The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Tool_User
Optomist

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten + 3 Years, Shmen + 3 Years)

Post by Tool_User »

There had better be a good reason for not telling us the album details after all this time or else. Is there some other surprise or are they just trying to be clever cunts?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I can only think of 3 different reasons why. They are being wankers, telling us will give something away that they don't want revealed yet or they still haven't decided what to call it. Any other reasons anyone can think of?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

by Tool_User -- They are being wankers.
what else did you say? you had me sold on that one!

X a thousand!!!!! what a bunch of pricks!
Last edited by bob on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

snazzl3frass wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:37 pm
Boldizar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:10 pm We're talking about a band who paused mid-way through a recording session to play a few festival shows and fill time with VIP events. What kind of planning was that? I legitimately thought we were going to get the Opiate video release to at least give us something new and small the chew on for awhile, especially after I saw part of the damn thing and Adam said the plan was to put it out BEFORE the new album, I am stupid haha.
Remember when Danny boy said back in like 2013 they wouldn’t tour again until after the new album was released? “Ah shit you got me fellas!”
Hah, I don't recall that one... then again every other thing Danny has ever said is a new claim about the album coming out soon, so...
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Boldizar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:10 pm We're talking about a band who paused mid-way through a recording session to play a few festival shows and fill time with VIP events. What kind of planning was that? I legitimately thought we were going to get the Opiate video release to at least give us something new and small the chew on for awhile, especially after I saw part of the damn thing and Adam said the plan was to put it out BEFORE the new album, I am stupid haha.
Remember when Danny boy said back in like 2013 they wouldn’t tour again until after the new album was released? “Ah shit you got me fellas!”
Maybe he meant Australia in which case he was telling truth for once. Serves me right, I saw em 3 times last tour and at end of their set when the crowd was giving em a round of applause I said go on , fuck off don't come back til ya got new music.

Clearly they heard and listened to me
Listen to All Them Witches
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:06 pm
Maybe he meant Australia in which case he was telling truth for once. Serves me right, I saw em 3 times last tour and at end of their set when the crowd was giving em a round of applause I said go on , fuck off don't come back til ya got new music.

From what you've mentioned in the the other thread, they sound like they were good shows at least!
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Fantastic shows mate even if as mentioned I hated the way Maynard half arsed pushit. Hooker with a P was a great opener and a song I hadn't seen before so was stoked to get that
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

"Busty McCracken"

didnt Maynard look out into the crowd,turn around and say to the other guys ''Theres Busty!'' ;)
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:47 pm I can only think of 3 different reasons why. They are being wankers, telling us will give something away that they don't want revealed yet or they still haven't decided what to call it. Any other reasons anyone can think of?
They don't give a shit about the fans. Basic communication is asking too much from them. It is crazy to think we still don't know the album name. It is crazy that there has been no announcement about when their catalogue will show up on digital platforms. This is a big part of why I am not a Tool fan. I stopped being a Tool fan 8 years ago. I love their music. Some of the best rock music ever made. But I do not like "TOOL". It is odd having that sort of disassociation but that is where I am. I have moved from hating the band. Hate is too strong and there is too much of it. At this point I disagree with their approach and I don't appreciate how they treat their fans. As such I view my interaction with Tool from a purely consumer standpoint. I will never actually actively support the band again. I won't see them tour. I will never buy any merch. I will buy the album and I imagine I will listen to it often. But I will never be a Tool fan again.
The most intelligent person on this forum
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Reading what you wrote has me feeling nostalgic. Or like when the neighbor kid stole my Tonka truck back in the late 80s.

Anyway, I won’t tell anyone if you do go and see them live. You know, just to flip off Jimmy or Chewie.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:06 pm Maybe he meant Australia in which case he was telling truth for once. Serves me right, I saw em 3 times last tour and at end of their set when the crowd was giving em a round of applause I said go on , fuck off don't come back til ya got new music.
I was too busy pulling confetti out of my plumbers crack.
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Yeah I get where you are coming from mog. I get that they do things a certain way, the whole mysterious thing etc but they could throw us a fuckin bone once in a while. Publicly they do come across like they don't give a shit. And maybe they don't. But apparently at private vip sessions they say they do and very much so. Fuck knows.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm Reading what you wrote has me feeling nostalgic. Or like when the neighbor kid stole my Tonka truck back in the late 80s.

Anyway, I won’t tell anyone if you do go and see them live. You know, just to flip off Jimmy or Chewie.
Not gonna happen. I will check em out on the Youtubez where they get no money. I will buy the new album digitally and their entire back catalogue digitally when it hits ITunes and Amazon. So they will get plenty of money from me. Which to be fair they deserve, because no matter how unprofessional they are their albums are fucking dope.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:13 pm
I will buy the album and I imagine I will listen to it often. But I will never be a Tool fan again.
Clearly confused.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:48 pm Yeah I get where you are coming from mog. I get that they do things a certain way, the whole mysterious thing etc but they could throw us a fuckin bone once in a while. Publicly they do come across like they don't give a shit. And maybe they don't. But apparently at private vip sessions they say they do and very much so. Fuck knows.
The whole shrouded in mystery act got old a long time ago.

