Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Boldizar
Optomist

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Boldizar »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:12 am
I'm not suggesting that there will be a comic released by the way, but if there was I doubt is going to be Maynard as Superman or some shit
Oh I know. I just brought it up because the shared facts of SDCC, Adam's love for comics, and Adam being the packaging guy.

"LATERALUS MAN" - complete with two eye-sawblade weapons, transcends reality to fight for justice!

(*gets stabbed by thug*) This pain is an illusion! Unfortunately not so for you...
Last edited by Boldizar on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Matthewc25
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Matthewc25 »

Well, like we’ve all been hoping, there is always next Friday :/ I honestly don’t think they will give any news. They will just release the album and then tour dates. That’s my theory. I hope I’m wrong.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Longest. Month and a half. Ever. Coming up.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't think people should get hung up on the idea of info coming on a Friday, there little to no precedent for that.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

I'm just impatient that's all. I'll probably moan and groan until I get some info to chew on.
Matthewc25
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Matthewc25 »

Same. I have ADHD so waiting for news is quite difficult. Lol.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

There is no way they are just going to drop the album. Pre-Orders will be up within the next 2 weeks.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Regardless of what the band doesn't do, one sheets should be arriving to stores in the next week or two. Someone will leak it then. I worked at a record shop for 8 years and have a friend looking out for me.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Nice. It's a shame if we find out info from leaks and not the band but whatevs. I'll take what i can get. lol
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

August 30th is only 6 weeks from now. 13 years and a whole bunch of Youtube clips makes these 6 weeks easier to process...

I'm going to predict that there'll be 10 tracks and 78:20 in total. Maybe 6 or 7 pieces of music and 3 or 4 segues but each of those main pieces will be long... like 12 minutes obviously :)
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

mattw wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 am August 30th is only 6 weeks from now. 13 years and a whole bunch of Youtube clips makes these 6 weeks easier to process...

I'm going to predict that there'll be 10 tracks and 78:20 in total. Maybe 6 or 7 pieces of music and 3 or 4 segues but each of those main pieces will be long... like 12 minutes obviously :)
I've been watching those clips for 13 years :?
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Sounds solid. I'd love for there to be a vinyl ready to buy on release day. Would love to take a drive to the record store and pick up the new Tool album on vinyl. Would be bliss.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:56 am Regardless of what the band doesn't do, one sheets should be arriving to stores in the next week or two. Someone will leak it then. I worked at a record shop for 8 years and have a friend looking out for me.
I think you nailed it. We didn't get a single we got YouTube mobile clips. We won't get an album title or tracklist from the band it will come from reddit or someone's mate at the record store. Fucking bizarre but whatever.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Just remember, all this pain is an illusion.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:43 am Sounds solid. I'd love for there to be a vinyl ready to buy on release day. Would love to take a drive to the record store and pick up the new Tool album on vinyl. Would be bliss.
If we get something physical on August 30th, then there should be at least one factory out there in this world that should have thousands of copies of the new album lying around in a warehouse by.....let's say....3 weeks from now. I guess they will commence production (=pressing) as late as possible.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

on the other hand, i've ordered vinyl copies for my own band. it was a tiny german factory and they were able to press and pack 500 per day. a big one might be able to produce a few thousand per day. depending on how complicated the packaging process is and how many copies are about to be produced, production could theoretically start as late as 10 days prior to release.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I just want some tour dates so i can schedule some vacation for this fall lol. Hoping they do a few shows in OR/WA i have never been there and would like to go.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Of course I'm going to Italy in November and knowing my luck their show will be schedule during my trip.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Yeah I’m taking the family to Atlanta in a few weeks to kill some time. This wait has been brutal. As if I won’t check for news while at the aquarium. Good news is; premier league in three weeks, NFL in four, school starts back up and then the tool cd to wrap it up and follow up with a tour. Fall is lookin good.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Absolutely. Fall is looking great! The calm before the storm!
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:43 am Sounds solid. I'd love for there to be a vinyl ready to buy on release day. Would love to take a drive to the record store and pick up the new Tool album on vinyl. Would be bliss.
For better or worse, my heart is set on it.

Only a drooling twit would think to truly experience Tool solely digitally.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Takeo wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 pm
For better or worse, my heart is set on it.

Only a drooling twit would think to truly experience Tool solely digitally.
Couldn't agree more. Want that art right in front of me while I'm listening. Just like I did with Aenima, Lateralus and 10k days.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

limeygringo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:33 pm
inequitude wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 pm Dude posted this on Reddit just before - I'd forgotten about it - it's different from the promo of similar length used for the music clinic advert, which is essentially the Descending we've heard now.

Bleeds (bleeds?) well into beginning of Descending.

Seems to be more than a jam or part of an evolution that became Descending as we know it now. Justin in particular is polished and pronounced enough to make me think it's not something they'd scrap.

So... Ascending??

I'm wondering if this is what Invincible eventually became. I saw them debut(?) this in Reno and it melted my face. Thought we were actually getting a new song at first, and whether or not it's on the new album, I'll always consider this one of the best Tool riffs/jams ever.

Did anyone here go to a clinic last year? Did they play this descending teaser live or is this just the audio for the video? I notice a lot of cuts and bad fades so I’m wondering if this is all snippets from descending? Earlier version? Is it ascending? Sounded great in the car.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

screw Blair and his 20 steps to b.s. this is where i get tired of this crap. you cant tell if that meant something or not! 20 days later and not a thing, tech that could be tomorrow too (unlikely prob anyway) but im done caring about this one. Precedent or not about friday, tired of that crap in a newsletter and getting people wondering which leads nowhere! get a real hobby Blair!

good point Boldizar,if news from record stores is what we get next at least thats something. leak the fn thing all around the world too! hahah : p

did people see the photo of Danny with Aloke Dutta in his living room playing tabla the other day?
then a day or so later there was a picture of Justin with Billy Howerdel. here it is again. just wondering if that has any relevance to anything. aaah
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

This whole thread has turned into a cry fest since all these noobs showed up. For fucks sake, get a grip.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy