Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by GabesCaves »

Sorry, forgot to leave the /s off my late May comment.

I'll probably buy the digital version the day of the release anyway because I know I can find it online. If I can even find a CD store ( wtf is that??) I'd be nervous I wouldn't be able to find the Tool album behind all the Kanye albums.

Wasn't there going to be a virtual reality experience with this album?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

brewdog123 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:13 pm its not about a margin to pay extra for fancy packaging. it about getting people to just buy the album, period. you are the stupid one and keep proving it by ranting and raving
Everybody is going to buy the album they don't need justification they have been waiting 13 fucking years. Again this is Tool, this is their last full length album, people won't be stealing this in droves. It will sell insane amounts of digital copies, far more than than physical. Their back catalog is going to sell insane amounts of copies, again far more than physical. It is a digital world. Pay attention.
The most intelligent person on this forum
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

what year are you living in? you and I will buy it, but many others will happily download the megaupload link that gets sent around.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

GabesCaves wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm Sorry, forgot to leave the /s off my late May comment.

I'll probably buy the digital version the day of the release anyway because I know I can find it online. If I can even find a CD store ( wtf is that??) I'd be nervous I wouldn't be able to find the Tool album behind all the Kanye albums.

Wasn't there going to be a virtual reality experience with this album?
No virtual reality although christ with Adam who fucking knows but ultimately that would cost WAY too much for a physical release. No just a bunch of unnecessary over the top waste of space plastic and cardboard with I imagine some blinking lights and maybe some batteries. Again shit nobody cares about in 2019.

Anyhoo let's hope when all their shit does hit ITunes and Amazon that there are vids for The Pot and Opiate and the Opiate re-work. Would be such a shame if they never end up getting released.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I'm kinda hoping the packaging is just gonna be a montage of Mog rants from the last decade and angry photos of Maynard giving the finger to his fans.
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

brewdog123 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:17 pm what year are you living in? you and I will buy it, but many others will happily download the megaupload link that gets sent around.
2019 where there are 400 different fucking streaming services and online purchasing options. It's Tool, Tool fans have been waiting 13 years. And even Joe Casual won't be stealing the album. Moreover those that won't but it from ITunes or Amazon, again, likely have Apple Music or Spotify or Pandora and the album will be there, so again, pirating won't be a huge option.

Moreover I don't imagine, given the move to digital, that they will even print the same amount of physical copies they did with past releases particularly given that there are very few places that still sell CDs. It is a digital world. People buy most of their music digitally. Did you hear any complaints from APC about people stealing Eat the Elephant? Of course not. APC fans bought the album or paid for a streaming service and listened to the album there. Get your head out of your ass.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 pm I'm kinda hoping the packaging is just gonna be a montage of Mog rants from the last decade and angry photos of Maynard giving the finger to his fans.
Now that I would buy multiple copies of. I would sign them all sell them on EBay for mad cash. Maybe make a youtube rant channel Angry Joe style and retire early spending my days bitching about music, movies and games.

This could work out perfectly Busty!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I honestly don't see how they can't do it to be honest mate.

Be kinda ironic too, seeing as you're ranting about the delays on packaging but the packaging is actually about you. Bit of a life lesson for all of us there if you ask me
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:35 pm I honestly don't see how they can't do it to be honest mate.

Be kinda ironic too, seeing as you're ranting about the delays on packaging but the packaging is actually about you. Bit of a life lesson for all of us there if you ask me
Busty going all philosophical now who is the nerd? ;)

Go check out that author I recommended you would love it.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

im not going to argue your absurd point.

when something cost $20 is on one shelf and on the shelf next to it, it says take one for free. where are the majority going to reach for?

this is rhetorical
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

brewdog123 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:41 pm im not going to argue your absurd point.

when something cost $20 is on one shelf and on the shelf next to it, it says take one for free. where are the majority going to reach for?

this is rhetorical
Hey it's 1999 Napster is calling get the fuck out of here you are talking out of your ass. The majority of people buy their music digitally and with a band like Tool people are not looking to steal their music.

Again I have no issue if you like or want packaging but your logic is completely fucked on the theft issue. If Tool were super concerned about this they wouldn't be putting their entire back catalog up on digital streaming services and making them available for digital purchase. It is called getting with the times.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

M0G wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:40 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:35 pm I honestly don't see how they can't do it to be honest mate.

Busty going all philosophical now who is the nerd? ;)

Go check out that author I recommended you would love it.
Will do just not right now. If i don't come back to ya on it , remind me in a month or so.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 pm Did you hear any complaints from APC about people stealing Eat the Elephant? Of course not. APC fans bought the album or paid for a streaming service and listened to the album there. Get your head out of your ass.
I downloaded a copy off the internet for free
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:27 pm
M0G wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 pm Did you hear any complaints from APC about people stealing Eat the Elephant? Of course not. APC fans bought the album or paid for a streaming service and listened to the album there. Get your head out of your ass.
I downloaded a copy off the internet for free
And you pay monthly for a streaming service that includes Eat the Elephant. You paid. That is the point and you know it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I don't pay for shit, I reuse burner emails and get subscriptions for free.
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:33 pm I don't pay for shit, I reuse burner emails and get subscriptions for free.
Again, the point, you have a subscription. Again, the point, THE VAST MAJORITY WILL PURCHASE the new Tool album digitally AND purchase a physical copy. THE VAST MAJORITY are not interested in pirating or stealing the music. You know exactly what point I am making and are being a contrarian and you are too smart for that shit.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Mog shut the fuck the up and stop assuming everything.
You. Know. Nothing.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

brewdog123 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:01 pm Mog shut the fuck the up and stop assuming everything.
You. Know. Nothing.
Nope. If you are going to make idiotic fucking statements don't get your feelings hurt when you get called out for being an idiot.

Tool are not creating absurdly ornate album packaging to curtail piracy. THEY ARE PUTTING THEIR ENTIRE FUCKING CATALOGUE UP ON EVERY SINGLE DIGITAL PLATFORM OUT THERE YOU DIPSHIT. That has been CONFIRMED.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Easy easy fellas. There are threads for bickering. Let's all sit in a circle and talk about butter and sing "Maynard's Dick"

I'll pirate the album but I'll also buy the CD and vinyl if it comes out. Why? Cuz fuck iTunes/Amazon/whatever-the-shit-else. That's why. Let's all just disagree to agree.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:12 pm Easy easy fellas. There are threads for bickering. Let's all sit in a circle and talk about butter and sing "Maynard's Dick"

I'll pirate the album but I'll also buy the CD and vinyl if it comes out. Why? Cuz fuck iTunes/Amazon/whatever-the-shit-else. That's why. Let's all just disagree to agree.
Fair enough but I am not singing Maynard's Dick. What is option 2?
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

There is no option 2. I suppose we could just let whatever happens....happen.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Wow, M0G is angry to day.

All I wish for is a bit more transparency. That there's a delay isn't a huge issue for me, I wish the band would make some kind of statement around the album release, rather than just a date at their live shows.

It's clear that Tool are all about packaging. It's not a piracy thing (there's little doubt they will release digitally). It's more about the user experience. Not everyone wants that experience, which I understand, but I don't see Tool prioritising the digital experience over the physical one.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

I think more about incentive than anything, incentive to spend a little extra and your receive a physical copy and and user experience that is heightened. Win, win
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:24 pm
No just a bunch of unnecessary over the top waste of space plastic and cardboard with I imagine some blinking lights and maybe some batteries. Again shit nobody cares about in 2019.

Hear, hear!

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

snazzl3frass wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:12 pm
There are threads for bickering.

Not on this forum there aren't.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris