Metallica extorts fans & I’m a disappointment to myself, more infallible truths to come

Music in all its forms and styles
tys0n
Streeper

Metallica extorts fans & I’m a disappointment to myself, more infallible truths to come

Post by tys0n »

Last edited by tys0n on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: All Metallica's soings ranked

Post by hellboy »

Damage Inc and Hit the Lights as 1 and 2? That's almost as bad as screwing your fans over to add a few more millions to your already overstuffed bank accounts.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Outlaw Torn will alwyas be my fav, fuck the haters
Canned audience laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

What’s a Soing?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

A South East Asian girl who doesn't shave.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

As money hungry as Metallica are, I don't believe for a second they knew the specifics of it. They are as big as a band gets so can't imagine they get involved in the ticket resales etc. It is telling that they've kept old mate on board but that doesn't make them guilty. If they with him as the article suggests, there's nothing to say they didn't keep him on board under the proviso he pulls his head in and gave a first and final warning not to do it again. Despite going off the rails in the 90's and loving make some coin, I see them as treating their fans pretty damn well compared to other (cough cough) bands.

And Damage Inc & Hit the lights have no business in that top 10!

Orion ftw \m/
Outlaw is a killer track too!
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:34 pm As money hungry as Metallica are, I don't believe for a second they knew the specifics of it.
Maybe so, but the silence is pretty damning at this point
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

yeah you'd think they they'd be pretty quick to make a statement. They have been very transparent over the years when things have gone down so isn't like them based on prior history and yeah the longer they stay silent, the worse it looks.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

But just as I was in the Maynard sexual harassment thread. Silence doesn't mean guilt. Accusation doesn't equate to guilt.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:52 am But just as I was in the Maynard sexual harassment thread. Silence doesn't mean guilt. Accusation doesn't equate to guilt.
Of course not, but in this particular case I think some action by the band would go a long way to smoothing things over.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

For a start they should come out and say that Master of Puppets is their best song
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

hellboy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:12 am For a start they should come out and say that Master of Puppets is their best song
Hahaha well it is the least they could do really.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty I'm sorry. Based on the lack of response and their alleged relationship with the main protagonist, chances are they are complicit.

I'm not sure selling a percentage of tickets to a resale site is any better than hign priced meets and greets. Certainly VIP sessions can dress themselves up in a little more finery but in the end...

We all need to acknowledge our transactional relationships with major bands. We can listen to their music for free if we wish. A bands aim is usually to turn their art into currency. Ultimately the ball is in our court.

Enjoy the Aussie tour Busty. Be happy for the ticket price you paid and no one loses.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

liz wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:47 am Busty I'm sorry. Based on the lack of response and their alleged relationship with the main protagonist, chances are they are complicit.
Keep in mind that the day this news broke they were playing a gig in Russia having just played in Estonia.

To me it makes sense that they would be piecing together the story and working on a statement and reponse. Given their history with Napster, they would be well aware that their response is going to be HEAVILY scrutinised so I don't fall into the camp that their silence to date implies guilt.

Good chance it will eventuate that they were aware of it and had an attitude of better the money in our pockets than scalpers. But I refuse to throw people under a bus until I have all sides to a story. That doesn't just apply to bands I love either.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

But your point is well made. It comes down to supply.and demand really. If people are willing to pay exorbitant amounts of money to meet a band, get a photo , buy a quilt or see them in concert, then why wouldnt they take advanatge of that really.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 am But your point is well made. It comes down to supply.and demand really. If people are willing to pay exorbitant amounts of money to meet a band, get a photo , buy a quilt or see them in concert, then why wouldnt they take advanatge of that really.
Yep. There is something in us I think that wants the people we admire, to appreciate or value us. In a major artist situation it is really not possible. We can chuck a Mog and deny ourselves pleasure and enjoyment or we can say "fair enough" and take what we can get and/or are prepared to pay for.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Metallica extorts fans, fans try to justify their actions

I met sepultura (albeit sans max) in 2000 and Igor and Andreas both acted like arses which really disappointed me at the time. Since then I have zero interest in meeting my heroes so to speak.

When it comes to saying I'll reserve judgement. That's got nothing to do with me liking the band. I'm actually looking into a career change at the moment as a mediator. I just naturally tend to try see all sides of an argument is all. And at present it's an article making claims. That's all the evidence we have
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:22 am I met sepultura (albeit sans max) in 2000 and Igor and Andreas both acted like arses which really disappointed me at the time. Since then I have zero interest in meeting my heroes so to speak.

When it comes to saying I'll reserve judgement. That's got nothing to do with me liking the band. I'm actually looking into a career change at the moment as a mediator. I just naturally tend to try see all sides of an argument is all. And at present it's an article making claims. That's all the evidence we have
I think you'd make an excellent mediator but the best devils advocates sees both sides too.

Don't think we've missed your thread title commentary Tyson and you'd have to say that Busty has done a pretty good job of justification (or at least benefit of the tiny doubt). For myself: not really a huge fan.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Why thank you and yes it's a bloody fine line to seeing both sides versus working people separately.

I had a good laugh at the thread name change. Time will tell. If they're guilty, I just hope they take ownership More than anything. Sadly if theyre innocent, People will still judge them as guilty due to who they are. The world loves to be outraged and jump to conclusions these days unfortunately.
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Metallica extorts fans & Liz is a bitch, more infallible truths to come

Post by liz »

@Tyson As you will appreciate that's quite tame and I thank you for your forbearance. I've obviously been called a lot worse. By you come to think of it. :lol:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Metallica extorts fans & Liz is kinda mean sometimes, more infallible truths to come

I love the thread title name change game!
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Metallica extorts fans & Liz is kinda mean sometimes, more infallible truths to come

Post by M0G »

Don't care about Metallica leaving our resident Metallica expert Busty to work it all out and give us a verdict

As for Liz....Being the insufferable mean bastard that I am identifying that trait in others is fairly easy...Liz is many things...but mean...na

Carry on
The most intelligent person on this forum
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Metallica extorts fans & I’m a disappointment to myself, more infallible truths to come

Post by Kittaan »

That’s unfortunate Tysun. Don’t worry though, you’re not alone in that. Stiff lower lip, mate.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Metallica extorts fans & I’m a disappointment to myself, more infallible truths to come

They've had more than enough time to make a statement. What a pack of cunts they are. Not that it is new information to me how money hungry they can be, but I find the sweeping under the carpet approach to be downright spineless.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Damn Busty. I hope Cog never disappoints you.