Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

lukas wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:32 am strictly speaking, the album is not delayed. they announced it to come out on august 30th. it would be a delay if it didnt come out that day.
Depends on how much stock you give to Danny and Maynard's comments regarding the release window. It's hard to argue there was more than one official release date, but I know for a fact there are quite a few close to the band who expected it to be released before then.
novaconda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by novaconda »

tys0n wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:36 am When they release their package I'm gunna release my package
Like FedEx??
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Like Magic Mike
Canned audience laughter
novaconda

Post by novaconda »

tys0n wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:44 am Like Magic Mike
Beautiful.
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

ugh
*return to sender*
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Next day air, please. Insured, of course.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
specialk
Bronco's Fan

Post by specialk »

M0G wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:03 am
Word my dude I am right there with you I absolutely love these two songs I would drop 5 bucks on each song if they released em early on ITunes and Amazon. Obviously they won’t charge anything more than the standard price but fuck I would if I could get em early and it was an option.

As for quality dunno best I have found in terms of Descending on YouTube is probably from Anypath. Invincible a bunch around the same quality but I tend to just listen to the ToolArchive uploads because TA is good people and has done a great service to the community.
Hey, there are some KILLER versions of the two new songs on recordings up on the Tool Drive. :) Just saying!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

specialk wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:47 am Hey, there are some KILLER versions of the two new songs on recordings up on the Tool Drive. :) Just saying!
I'm sure there are, but I want to hear the fullness of the actual recording
GabesCaves

Post by GabesCaves »

hellboy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:11 am
lukas wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:32 am strictly speaking, the album is not delayed. they announced it to come out on august 30th. it would be a delay if it didnt come out that day.
Depends on how much stock you give to Danny and Maynard's comments regarding the release window. It's hard to argue there was more than one official release date, but I know for a fact there are quite a few close to the band who expected it to be released before then.
It's almost late may!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

101 days to go!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

GabesCaves wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:12 am
hellboy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:11 am
It's almost late may!
You must have missed the part where we talked about the album packaging probably causing the delay. Sounds like they expected to release before then but whatever goofy shit Adam is set on doing for unnecessary plastic is so elaborate it is likely going to take months to produce in enough quantities. As usual this shit is on Adam. If Captain Bizarro wasn’t trying to include a fucking rocket ship with the album art we would have likely got a June or July release.

Adam if by some happenstance you ever wander across this post you are a FUCKING DIPSHIT for delaying the release because of fucking artwork. Fuck album packaging in a digital age and fuck batteries. That’s right. FUCK Batteries.

Rant over
The most intelligent person on this forum
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

M0G wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:36 am and fuck batteries. That’s right. FUCK Batteries.
What batteries are you talking about, Mog? Did I miss something about the new album packaging design? Is it legit? Are they gonna make something like a Pink Floyd's "Pulse"? Batteries... WTF

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

M0G wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:36 am ... for unnecessary plastic..

Rant over
But it could be plastic AND cardboard. The high quality kind. Oooooooh and plexiglass! It's probably like a pop-up book with shitty carnival music. Or the call of a wookie.

Pathetic. Chewy needs to realize this isn't SW, we just need music. If he wants to release a limited edition package later on, fine. But I've got money right here to give to them and who knows what I could spend it on from now til Aug 30th.

I'm done, further rants are for the grudge.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

That was a great rant though, thanks MOG for making us smile while we wait.
I forgot my pen
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

baha. it could be batteries. O o

after setting up a european tour you think they would of made sure this was out by mid June at the latest. it comes across as unorganized and unprofessional in ways. i think most seeing them now figured it would be new material mostly. i feel bad for people that bought tickets expecting to hear mostly new stuff and didnt. 23 min of new tool is a blessing but still.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I'm not really that bothered about the wait at the minute. I thought I didn't care about the packaging then remembered how I used to enjoy looking at the new radiohead album artwork back around the time of Amnesiacs and Kid A, and wondered if whatever Tool have to offer might be just as intriguing.

I've stopped listening to the new songs cos I don't want to wear them out already but I definitely feel more chilled about waiting for the whole album now that I've actually heard new stuff.

Plus I'll get to see them live for the first time in about a month so that helps.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Same here Tool_User, i stopped listening to the news songs last week.
Btw i bought that red book edition Amnesiac on release day, i do love good packaging and cover and Lateralus is one of my favs along with most of the NiN stuff.
I forgot my pen
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

the packaging is crucial in my opinion. in this digital world its so easy to burn a cd from a friend, download a ripped version, send a file shared version of the album, etc etc.

special packaging does not insure, but makes it way more likely for you, me, average joe to go out and buy a physical copy and for the band to get their due (earned) money for their art and to keep that average joe from stealing from them. yes, stealing.

the band is going above and beyond with their packaging, while satisfying their fans and receiving more money for themselves.

it is a win, win for everyone involved.
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

Tool_User wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:45 pm I'm not really that bothered about the wait at the minute. I thought I didn't care about the packaging then remembered how I used to enjoy looking at the new radiohead album artwork back around the time of Amnesiacs and Kid A, and wondered if whatever Tool have to offer might be just as intriguing.

I've stopped listening to the new songs cos I don't want to wear them out already but I definitely feel more chilled about waiting for the whole album now that I've actually heard new stuff.

