The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:49 pm
M0G wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:32 pm
liz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:19 pm
I think that you are unwilling to empathise with Maynard. Loathing his behaviour is part of your shtick.
Na this isn't a shtick moment I would never wear a jacket from one of my other bands if I was performing with my current band (if I was in a band etc etc) It is disrespectful to the other members of Tool. Fuck Maynard for being an asshole
Seeing as his riot gear costume was apparently a gag around being the whipping boy about the delayed album , I took the Puscifer jacket as an extension of that.

Basically a massive fuck you to all the Toolios out there that get their knickers in a knot about his side projects and how they have been blamed for the album delays. Given your reaction to him wearing the jacket, I'd say it worked if this is the case.

And Salival logo ftw
Excellent point. I'd go so far as to speculate he's been following Mog on Fourtheye and this is a personal "fuck you". :twisted:
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Im' still hopeful as I've said here before that there's a Hooker with a penis part 2 song on the album and its aimed at Mog & the album artwork is nothing but a collage of epic mog rants over the last decade. Our own little piece of fourth eye sprinkled over the new album.
Listen to All Them Witches
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

^ I like that interpretation. Joke may be on me for taking it literally.

...don’t forget the chode logo
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

M0G wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:20 pm
Because he is a pretentious cunt that cannot for a second put his ego aside and let anything just be completely about Tool. He wore that fucking jacket during the recent tours fuck that shit it's Tool time not Puscifer time
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:02 pm
Im' still hopeful as I've said here before that there's a Hooker with a penis part 2 song on the album and its aimed at Mog & the album artwork is nothing but a collage of epic mog rants over the last decade. Our own little piece of fourth eye sprinkled over the new album.

The history of MOG rants: 2006 - 2019

The saga continues, wu-tang, wu-tang
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Haha great album title!! I honestly reckon you deserve this recognition Mog. You're dedication to your craft with some absolutely incredible rants this last decade has been inspiring and commendable to say the least!
Listen to All Them Witches
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Best eye?
1 ocular orifice
2 flaming horus
3 net of being
4 priest
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Ocular orfice!

I'm an Aneima fanboy
Canned audience laughter
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:02 pm Im' still hopeful as I've said here before that there's a Hooker with a penis part 2 song on the album and its aimed at Mog & the album artwork is nothing but a collage of epic mog rants over the last decade. Our own little piece of fourth eye sprinkled over the new album.
Funny- I saw MJK and his dad at Merkin Cottonwood last Thanksgiving time. Didn’t consider approaching. My buddy laughed afterwards that we’ll see an ironic Hooker pt2 about this bitch who hid at Merkin. Then chode dropped with Coward opening track..
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:16 pm I like 1996

So much lost time :(
Gotta give it to them, they are all great. If this is their last album a new dick wrench would be a good way to close it out I guess.

I don’t think this is the last of them though. I think this is the start of something new
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah, it's called retirement
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ziggy23 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:09 pm
M0G wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:20 pm
Because he is a pretentious cunt that cannot for a second put his ego aside and let anything just be completely about Tool. He wore that fucking jacket during the recent tours fuck that shit it's Tool time not Puscifer time
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:02 pm

The history of MOG rants: 2006 - 2019

The saga continues, wu-tang, wu-tang
:lol: love it

@Busty - ty sir I have worked hard at my craft these last 8-9 years. Gotta get a few more good ones in before the album actually drops and I have nothing left to complain about and I go all fanboy over how good the new album is
The most intelligent person on this forum
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

If it is their last real full length album then perhaps they can finally release the live DVD's, the movie, the videoclips and unused material from their career. Which all in all would take another 20 years to complete with releasing.

Now about that GRRM rant : I really hated the fact he wrote a novella on his blog about that voting bitching and whatsever about these bookprizes a year or two ago.
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

I have completely forgotten the Lateralus logo.

Given the previous evolution, the next one might just be some nested circles.
... They are going from dick logo to boob logo, aren't they?
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I still remember watching the Schism video on MTV and running to the record store to buy Lateralus, i was a kid. So i’m all for the Lateralus Logo.

I got home popped in the CD and boom The Grudge,i got Aenima the next week and invited my friends over to introduce them to Tool, minds were blown that night.

I bet i’m one of the few here who was an APC fan before being a Tool fan because i saw on 56K internet that APC were opening for NIN and bought Mers Des Nommes.
I forgot my pen
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Saw this earlier today, but never got around to posting. Surprised no one has noticed it yet....

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 pm Ocular orfice!
Absolutely
tys0n wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 pmI'm an Aneima fanboy
Same here
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:59 am Saw this earlier today, but never got around to posting. Surprised no one has noticed it yet....
If those stills on his Instagram are from a tool video, I’m pumped. CGI vicarious left me wanting old school tool bizzaro vids that give me nightmares
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

ziggy23 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 am
tys0n wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 pm Ocular orfice!
Absolutely
tys0n wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 pmI'm an Aneima fanboy
Same here
They were something industrial and sinister with Aenima and all it's surrounding imagery, the mystery was massive with this band at this point, Lateralus blew the wheels off and all subtlety and darkness was gone.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

snazzl3frass wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:21 am
hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:59 am Saw this earlier today, but never got around to posting. Surprised no one has noticed it yet....
If those stills on his Instagram are from a tool video, I’m pumped. CGI vicarious left me wanting old school tool bizzaro vids that give me nightmares
I think the tag suggesting it's a live video is accurate in this case. The symmetry of the video, as well as the large gap for the heptagram would lend it to being a backdrop for a future new song I think
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I think that jacket is pretty awesome. Maybe he just likes it? To me his current stage outfit seems "unfinished" cant wait to see if it changes this fall.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

2 months from today
will be 5 days away
No CD player to play
Usually comes out in May
But Tool holds sway
over my mind every day.
This poem is gay
But I'm desperate in a way
To make time move
faster than yesterday
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Awesome! Another Hailstone video we won't ever get to see. Maybe some of us will see two thirds of it in 5-6 years!

Check out his other stuff. Very reminiscent of Tool's old creepiness. I like it.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:56 am
snazzl3frass wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:21 am
I think the tag suggesting it's a live video is accurate in this case. The symmetry of the video, as well as the large gap for the heptagram would lend it to being a backdrop for a future new song I think
Hey Junior, how involved are you with these videos/live images. Are you involved during the process, or do you just get new imagery and put it up to whatever song it may be for?
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Remember that famous baseball pitch? when is the last time BMB said anything about that? 2015?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:16 pm Haha great album title!! I honestly reckon you deserve this recognition Mog. You're dedication to your craft with some absolutely incredible rants this last decade has been inspiring and commendable to say the least!
Your a good dude Busty!