Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

pre gaming, gosh
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Just so you know I'm feeling a little intimidated and unwelcome by your post Tyson.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

bob wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:10 am i think the lyrics are a little overly dramatic (maynard, diva). its not like they've been gone for 13 years. i can give that credit though, it could be the last album with new material taking that long. its not like there using walkers or something. ok, M did have a hip replacement, dude has weak bones. On Joe Rogan he said he broke both his wrists doing his Jiu-Jitsu stuff a few or so years back. both of those things at his age is a little concerning. he should be a dairy farmer instead of making wine :)
I'm really looking forward to your insightful review of the whole album, Bob. This is a joke, right?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

liz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:42 am Just so you know I'm feeling a little intimidated and unwelcome by your post Tyson.
Ah, poor Liz! I feel your pain. I think Tysun’s behaviour (sic) is atrocious and outrageous. He continually badgers, belittles and bullies the kind and gentle denizens of FourthEye. What is to be done?!?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

liz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:05 am I think its rather amusing that TooL fans (who often like to often pride themselves on their insightful and clever natures) think that other TooL fans are quite simply gullible fawning idiots and like to bait them with the obviously made up or ridiculous.
When I grow up I want to be, one of the harvesters of the sea.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Kittaan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:30 am
liz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:42 am Just so you know I'm feeling a little intimidated and unwelcome by your post Tyson.
Ah, poor Liz! I feel your pain. I think Tysun’s behaviour (sic) is atrocious and outrageous. He continually badgers, belittles and bullies the kind and gentle denizens of FourthEye. What is to be done?!?
Act like a moderator should and ignore these feeble things. Moderators should strife for ultimate world domination.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Bill Hilly wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:05 am
bob wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:10 am i think the lyrics are a little overly dramatic (maynard, diva). its not like they've been gone for 13 years. i can give that credit though, it could be the last album with new material taking that long. its not like there using walkers or something. ok, M did have a hip replacement, dude has weak bones. On Joe Rogan he said he broke both his wrists doing his Jiu-Jitsu stuff a few or so years back. both of those things at his age is a little concerning. he should be a dairy farmer instead of making wine :)
I'm really looking forward to your insightful review of the whole album, Bob. This is a joke, right?
no, its not a joke. time for some reddit maybe ? have some milk dude!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:38 pm From reddit -

My best friend has a close relationship with Danny. Danny is close friends with my friends father and thankfully a few days ago invited my buddy and me to the studio to jam the album. I'm grateful that was invited to come Along. Danny had a personal file of the album on disc and btw was a really cool sweet dude. I was extremely nervous to hear it, I have been a huge fan since I was younger. Before playing the album the great man himself showed us the album art "which is beautiful" and told us a bit about the process that went in to making the record. Told us they had spent years making the album and had discarded about 3 albums worth of material to get the right feel and sound that they wanted. So we listened to the record and I was floored for a couple of the tracks. Desending/invincible sound fantastic and have parts that are not in the live versions that have been out. I'm excited for you guys/ladies to hear them! And there was another track that was one of the best I've ever heard from the band. A long track it was a journey man. Beautiful ambient yet brutal and heavy at the same time it blew my mind... Quite possibly the best track they have ever written. But to be completely honest and no disrespect to the band the rest of the album did not hit me quite as hard. Idk it was really samey throughout and had parts that were extremely reminiscent of other tracks from previous albums. It's like the album just sort of all blended together to the point it all sounded a little to alike for its own good. I'm not saying it was bad there were some great parts in a few other tracks but it was just missing that spark to my ears... It just got a little to much alike. Their were alot of softer and ambient parts of songs mixed in and it was really cool tho. I'm not trying to spoil the album for you and give you any more details, I also need to hear it again when it is released. It was good but I honestly felt like it could of been better. especially after all these years and the time they took to work on it. I can't sit on here and talk anymore about it and give any more details I just wanted to give a brief sort of review of the album that I heard for the first time for you guys.