Plus I'll get to see them live for the first time in about a month so that helps.
We've been craving new tool for a loooooong time and just when we think the end is fucking nigh there's a "delay" likely caused by packaging. So fuck packaging, as Moggles said.

Have fun at your first Tool show. Seeing them in person fucks the shit out of seeing them on YouTube. Let us know how your experience was in the live forums.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

brewdog123 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:14 pm the packaging is crucial in my opinion. in this digital world its so easy to burn a cd from a friend, download a ripped version, send a file shared version of the album, etc etc.

special packaging does not insure, but makes it way more likely for you, me, average joe to go out and buy a physical copy and for the band to get their due (earned) money for their art and to keep that average joe from stealing from them. yes, stealing.

the band is going above and beyond with their packaging, while satisfying their fans and receiving more money for themselves.

Win win for who exactly? The minority of you people that still like plastic things that take up space? Nobody (in general terms the vast fucking majority) is going to steal the fucking album Tool fans have been waiting for 13 years everyone is going to buy the fucking album digitally your opinion holds absolutely no weight at all. And many of those people who will buy digitally will also buy a physical copy so they can see what goofy rocket ship quantum physics type shit Adam has wasted so much time on. I personally couldn't give a flying fuck about plastic or packaging but I will buy a copy for my father since I got him into Tool many years ago and he still likes goofy plastic discs. Fuck I will probably even buy a physical copy just because I am enjoying these new tunes so much and since Tool were not complete fucking cunts and left the youtube vids alone I will toss them a few extra bucks.

But please do not pull the steal album bullshit again. It is a digital world and it is fucking Tool and it has been fucking ages since 10,000 Days nobody is going to steal the fucking album. Christ the fucking thing will be on Apple Music I imagine and Spotify which people have subscriptions for.

Moreover while you are on the talking out of your ass train when we analyze COST, let us take a moment and think about what this packaging is likely costing Tool and the label and what the ceiling is in terms of what they can get away with charging for an actual CD. Got news for you I imagine they won't be making a huge margin on that fancy packaging.

If you like packaging with batteries and rocket ships good on you but please don't justify stupidity with stupidity.
Last edited by M0G on Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:45 pm I'm not really that bothered about the wait at the minute. I thought I didn't care about the packaging then remembered how I used to enjoy looking at the new radiohead album artwork back around the time of Amnesiacs and Kid A, and wondered if whatever Tool have to offer might be just as intriguing.

Fuck that I am listening to this shit every day. Take no chances in life. Car crashes heart attacks strokes earthquakes tornadoes poorly written game of thrones seasons anything can happen. I work off the principle that every day I wake up I got lucky and tomorrow is not guaranteed. I make no assumptions that I will be alive come August 30th. Life is chaos no one is watching out for you or watching over you there is no plan or no order and no reason it is all random. Grab onto whatever you can while you can and don't look back. Cherish these tunes.

As for seeing them for the first time that is crazy man I am old. I am super happy for you I hope it is everything you could have imagined and more and that it brings you immense happiness. Enjoy every minute of it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Whats a nubian?
Listen to All Them Witches
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

M0G wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:03 pm
brewdog123 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:14 pm the packaging is crucial in my opinion. in this digital world its so easy to burn a cd from a friend, download a ripped version, send a file shared version of the album, etc etc.

Win win for who exactly? The minority of you people that still like plastic things that take up space? Nobody (in general terms the vast fucking majority) is going to steal the fucking album Tool fans have been waiting for 13 years everyone is going to buy the fucking album digitally your opinion holds absolutely no weight at all. And many of those people who will buy digitally will also buy a physical copy so they can see what goofy rocket ship quantum physics type shit Adam has wasted so much time on. I personally couldn't give a flying fuck about plastic or packaging but I will buy a copy for my father since I got him into Tool many years ago and he still likes goofy plastic discs. Fuck I will probably even buy a physical copy just because I am enjoying these new tunes so much and since Tool were not complete fucking cunts and left the youtube vids alone I will toss them a few extra bucks.

But please do not pull the steal album bullshit again. It is a digital world and it is fucking Tool and it has been fucking ages since 10,000 Days nobody is going to steal the fucking album. Christ the fucking thing will be on Apple Music I imagine and Spotify which people have subscriptions for.

Moreover while you are on the talking out of your ass train when we analyze COST, let us take a moment and think about what this packaging is likely costing Tool and the label and what the ceiling is in terms of what they can get away with charging for an actual CD. Got news for you I imagine they won't be making a huge margin on that fancy packaging.

If you like packaging with batteries and rocket ships good on you but please don't justify stupidity with stupidity.
you are fucking delusional if you dont think people will download an album for free rather than pay $20 for. idiot.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

its not about a margin to pay extra for fancy packaging. it about getting people to just buy the album, period. you are the stupid one and keep proving it by ranting and raving
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ziggy23 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:13 am
M0G wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:36 am and fuck batteries. That’s right. FUCK Batteries.
What batteries are you talking about, Mog? Did I miss something about the new album packaging design? Is it legit? Are they gonna make something like a Pink Floyd's "Pulse"? Batteries... WTF

All rumors man. I sure hope not that PF packaging was cheesy as hell. Oh it was cool when I was a kid and it came out but now I look at it and cringe.