Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

My blood type is coopers pale ale. It's all I ever drink also. Such a great day when they released them in cans last year.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Didn't like the cans tbh.

Love the avatar btw, Full Frontal was the shit.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Took a little bit to get used to but now I'm struggling on the bottles tbh. I spend alot of spare time in outdoors so cans suit that plus it's less embarrassing come recycling day..

And cheers.... ITS POITA!!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

More of a Milo Kerrigan fan myself and I return my bottles for that sweet sweet 10c a bottle, I go once a week and usually get $10 back from all the piss I drink during that week.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I actually do a mean Milo impersonation (true story). He'd have to be my favourite but that whole era was fucking hilarious.

Michael bamf-----f holden
Phil toimby
Netball makes ya tell dirty jokes
Aww deerrrrr
Fabio
The list goes on
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:54 am More of a Milo Kerrigan fan myself and I return my bottles for that sweet sweet 10c a bottle, I go once a week and usually get $10 back from all the piss I drink during that week.
You drink 100 beers a week?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You make it sound a lot more than it actually is.
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Can I get the last 6 posts deleted in this thread as they are all off topic?
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Yep English born and bred. Had just over a year in Oz, probably the best year of my life. Loved everything about the place. Doesn't matter how shit my life gets now I've always got those memories!
cahernandez
My pain is just an excuse

Post by cahernandez »

That Part of Me killed! If someone has a recording of Vicarious from last night (because of the rumor that he sang the ending), please share. I looked for it but couldn't find it.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:16 am My blood type is coopers pale ale. It's all I ever drink also. Such a great day when they released them in cans last year.
Has OZ been hit by the 'craft lager' frenzy?
Deftones!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Part of Me was nailed. MJK sounds magnificent there. Gives me hope for some other long missed balls-to-the walls songs sneaking into the set lists on the way to August 30th.

That was so good I find it hard to even get pissed at the idiot who recorded that vertically.
Ki77aan :twisted:
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

um, jimbo sounds as good as he ever has. WOW
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

jackob2545 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 pm Stay strong nxrm! Still holding out here in the Pacific Northwest as well. Who all on here is waiting until the album drops for their first listen? We need to start a small support group!
liz wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:54 pm I'm waiting. I have no interest in listening to amateur recording. Its good to see a few of us have mental toughness.
\m/ - One day closer! It's only 107 days away now. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:28 am Part of Me was nailed. MJK sounds magnificent there.
Agreed. That was awesome to hear.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I went to the show in STL on Monday and it sounded great. They had to stop in the middle of parabola because I think Justin was rocking to hard and messed up lol. Adam walked over and started counting like he was making fun of him and and i think Justin gave him the bird, the whole band seemed to have fun with it. Starting the show with Ænema is weird, especially without the lasers, but it got the crowd going right out of the gate. I'm a little jealous about KC getting Part of Me but Intolerance was the highlight of my night. Seeing them again Friday in Des Monies and Sunday in Chicago so hopefully we get it one of those nights.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

MobileVortex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 am Seeing them again Friday in Des Monies and Sunday in Chicago...
Right on!
DTWAirport
Bronco's Fan

Post by DTWAirport »

Holy Crap...They did play PART OF ME. Another one I can cross off my list of never hearing live. No way it makes the cut for the Festival show. Guess I am heading to Iowa Friday.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Damn he really did kill it with Part of Me. Fuck.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I'm probably being daft but makes you wonder if he reads the stuff people say online/on here about him being past it or not being able to sing like that anymore, then thinks right I'll show them cunts and belts out part of me. Doubtful but ya never know.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Now the real question is, if he can still sing like that live is there gonna be anything like that on the new album?

We all heard that he sings clean all the way through so if that's true I wonder why? Maybe it's all about the mood of the songs and none of them have an angry vibe. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I am 100% content if the album is in fact "all clean" (I highly doubt it's that cut and dry but who knows) and this allowing him to still belt out some of the older stuff when they play live. I've heard him scream, and will in again in the live environment, I don't necessarily "need" it on a new album. What I do need is creativity and new territory, and given the two songs they've been playing, they've nailed that part.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

earthrocker wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:20 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:16 am My blood type is coopers pale ale. It's all I ever drink also. Such a great day when they released them in cans last year.
Craft beer has definitely taken off the last 10 years or so but Coopers has been around for over 150 years and is Australia's most successful independent all aussie owned brewery so its not a new fad by any stretch.

And yep Maynard fucking slayed in that which was awesome to hear. Makes me wonder though is his voice in much better condition than it's been or he hasn't been giving tool his all in protest of not having new songs. Hearing him sing the outsider for apc live he has no hesitation letting out a scream there so had wondered why tool doesn't ever get the same treatment
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:09 pm
earthrocker wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:20 am
Craft beer has definitely taken off the last 10 years or so but Coopers has been around for over 150 years and is Australia's most successful independent all aussie owned brewery so its not a new fad by any stretch.

And yep Maynard fucking slayed in that which was awesome to hear. Makes me wonder though is his voice in much better condition than it's been or he hasn't been giving tool his all in protest of not having new songs. Hearing him sing the outsider for apc live he has no hesitation letting out a scream there so had wondered why tool doesn't ever get the same treatment
He went through a period around 07-09 where his voice seemed to really be declining hard, and with any of the bands screams and any strained things were just non-existent. When they came back in NOLA in 2010 for that first show, it was truly like he was a brand new vocalist. I don't know what he figured out but it's working. I also noted that was the show where he began just openly drinking wine on stage so... who knows? Maybe he figured out his dosage haha.