Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
basejumper
Droner

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:56 pm There's a bit of talk regarding it being "Egyptian" but personally I don't see the correlation.
I can see it as similar to the "eyes" in Egyptian symbology.

"Take the two Eyes of Horus, the black and the white. Take them to your forehead, (so) that they may illuminate your face." - Sethe, 1908/1960, § 33a

Image Image
http://www.sofiatopia.org/maat/eyes.htm
the beautiful face : the two Wedjat Eyes

Both complex mythological processes related to the Two Eyes "happen" in the "zep tepy". The Single Eye represented the cosmological, theological, royal register, whereas the Wedjat Eye had anthropological, social and popular connotations. The Single Eye deals with the first and second generation of gods. The Wedjat Eye with the last generation of gods. Before creation, only one sacred Single Eye existed. After creation, Pharaoh's two eyes watched the world. His right, Solar Eye is the Eye of Re (theological), his left, Lunar Eye is the Eye of Horus, or Eye of Thoth (anthropological). Hence, Pharaoh's beautiful face was a balanced expression of all major precreational, mythical "events". In his coronation at Memphis, all constitutive elements of divine kingship came together and "the beautiful face" (epithet of Ptah of Memphis) was established.

Professor of Lesbian Science
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I didn’t like the logo, i hope it grows on me.
I forgot my pen
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Danny wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:45 pm I didn’t like the logo, i hope it grows on me.
It's just a logo, it doesn't really matter if you dislike it, or it doesn't grow on you
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I think it looks key enough.

With an mirrored upside down.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

huh! right when ur just about to give up they throw this online around 9pm Sunday night. ok!

my initial thought was i like it better then the 10k logo. after looking at it for awhile it feels divisive or empty space or something. the line that runs through the middle stops before it reaches the centre. the lines going vertical through both O O's adds to that like its a wall. that isnt very tool like.

i like the idea of folding it over. i didnt think of that. more to the story here ? i dont know.

its ok i guess. haha.
brianlikesmovies
My pain is just an excuse

Post by brianlikesmovies »

Look at it through the 10K Days glasses. Apprently it reads chod but as Im out fishing I cant say for sure.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Nice to wake up to some new stuff! I dig the new logo.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I quite like it. Cool cos it gets you thinking what's the rest gonna look like? No big deal if people don't like it it's just a logo. Unless your big into the artwork side of things of course.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Definitely got some similarities to that chod leak though which is rather worrying lol
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 am Unless your big into the artwork side of things of course.
I only got into the band due to the artwork, I usually go to their concerts with ear plugs so the horrendous music doesn't spoil the visual pleasure.
Canned audience laughter
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

It's some new font. Looks nice but I'm interested in the final product here, as in the full album artwork.

There's also all the other new music that's a kind of a big deal for me... artwork or no artwork.

I'm curious as to how they'll continue to release snippets of new info etc.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:53 am
Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 am Unless your big into the artwork side of things of course.
I only got into the band due to the artwork, I usually go to their concerts with ear plugs so the horrendous music doesn't spoil the visual pleasure.
Well you should be wearing ear plugs anyway mush, that sound stuff will ruin your hearing!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

mattw wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:01 am It's some new font. Looks nice but I'm interested in the final product here, as in the full album artwork.

There's also all the other new music that's a kind of a big deal for me... artwork or no artwork.

I'm curious as to how they'll continue to release snippets of new info etc.
Yes indeed Mathew as am I, as am I. We've been thrown a breadcrumb from the table so to speak.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

How does it look when it spins on a record?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:10 am
Well you should be wearing ear plugs anyway mush, that sound stuff will ruin your hearing!
Tool shows have never been especially loud to my ears.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I like it. It looks like something out of Alex Grey's Entheon work, which makes me think that he might have designed this logo.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 am Definitely got some similarities to that chod leak though which is rather worrying lol
i took Shed523's idea about joining the two sides together. i just used paint to paste the other half in and this is what it looks like. i see 2019 at the top part. the rest looks weird and ya! it has the T part like that ''chod'' logo has... it doesnt even need to be done like that to see those things but whatever, thought id try for fun.
Attachments
tool logo joined.PNG
tool logo joined.PNG (225.93 KiB) Viewed 8878 times
Last edited by bob on Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:19 am
Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:10 am

Tool shows have never been especially loud to my ears.
Well I've still not seen them but I take no chances since the pixies damaged my hearing at Alexander Palace. Bastards.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

bob wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:28 am
Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 am Definitely got some similarities to that chod leak though which is rather worrying lol
i took Shed523 idea about joining the two sides together. i just used paint to paste the other half in and this is what it looks like. i see 2019 at the top part. the rest looks weird and ya! it has the T sorta like that ''chod'' logo thing... weird! ha!
Lol how queer!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i donno! it was worth a try i guess.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Lenticular packaging onwards always struck me as a deliberate incentive in some measure to buy the album vs whatever other means was around to skittle revenue - casette dubbing, CD writing etc.
Although now that I think about it.... isn't most of the revenue going to the record company anyway, and touring is really where bands financially do their best? Either way, I appreciate the effort made with their packaging/art.... ill fitting socks/unsold t-shirt quilts.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

It’s a logo don’t care. Wake me up when the album is available on ITunes
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:13 am It’s a logo don’t care. Wake me up when the album is available on ITunes
Normally when people don't care, they don't post about things.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:34 am
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:13 am It’s a logo don’t care. Wake me up when the album is available on ITunes
Normally when people don't care, they don't post about things.
I was responding to Busty who said I was going to flip about it. If you prefer I could make up some rant and derail the thread?
The most intelligent person on this forum
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Is it confirmed that is TOOLs official instagram, is there any way this is fan made? I don’t dislike it. Curious to see the full album art fo sho. and Of course, the music.