and reality". I will be busy enjoying these vids until the album is out.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I am really liking the lighting for these shows. The lasers are a nice and dense, and there are lots of vibrant colors. The projection drapes are pretty neat as well. This is the best stage set up I have seen since the 10,000 Days tour where they had the entirely white stage of screens and everything was colors and patterns.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.