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

By now I am a little bit surprised that we haven't got any intel on the album. Even for Tool-Standards it seems weird to have zero promotion 7 weeks prior to the release. Especially since it's such a big thing for the industry. Deftones, Metallica, APC, Smashing Pumpkins all released singles and album titles MONTHs before they came out. But here we are talking about a few weeks. There is nothing.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

A few weeks? It's almost two months.

I've said it numerous times, but if we were to apply a current and relevant release to the same timeline: Rammstein's recent album was given a formal release date and single 6 weeks in advance. There was a partial tracklist, and the album title wasn't really confirmed until a week before.

By comparison from Tool we have a release date and two preview tracks (albeit live versions) MONTHS before the due date.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Month or Months?

#askingforafriend :lol:
Listen to All Them Witches
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:31 am Rammstein's recent album was given a formal release date and single 6 weeks in advance. There was a partial tracklist, and the album title wasn't really confirmed until a week before.
i missed that. good point.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bah apologist drivel no reason whatsoever an official announcement has not been made. The album is not self-titled it is not called Chod it has two songs we know of so far called Descending and Invincible. Announce the fucking album title and pre-order date. The manufacturing process of packaging and CDs will be done in the next few weeks to get everything ready for world wide shipment so it hits stores on August 30th. No reason whatsoever for continued radio silence. Make the fucking announcement so we have a digital pre-order date and for fucks sake if we pre-order make Descending and Invincible available for immediate download.

Fucking LED lights and Batteries and bullshit what a fucking goddamn waste of time.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I'm still betting on further delays considering what I'm hearing and what's already been said an done so don't hold your breath for August 30th. That was never set in stone maynard said himself never believe a single word he says.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:39 pm I'm still betting on further delays considering what I'm hearing and what's already been said an done so don't hold your breath for August 30th. That was never set in stone maynard said himself never believe a single word he says.
Nothing would surprise me at this point with Tool. Group of dudes in their 50s who are acting like this is the first time they have released an album. Pathetic
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Point to the doll for me whereabouts tool touched you inappropriately please Mr Mog?
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

He's more of a jaded ex that can't let go
Canned audience laughter
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

seems like maybe one day he asked them for an autograph and Maynard said no
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:44 pm Bah apologist drivel no reason whatsoever an official announcement has not been made. The album is not self-titled it is not called Chod it has two songs we know of so far called Descending and Invincible. Announce the fucking album title and pre-order date. The manufacturing process of packaging and CDs will be done in the next few weeks to get everything ready for world wide shipment so it hits stores on August 30th. No reason whatsoever for continued radio silence. Make the fucking announcement so we have a digital pre-order date and for fucks sake if we pre-order make Descending and Invincible available for immediate download.

Fucking LED lights and Batteries and bullshit what a fucking goddamn waste of time.
Are you triggered? I didn't apologise for anyone, merely pointing out the lay of the land.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

There is a possibility that Eat the Elephant has more screaming in it than the new Tool album. :lol: :lol:

I kid. I kid. Kinda..
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

ziggy23 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:31 pm
Jesus made wine, asshole! Jesus Louisus
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

PulsedHalo wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:16 pm There is a possibility that Eat the Elephant has more screaming in it than the new Tool album. :lol: :lol:

I kid. I kid. Kinda..
I know you're kidding, but EtE has about the same levels of "screaming" as Descending and Invincible do.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:27 pm
PulsedHalo wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:16 pm There is a possibility that Eat the Elephant has more screaming in it than the new Tool album. :lol: :lol:

I kid. I kid. Kinda..
I know you're kidding, but EtE has about the same levels of "screaming" as Descending and Invincible do.
It does? The last 5 seconds of The Doomed and the Chorus of Talk, Talk has way more screaming. IMHO.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I really thought the vocals on ETE were excellent. Maynard really using his voice as an instrument. I am expecting some “screams” from Maynard but most likely extreme highs and lows to play off each other.
All well Whatever, Nevermind