Post by tys0n »

tys0n wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:59 pm Bran wins it all anyway zzzzzzzz
lol
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)

Post by M0G »

Yep the leaks have been spot on all season my god did they butcher everything. I still cannot fathom why D&D didn’t take the 10 episodes HBO offered once again they smashed so much into one episode in a completely unbelievable way.

When Jon killed Dany my god shit would have hit the fan the Unsullied and Dothraki would have went apeshit and there would have been a battle with the Northmen on the spot they never would have just taken him prisoner.

And the Jon/Dany scene. 10 minutes earlier he is talking to Tyrion still uncertain and leaning to loyalty to the queen and he decides in that one conversation with Dany he is going to kill her? You have to build up to that moment again everything just rushed in the worst way possible I cannot wrap my brain around how badly written this season was.

I am completely disgusted right now. I knew from the leaks what was coming but I just can’t believe how bad that last episode was.
The most intelligent person on this forum
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I like how Drogon melted the throne, and thus made a wheelchair ramp for Bran. Good on Sansa, damn that actress is fine. Glad Jon and Ghost got reunited. What would have been better, if the Night King showed up right before it cut to end credits.

It's ok Mog, we still have the books to look forward to.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:52 pm I like how Drogon melted the throne, and thus made a wheelchair ramp for Bran. Good on Sansa, damn that actress is fine. Glad Jon and Ghost got reunited. What would have been better, if the Night King showed up right before it cut to end credits.

It's ok Mog, we still have the books to look forward to.
Maybe we have the books if Martin actually gets them done....Maybe...

What a mess. The only small smile I had was John getting to meet up with Ghost again. At least they made that right
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

If he croaks, they'll be out. Apparently he's been working with ghost writers just in case he dies before he finishes them.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:39 pm If he croaks, they'll be out. Apparently he's been working with ghost writers just in case he dies before he finishes them.
Martin did an interview recently stating the series ending is basically the book ending. He did say a number of secondary characters and plots will be different. And of course obviously it will be properly developed. D&D have been working off his outline so I didn't expect the ending to be much different than what Martin has planned I just really hope he expands on the White Walkers and Three Eyed Raven connection/storyline so the Battle of Winterfell is done properly. Obviously we all know this story is fundamentally about Jon and Dany (Ice and Fire) and the Knight King is NOT in the books so I am a little concerned about how Martin is going to handle that element.

The Dany character arc and plot development I am not concerned about he has plenty of time over the final two books to properly develop her descent into madness. I don't expect any of that to be an issue. Again it is the War with the Dead that I am concerned with. I am also curious about how he handles the Euron character as Martin has built him up to be a much more powerful character than what was portrayed in the tv show.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:39 pm If he croaks, they'll be out. Apparently he's been working with ghost writers just in case he dies before he finishes them.
What frustrates me is the fucking guy has a piss poor work ethic. He does conventions and a million interviews and seems to do everything but work on the books. Thank goodness most professional authors don't do this shit. I mean in a huge series/huge book I am willing to give an author a little bit of a break, particularly if the communication is good. But when communication is shit and we start getting 4, 5, years between books that is a huge fucking problem.

I know if I was going to write a series I would write the entire thing in it's entirety before I ever even submitted it to publishers so they can release a book every year which is the norm for most publishing schedules in multi-volume series. Plus I would want the fans to KNOW they have a complete story. I would never be the kind of cunt to hook them and then dangle them along while I sit and jerk it and get nothing done.
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

I am looking forward to the detail and definitely will explain more about Bran-berry and the WWs. Also, remember in the books all stark kids have some form of warg powers. That will be an interesting plot line and one I wish they did in the show but that would have required more time.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:34 pm
What frustrates me is the fucking guy has a piss poor work ethic.
He seems pretty busy to me

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019 ... an-ending/
And me? I’m still here, and I’m still busy. As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two at Hulu, one on the History Channel. I’m involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others. There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced. I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan. And then there’s Meow Wolf…
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:30 pm
M0G wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:34 pm
What frustrates me is the fucking guy has a piss poor work ethic.
He seems pretty busy to me

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019 ... an-ending/
And me? I’m still here, and I’m still busy. As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two at Hulu, one on the History Channel. I’m involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others. There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced. I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan. And then there’s Meow Wolf…
Oh look a bunch of shit that doesn’t have a fucking thing to do with finishing the series he has made millions off of. But just to make YOU feel better I will change it up...

George R.R. Martin, as an author, has a poor work ethic and gets side tracked by numerous other projects that have nothing to do with his actual profession. About the only author recently who is worse than Martin when it comes to finishing books is Patrick Rothfuss.

Note to any aspiring writer working on any multi-volume series...FINISH the entire fucking thing before you try to get published. Your fans will respect you far more if they know there is an actual conclusion to the story and they won’t have to wait 5+ years between books.
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

Especially since he said he was gonna lock himself in his writing hole until the Winds of Winter was finished. Maybe he ran out of food? I think maybe we're repeating ourself with our criticism, Mog. Similar vein to our rants about Tool a few years ago. That said, who cares; finish the damn books Georgie boy.

I'm looking forward to the documentary on Sunday more than the Finale, myself.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass wrote: I think maybe we're repeating ourself with our criticism, Mog. Similar vein to our rants about Tool a few years ago
Fair observation methinks. It has been a good run and there were some good moments this season.
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

Yeah it was a good run. Everything (other than season 8 writing) was top notch: Casting, acting, visual effects, cinematics, etc. As my wife always says, it was a fun ride.
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

Also: "Best 23 seconds of my life."
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

What did y'all think of the documentary? I like how they focused on the production team. Sure can't say much for the writers, but the rest of the crew are top notch!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm done with GoT so watching a documentary on it is something I'm not keen on.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:09 pm What did y'all think of the documentary? I like how they focused on the production team. Sure can't say much for the writers, but the rest of the crew are top notch!
Watched parts of it was nice to see from the production team and extras perspective. Everyone involved minus the writers have done an incredible job.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

For those of you Game of Thrones fans if you are looking for something to read that has the kind of scope and scale of GoT I highly recommend Tad Williams’s Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series. The writing itself is exceptional and Martin has mentioned that William’s story was very influential on him writing Game of Thrones. MS&T is one the very best works of epic fantasy ever written. It is somewhat traditional in that it is a coming of age tale but not the typical Bildungsroman story you see in fantasy. The prose is superb without being overly flowery or dense. Plot, pacing, world building character development all top notch. It is a trilogy but the books are all very large, particularly book three which is over 1100 pages in hardback and was split into two parts in paper back. One of the largest novels ever written at over 520,000 words.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Sounds like one of your Tool rants
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Just read the Ice Dragon from George. It has an beginning and an ending. In one book. And is actually quite good as a mini Ice & Fire.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:15 am Sounds like one of your Tool rants
About right
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

This pretty much nails it.

Ki77aan :twisted:
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Kittaan wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:44 am This pretty much nails it.

Yep
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

"Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Martin remarked he’s not “feeling the pressure” to finish the book as much as he was when Game of Thrones was on the air."
Canned audience laughter
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

What a Chöd
SteveBobSteve