As for the VIP sessions I cannot fathom paying 500 bucks to listen to Adam talk about the "process" but at the end of the day who am I to judge how people spend their money? What I have gathered from the VIP session info that has come out is they really don't drop anything particularly interesting. Most of what they say is shit they have already said in interviews over the years. So not entirely sure what is actually VIP about it.

Maybe in some strange warped way Adam really does view it as fan service. No idea. Don't care nothing that would ever interest me. Honestly the only member of Tool who I would actually shake their hand and say thanks for the dope music is Danny. I have nothing negative to say about Danny he is too optimistic but that is probably a healthier way to live than being a grumpy pessimistic hermit like I am.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:51 pm
I will buy the album and I imagine I will listen to it often. But I will never be a Tool fan again.
Clearly confused.
I listen to Eminem's latest album Kamikaze album fairly regularly but I am not an Eminem fan. That album though is excellent and smashes mumble rap which was badly needed.

I appreciate watching Christiano Ronaldo play football but he is a piece of shit. I am not a fan. You won't ever catch me buying a Ronaldo jersey. However I will watch him play football because watching him play football is watching genius. Don't have to like a person to appreciate what they do.

I don't have to like Tool to appreciate the music they create.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:04 pm
Clearly confused.
I listen to Eminem's latest album Kamikaze album fairly regularly but I am not an Eminem fan. That album though is excellent and smashes mumble rap which was badly needed.

I appreciate watching Christiano Ronaldo play football but he is a piece of shit. I am not a fan. You won't ever catch me buying a Ronaldo jersey. However I will watch him play football because watching him play football is watching genius. Don't have to like a person to appreciate what they do.

You are being properly ridiculous. You are a fan of the music. Most precisely labeled as TooL music. Therefore...
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:12 pm
Clearly confused.

You are being properly ridiculous. You are a fan of the music. Most precisely labeled as TooL music. Therefore...
Nonsense. I just gave you numerous examples and I could provide numerous more. As I said I watch Ronaldo every time I get the chance to but I cannot stand the guy. I appreciate watching his genius on the pitch. Same with Tool. I don't like Tool. I like their music. I don't support them. I don't respect them beyond their ability to play music. I don't agree with the way they conduct themselves professionally. I don't agree with the way they treat their fans. This is not complicated.

You are arguing semantics and failing miserably.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I get what Mog is going on about, I'm a huge Woody Allan and Roman Polanski fan but I can't stand their movies.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 pm
liz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Nonsense. I just gave you numerous examples and I could provide numerous more. As I said I watch Ronaldo every time I get the chance to but I cannot stand the guy. I appreciate watching his genius on the pitch. Same with Tool. I don't like Tool. I like their music. I don't support them. I don't respect them beyond their ability to play music. I don't agree with the way they conduct themselves professionally. I don't agree with the way they treat their fans. This is not complicated.

You are arguing semantics and failing miserably.
Thank you for your dynamic monotone and don't think for a moment that we doubting believers don't appreciate your constructive ambiguity. That being said. Definitely a TooL

fan.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Oh, cool! So you're on the Ronaldo and Eminem forums too?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:29 pm I get what Mog is going on about, I'm a huge Woody Allan and Roman Polanski fan but I can't stand their movies.
Good try Dipshit but it doesn't apply and you know it. Being a "fan" is far more than having an APPRECIATION for an artist or musicians work. Being a "fan" involves actively supporting said artist, musician, athlete etc. Paying to see them live. Buying merchandise. Recommending their work to others. Appreciating work and being a "fan" are very different things.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:36 pm
tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:29 pm I get what Mog is going on about, I'm a huge Woody Allan and Roman Polanski fan but I can't stand their movies.
Good try Dipshit but it doesn't apply and you know it. Being a "fan" is far more than having an APPRECIATION for an artist or musicians work. Being a "fan" involves actively supporting said artist, musician, athlete etc. Paying to see them live. Buying merchandise. Recommending their work to others. Appreciating work and being a "fan" are very different things.
Yeah I'm the dipshit whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:33 pm
Oh, cool! So you're on the Ronaldo and Eminem forums too?
Fourtheye is not a Tool forum for me never has been. I have hated Tool for years and frequented the forum because of the music recommendations. I have used the forum over the years to try to introduce people to bands and to discover new music. Tool is a side thought beyond when I feel like fucking with Toolios. I am sure as shit not here to make friends I can barely stand most of you.

Now get the fuck out of this thread and go cry about it while your at it
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm
M0G wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:36 pm
Yeah I'm the dipshit whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Stick to what you do best. Half ass comedy and calling people cunts. Or better yet go cry for four pages about something a mod says