The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten + 3 Years, Shmen + 3 Years)

Post by ziggy23 »

It's been 13 years!!!! So it's never too far. Now release the kraken.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Since there is literally NO news and I don’t really expect any until Maybe the 20th. I want to ask a couple questions about some things that kind of “bug”me.

The Opiate video/re-recorded version?
Are they waiting until their record contact is up I mean WTF is the reason it’s not out?

Curveball?
Did I miss the answer?

Problem 8?
With this album possibly!

Reissues of any previous albums?

Live album?

Streaming??

10,000 Days Vinyl?

Where did those lyrics for Viginti Tres come from?

I’m aware no one other than TOOL know but all these things seams done or very possible and basically every other band in the world has done most of those things in their career. One can hope I guess.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

the opiate reissue is so funny, i just realised couple of days ago while surfing on discogs.com that the opiate stuff with the new image and previous news from them in the studio re-recording and playing it live etc, so this disc has the exact old version of the track :D:D:D:D:D its.. i dont even know what is it... :D its probably sitting on a shelf with the pot video
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Shed523 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:43 am

A James Bond film (The Man With The Golden Gun specifically)
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Shed523 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:43 am Since there is literally NO news and I don’t really expect any until Maybe the 20th. I want to ask a couple questions about some things that kind of “bug”me.

The Opiate video/re-recorded version?
Are they waiting until their record contact is up I mean WTF is the reason it’s not out?

Curveball?
Did I miss the answer?

Problem 8?
With this album possibly!

Reissues of any previous albums?

Live album?

Streaming??

10,000 Days Vinyl?

I’m aware no one other than TOOL know but all these things seams done or very possible and basically every other band in the world has done most of those things in their career. One can hope I guess.
It's Tool they are lazy as fuck. Opiate vid/new version who knows. Pot vid who knows. Live DVD who knows. Their catalog is confirmed going up on streaming and digital platforms, but as to when, who knows. Well of course Tool know but they can't be bothered to communicate basic information. It is all smoke and mirror mystery magic tour bullshit.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

Well, if who knows, maybe we can ask pete townshend.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Raffa D wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:20 pm Well, if who knows, maybe we can ask pete townshend.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

the opiate reissue is so funny, i just realised couple of days ago while surfing on discogs.com that the opiate stuff with the new image, this disc has the exact old version of the track :D:D:D:D:D
this was the first time i started thinking these guys are milking it and charging out the ass for stuff that isnt that good. it came in a cardboard cheap sleeve. the USB stick that came with it, people said felt like it was going to break cause it was so flimsy and shit. 150 bucks for that.

it was signed which is good but not good enough for something like this. 5 diff versions too with diff colours a bit i think? and slightly diff sigils in them. nothing of importance. make your own sigils that have more personal meanings to you.

and a video for Opiate. a song thats 27 years old that only VIPs/500 US got to see half of. they havent lost touch with reality, right ?
Last edited by bob on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Yep you nailed it Bob pure cash grab easy money pathetic how Toolios jumped all over that shit. Not to mention that Golden ticket shit that took years to get figured out.

Tool milks it’s fan base and the fans open mouth bend over and hand over their wallets
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Oh please, what other band sells high quality blankets?
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

sadly its true sometimes! i think there was some people that wanted all 5 versions too. :S not sure how that worked out but i hope they came to their senses!

the blankets! i forgot about that! i can even take a pass on that one..werent they fairly good quality ? im not sure. the Opiate re-release never sat right with me. right from the start.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:59 am
the blankets! i forgot about that! i can even take a pass on that one..werent they fairly good quality ?
Just unsold tshirts stitched into blankets :lol:

Also lol at anyone who got the reissue of Opiate, it wasn't even remastered and didn't contain a lick of new music
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I seem to remember a TooL snuggie somewhere along the line. Now that would be totally worthwhile.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I have a Tool snuggie, though they were never for general sale I believe (mine is from a crew member who sold it on ebay)
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Just release the whole Tool catalogue digitally, you lazy fuckers.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Another day, another uninformative post from Blair.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Boldizar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:06 am Another day, another uninformative post from Blair.
Are you surprised? Album is out in a month and a half and all is silent. Sad shit. No album title no pre-order date nothing. Same old shit from Tool part of why I can't stand them. They make some of the best music around and they are superb live but from a business professionalism standpoint they are a fucking joke.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm
Boldizar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:06 am Another day, another uninformative post from Blair.
Are you surprised? Album is out in a month and a half and all is silent. Sad shit. No album title no pre-order date nothing. Same old shit from Tool part of why I can't stand them. They make some of the best music around and they are superb live but from a business professionalism standpoint they are a fucking joke.
Nah, just hoping that they'll get their asses in gear one of these days and remember how to be professional. I really don't understand how they are so bad at this.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Boldizar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:43 pm
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm
Nah, just hoping that they'll get their asses in gear one of these days and remember how to be professional. I really don't understand how they are so bad at this.
I have wondered the same thing myself many times my friend. They get away with it because the music is excellent and the fans let them. I can't say much as I am a hypocrite because as much as I can't stand how they operate I am impatiently waiting for August 30th. Very few bands could pull the shit Tool does and maintain a fan base.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Pretty much every popular band that has been around over 25 years can pull the shit Tool does and still have a fan base.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Apologist bullshit belongs in the Tool thread I am sure Children is ready to have another conversation about how Tool's next album is going to stop global warming and elevate the collective human spirit that is right up your ally

Fuck Tool
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

We're talking about a band who paused mid-way through a recording session to play a few festival shows and fill time with VIP events. What kind of planning was that? I legitimately thought we were going to get the Opiate video release to at least give us something new and small the chew on for awhile, especially after I saw part of the damn thing and Adam said the plan was to put it out BEFORE the new album, I am stupid haha.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

To be fair, releasing fewer record would decrease their carbon footprint
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

How many times do you think Maynard has farted into a microphone in the past 13 years? That can’t be good for the environment.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Boldizar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:10 pm We're talking about a band who paused mid-way through a recording session to play a few festival shows and fill time with VIP events. What kind of planning was that? I legitimately thought we were going to get the Opiate video release to at least give us something new and small the chew on for awhile, especially after I saw part of the damn thing and Adam said the plan was to put it out BEFORE the new album, I am stupid haha.
Remember when Danny boy said back in like 2013 they wouldn’t tour again until after the new album was released? “Ah shit you got me fellas!”
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.