Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
bob
Toast

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob »

by MobileVortex » July 16th, 2019, 8:11 pm

I believe this is Tool's youtube page. It doesn't have any content on it tho. It was briefly listed in the "socials" tab of toolband.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1wUo- ... Q/featured

ah cool. thanks! i didnt know about that. they are going full digital it looks. no content yet like you said but i wonder what they will do with it if its really them.

i always thought all the videos would get a complete release on one disc or set or whtaever but as time goes on physical anything is becoming less of a thing. think of it that way too, they almost or did miss out on an entire format,Bluray is fading out.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

bob wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 pm
Bluray is fading out.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

streaming dude! samsung pulled the plug on blu ray players already. i suppose it wont be gone gone..dvds are still around sorta but streaming is the cool new thing. ha
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

:-)
I forgot my pen
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

How is this even news? And for what it’s worth why is a 55 year old man acting childish like that on social media? Who cares if Bieber likes Tool was there a need for Maynard to even respond?

Maybe it is just me I simply do not understand social media. I have never had any social media accounts at all I don’t even comment on YouTube videos. I despise social media. The ONLY upside to social media is for raising awareness on social issues in nations where communication and information is limited and blocked. Beyond that I don’t give a fuck about what some random person has to say on anything. Christ there are probably less than 20 people in total alive today on this planet whose opinion has any relevance to me at all.
The most intelligent person on this forum
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:29 pm How is this even news? And for what it’s worth why is a 55 year old man acting childish like that on social media? Who cares if Bieber likes Tool was there a need for Maynard to even respond?

Maybe it is just me I simply do not understand social media. I have never had any social media accounts at all I don’t even comment on YouTube videos. I despise social media. The ONLY upside to social media is for raising awareness on social issues in nations where communication and information is limited and blocked. Beyond that I don’t give a fuck about what some random person has to say on anything. Christ there are probably less than 20 people in total alive today on this planet whose opinion has any relevance to me at all.
#Bummer you feel that way.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

bob wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 pm
by MobileVortex » July 16th, 2019, 8:11 pm

I believe this is Tool's youtube page. It doesn't have any content on it tho. It was briefly listed in the "socials" tab of toolband.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1wUo- ... Q/featured

ah cool. thanks! i didnt know about that. they are going full digital it looks. no content yet like you said but i wonder what they will do with it if its really them.

i always thought all the videos would get a complete release on one disc or set or whtaever but as time goes on physical anything is becoming less of a thing. think of it that way too, they almost or did miss out on an entire format,Bluray is fading out.
Tool has missed out on a number of things. But who knows after they release the album and the contract is done maybe the floodgates open and they release all kinds of shit.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

yep! this one was up your alley a bit too Mog, being you hate anything non digital now or whatever. :S ha.

it was a bit sad yesterday. i saw someone post on FB his wife is a hair dresser and one of her clients was hoping to hear the new tool album before he died. (he had cancer) poor bloke got to hear the two new ones but recently passed away. thats a bummer and i remember you talking about such things a bit ago :/
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:29 pm Christ there are probably less than 20 people in total alive today on this planet whose opinion has any relevance to me at all.
We are all exceedingly gratified that you have come to fourtheye to garner those valuable opinions, because I'm quite certain you would not come here just to sprout your own. :D
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Maybe naming this thread "Random Tool Social Media Thread" was a bad idea, in hindsight.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:26 am

Furthermore
Mate if it takes you TWO long winded posts to complain about 14 words that I posted, then I think you're the one taking things a bit too seriously.
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I agree. Sure, Beiber is an asshat... but who are we kidding, so is Maynard in pretty much any public outing. He's missing the irony.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Boldizar wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:23 pm I agree. Sure, Beiber is an asshat... but who are we kidding, so is Maynard in pretty much any public outing. He's missing the irony.
They are both publicists and probably just muckin around on the net as we all are.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Justin Beiber has a wife?!?!?!??

WHAT?!?!?!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

All this talk about Bieber, and I'm sitting here wondering where the fuck I can find that picture that Maynard gave Matt Pinfield of Maynard's cats dramatically walking across Trent Reznor's shoulders.

#thatsallimaskingfor
#catpicsandhieroglyphs
Ahhh, Infotainment!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:25 pm
M0G wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:29 pm Christ there are probably less than 20 people in total alive today on this planet whose opinion has any relevance to me at all.
because I'm quite certain you would not come here just to sprout your own. :D
I am quite certain I do. Oh the banter is fun but I genuinely do enjoy the sound of my own voice ;)
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Boldizar wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:23 pm I agree. Sure, Beiber is an asshat... but who are we kidding, so is Maynard in pretty much any public outing. He's missing the irony.
Yeppers you nailed it. Ole Jimmy is a hypocrite.

What a strange world we live in never thought I would find myself taking Justin fucking Bieber’s side on anything ever.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Probably alll a bit of lighthearted fun but smells a bit like maynard thinks Tool are too good for beiber. Do T forget James, your just a sell out like him.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:21 am
I am quite certain I do. Oh the banter is fun but I genuinely do enjoy the sound of my own voice ;)
It was never in doubt.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:03 am
M0G wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:21 am
It was never in doubt.
Glad we are on the same page I do so enjoy our little talks.
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:44 am Probably alll a bit of lighthearted fun but smells a bit like maynard thinks Tool are too good for beiber. Do T forget James, your just a sell out like him.

I think that James can't take Bieber's behaviour serious. He was often in the news with all sorts of bad things. And further on the age difference. And I find the reaction 'bummer' very funny. And it's difficult to believe that Bieber didn't find it funny. But then again you have the hysterical girlfriend who probaby finds nothing funny at all. So who cares. I've spilled already to many words on this subject. Don't take it all so seriously. James doesn't.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Raffa D wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:40 am
Tool_User wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:44 am Probably alll a bit of lighthearted fun but smells a bit like maynard thinks Tool are too good for beiber. Do T forget James, your just a sell out like him.

I think that James can't take Bieber's behaviour serious. He was often in the news with all sorts of bad things. And further on the age difference. And I find the reaction 'bummer' very funny. And it's difficult to believe that Bieber didn't find it funny. But then again you have the hysterical girlfriend who probaby finds nothing funny at all. So who cares. I've spilled already to many words on this subject. Don't take it all so seriously. James doesn't.
Well I did say it was probably just lighthearted fun...
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Call me an unblieber but it seems to me to be cross promotional bullshit, Beliber just suddenly shared an instastory of him playing Tool within a few months of a new album release? Maynard replying on twitter? Biebers uggo wife calling Maynard out?

All with hundreds of thousands of followers?

Puhhhhhlease.

Next thing yaw'l be doing is buying a early tool demo off google/apple music without an official announcement.
Canned audience laughter
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

I can't believe we are still talking about this. Tool really needs to release some news. I don't know how much longer I can take checking these sites and reading about Justin Fucking Bieber.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Look at what Tool's non-existent band P.R. has wrought: Maynard starting beef with Justin Bieber on twitter, false digital releases, forthcoming albums that are technically unannounced... What a clown show :shock: