Introduce Yourself (right on)

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Introduce Yourself (right on)

Post by Busty McCracken »

Figured with the influx of new users here that will inevitably grow closer to the new album , made sense to make a thread for the newbies. Probably already a thread buried in the forum somewhere but I couldn't find it and that's Hellboys problem.

In all likelihood the newbies will mostly be hovering in the tool part of the forum and won't even see this but for those that do, welcome. Where ya from, who are ya , how old , how'd ya get here and if you had to choose between having scones and tea with Tyson or Mog who would you choose?
Listen to All Them Witches
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Re: Introduce Yourself (right on)

Post by thekillingjoke »

Thanks, and hi! I'm TheKillingJoke, named after one of my favorite bands, the Batman comic, and the Monty Python sketch.
I've been lurking around this place since about 2010, but didn't have anything so say yet.

I'm from Germany, work with computers by day and have the (admittedly very specific) hobby of over analyzing Tool drums by night:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... eF_s7cUGUk

Got into Tool when Ænima was released, via a hilariously antagonistic/awkward interview with Maynard by a German music magazine.
I've seen them live three times between 2001 and 2006. So yes, I've just about missed them on the Ænima tour and I'm still pissed about that.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Introduce Yourself (right on)

Post by Busty McCracken »

Hey dude. So many lurkers on here for such a long time. Crazy so many haven't felt the need to say Hi.

I Got into em thanks to Aenima but after they'd toured Aus so also missed them and didn't get a chance until Lateralus. Would have loved to have seen them Aenima days back when Maynard was still up front but then alot of people call me a bastard for seeing them during Lateralus era so can't complain.

Just checked out 46 & 2 cover. You got skills bro don't be shy to Chuck em up in the music thread for post ya music. Welcome to the forum
Listen to All Them Witches