The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 am
hellboy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:34 am
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:13 am It’s a logo don’t care. Wake me up when the album is available on ITunes
Normally when people don't care, they don't post about things.
I was responding to Busty who said I was going to flip about it. If you prefer I could make up some rant and derail the thread?
Well, nothing's ever stopped you in the past.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

BlackHole83 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:54 am Is it confirmed that is TOOLs official instagram, is there any way this is fan made? I don’t dislike it. Curious to see the full album art fo sho. and Of course, the music.
I guess you could argue that if it wasn't done by a band member, then technically it's fan made?
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Just please don't let them call it fucking chod. If they do it's the biggest troll ever or they have lost it. CHOD!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 am
hellboy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:34 am
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:13 am It’s a logo don’t care. Wake me up when the album is available on ITunes
Normally when people don't care, they don't post about things.
I was responding to Busty who said I was going to flip about it. If you prefer I could make up some rant and derail the thread?
You are a walking contradiction my friend
Listen to All Them Witches
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Thanks bob. The “2019” is rather unmistakeable once you see it. I’d say this new logo gives both MMXIX and chode a pulse of relevance. Not to say the chode post was 100% accurate, but maybe based on or inspired by access to real info. Too funny. That T/O is just too damn coincidental
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Here's a thought:

Is it possible this new album is just self-titled or doesn't have a name? Could they just release a disc with the new TOOL font on it and go with that? We haven't been given an album name or track list yet. Just wondering.

'Untitled' similar to Rammstein's latest work?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

inequitude wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 am Although now that I think about it.... isn't most of the revenue going to the record company anyway, and touring is really where bands financially do their best? Either way, I appreciate the effort made with their packaging/art.... ill fitting socks/unsold t-shirt quilts.
Yeah and I wonder who's stuck with the packaging bill, that's going to eat into the revenue of the album sales, suck it Sony.

But yeah, touring live is the only way bands make cash these days

https://metalwani.com/2019/07/report-se ... uyers.html
Canned audience laughter
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Would have been cool if they had some background music or something to go along with that, build up some sort of hype. Meh
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

mattw wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:42 am Here's a thought:

Is it possible this new album is just self-titled or doesn't have a name? Could they just release a disc with the new TOOL font on it and go with that? We haven't been given an album name or track list yet. Just wondering.

'Untitled' similar to Rammstein's latest work?
Could be that it has no name but we aready have song titles so surely there's a track list..
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I wouldn’t mind an eponymous title. A lot of bands find it appropriate at some point in their discography.

Even MMXIX is better than “5” (fifth lp). Another stupid titling cliche.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

BlackHole83 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:43 am Would have been cool if they had some background music or something to go along with that, build up some sort of hype. Meh
Edit the cicada sounds in there.

My issue with the design is how whispy and thin it is. It needs some girth (fitted matte or drop shadow might help). How is this going to be particularly legible when printed on things? I agree that looks like it fits into to some larger tapestry but it needs to function on its own as well.

It reminds me of hieroglyphs, but who knows. Can't belive people are still talking about Chode.
Last edited by Boldizar on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:42 am
inequitude wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 am Although now that I think about it.... isn't most of the revenue going to the record company anyway, and touring is really where bands financially do their best? Either way, I appreciate the effort made with their packaging/art.... ill fitting socks/unsold t-shirt quilts.
Yeah and I wonder who's stuck with the packaging bill, that's going to eat into the revenue of the album sales, suck it Sony.

But yeah, touring live is the only way bands make cash these days

https://metalwani.com/2019/07/report-se ... uyers.html
Presumably they needed the additional revenue to produce what appears to be an unrivalled laser production.
Worldwired DK.jpg
Worldwired DK.jpg (80.21 KiB) Viewed 7508 times
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Boldizar wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:55 am
My issue with the design is how whispy and thin it is. It needs some girth
So sick of hearing this.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

That Metallica article is quite the scandal, and probably needs it's own thread.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

bob wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:28 am
Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 am Definitely got some similarities to that chod leak though which is rather worrying lol
i took Shed523's idea about joining the two sides together. i just used paint to paste the other half in and this is what it looks like. i see 2019 at the top part. the rest looks weird and ya! it has the T part like that ''chod'' logo has... it doesnt even need to be done like that to see those things but whatever, thought id try for fun.
Looks great! Thanks for bringing that to life!
Attachments
tool%20logo%20joined.PNG
tool%20logo%20joined.PNG (225.93 KiB) Viewed 7446 times
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:10 am That Metallica article is quite the scandal, and probably needs it's own thread.
Yeah as if it isn't hard enough getting fair priced tickets as it is, greedy cunts.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

:roll:

You've got no idea how hard Lars has it
Canned audience laughter
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

https://loudwire.com/metallica-rep-live-nation-scam/
"The deal gave 40 percent of the resale revenue to Metallica, 40 percent to Live Nation, 12 percent to DiCioccio and 8 percent to Millette. A separate source claimed Live Nation’s share was lower."

Nice.

The cynical part of me is suspecting that tickets of big shows will be auctioned off individually by first market sellers at some point in the future.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

The bands and other corporate wankers don't like the fact that scalpers and resellers are making a load of money, so instead of dealing with the them they get in on it lol Fucking stupid greedy bastards I hope this hits them hard but it won't cos they are too big and rich. Always the fans that pay.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Just think: without these inflated prices "recording artists will be forever doomed to a life of only semi-luxury."

Cut to the 1:25 mark.

And there's always this:
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

thekillingjoke wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:52 am https://loudwire.com/metallica-rep-live-nation-scam/
"The deal gave 40 percent of the resale revenue to Metallica, 40 percent to Live Nation, 12 percent to DiCioccio and 8 percent to Millette. A separate source claimed Live Nation’s share was lower."

Nice.

The cynical part of me is suspecting that tickets of big shows will be auctioned off individually by first market sellers at some point in the future.
I mean, it is good to have this recording on the record, but any one who watches ticket sales go live and tries to buy them already knows this. Ticketmaster-LiveNation-StubHub has been doing this at least since StubHub was acquired. When Tool came to Detroit and Chicago in 2017 used tickets were already available on StubHub before ticket sales opened. I struggle to think of an enterprise today more transparently corrupt than concert/event ticket sales. Last time I looked seriously into buying tickets (Mastodon-Primus) the markup from the ticket price was %42. I promptly said "fuck that".
tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:07 am
So sick of hearing this.
If this is the self-deprecating, sarcastic joke I hope it is, then: :lol:
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

While I had lost hope of any news until 8-30 I now feel with the drop of the logo they might take a “normal path” towards the new album. Will we get a single now, a track list maybe, more artwork, will that damn website be updated let’s all hope so.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Matthewc25
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Matthewc25 »

I was talking with my girlfriend yesterday in the afternoon and I was telling her how I have little expectations because we haven’t heard anything. I was telling her that I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a delay. Lo and behold, they give us something! Thank god! But I’m still keeping my expectations low on any spectacular news for awhile. I do love the look of the new logo. I get a Steam punk vibe from it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Matthewc25 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:32 am I was talking with my girlfriend yesterday
Whoa slow your roll Mr Casanova sheesh
Canned audience laughter