Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
the chill
Duck Hater

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by the chill »

Fucking pathetic they can’t fix their releases page on the official website. No Vicarious on the 10,000 days album, wrong art work on Lateralus, no The Grudge track, and etc. Of course this post belongs in the Grudge thread, but it’s so easy of a fix. Holy Ghost this band does not give a shit. I love them because of it, but also think I am a bigger dummy for caring about it.....
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

That's like the least chill I've ever seen you on here bro. Are you ok?
Listen to All Them Witches
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Idk what the confusion and speculation is, Tool have talked about working on a very long track for years now. Seems to be concrete info. I’m not sure it’s connected, and don’t think it is, but to me the intro to descending sounds a little rushed, Maynard sings almost immediately. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was a good segue or something before it.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:04 am That's like the least chill I've ever seen you on here bro. Are you ok?
Haha, a bit drunk and just randomly going thru the toolband site. I am chill again. 👍🏼
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

the chill wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:44 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:04 am That's like the least chill I've ever seen you on here bro. Are you ok?
Haha, a bit drunk and just randomly going thru the toolband site. I am chill again. 👍🏼
Haha just checking in on a brotha is all. Vent away my friend
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:37 pm
tys0n wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:03 pm I wondered awhile back if the end guitar solo in Descending was the massive solo that was going to be on the album, Hellboy shut me down though.
I did shut you down, but only because that 18 minute song is reportedly the last on the album, and Descending (at least in it's current form) isn't 18 minutes.

Maybe it will be the second part of an 18 minute epic, but at this point that's just speculation. To me Descending sounds "complete" at it's current length.
I just hope you're right.
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I hope your both wrong. An 18 minute epic would be cool but Invincible and Descending are long enough for me I already I don't want anything any longer than that.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

18 minutes is cool. Still like 35 minutes of music left after counting Descending and invincible. That could be four songs. There's a lot of talk about all the songs being 12+ minutes long but I think there's a good chance we'll get ones much shorter. Sebastian Bach said nothing was shorter than seven. I remember the april fools post two years back that I think showed Justin about to record his part of a song, and the timecode showed that it was around 8 minutes long. I think that part might have been legit.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

gamebounty wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:45 am 18 minutes is cool. Still like 35 minutes of music left after counting Descending and invincible. That could be four songs. There's a lot of talk about all the songs being 12+ minutes long but I think there's a good chance we'll get ones much shorter. Sebastian Bach said nothing was shorter than seven. I remember the april fools post two years back that I think showed Justin about to record his part of a song, and the timecode showed that it was around 8 minutes long. I think that part might have been legit.
I hope there are some shorter songs on there. I know it will be quality whatever it is I just don't see myself listening to an 18 minute song all that often.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

This is fucked up I really like ducks.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ziggy23 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:51 am Image
Well done Ziggy you made me proud that is M0G level hate right there
The most intelligent person on this forum
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

the chill wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:55 pm Fucking pathetic they can’t fix their releases page on the official website. No Vicarious on the 10,000 days album, wrong art work on Lateralus, no The Grudge track, and etc. Of course this post belongs in the Grudge thread, but it’s so easy of a fix. Holy Ghost this band does not give a shit. I love them because of it, but also think I am a bigger dummy for caring about it.....
It is odd that they have these errors up still. My only guess is a brand new site coming along with release. They would definitely want their site in working order if they do any preorders or ticket sales.

not long to wait and see
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

tys0n wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:10 am
hellboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:37 pm
tys0n wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:03 pm I wondered awhile back if the end guitar solo in Descending was the massive solo that was going to be on the album, Hellboy shut me down though.
I did shut you down, but only because that 18 minute song is reportedly the last on the album, and Descending (at least in it's current form) isn't 18 minutes.

Maybe it will be the second part of an 18 minute epic, but at this point that's just speculation. To me Descending sounds "complete" at it's current length.
I just hope you're right.
If we had heard Reflection on its own we never would have assumed it was the center piece to a 20 something minute epic.

Descending could very well pick up after 'Ascending' ... ?

I agree Descending sounds complete as-is. Just spitballin over here.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Well the Pusicfer store instagram pretty much just confirmed that the vinyl for the new album won’t be out till the fall. Tool has had so much time to get this out on the release date. I love vinyl and hope they rerelease Ænima with a great pressing. Not really to bummed that the new album vinyl won’t be out on Aug 30th, just as long as I can pick up the CD from a local shop and buy the album from our evil overlords at iTunes.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

If anyone was at a recent concert they know Descending is a masterpiece as is. But also that if it was extended with a prelude or extension it still would be a masterpiece.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

the chill wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:57 am Well the Pusicfer store instagram pretty much just confirmed that the vinyl for the new album won’t be out till the fall. Tool has had so much time to get this out on the release date. I love vinyl and hope they rerelease Ænima with a great pressing. Not really to bummed that the new album vinyl won’t be out on Aug 30th, just as long as I can pick up the CD from a local shop and buy the album from our evil overlords at iTunes.
Now THAT is frustrating.

I don’t use streaming services. I don’t use iTunes anymore. I don’t have any social media. Short of listening to a CD in my car (yes I have a CD player in my car), I guess I gotta hope it’s up on YouTube and bust out the trusty Bose mini.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:08 am
xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 am
Ettan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:18 amLateralus up!
i always thought this was the Lateralus cover.
Because of the slipcover's translucence and the booklet's translucence (and for some reason no vector image just made of the slipcover for these purposes), Lateralus has always had a nebulous cover representation in marketing, bad scands of the slip, scans of the book without a logo, hodgepdoges with the logo on the book. Someone on reddit shared one they made that I absolutely love.

This has always bugged me but I never knew quite when or how to whine about it. So I'll just say thanks good post and I agree.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Maynard on Joe Rogan monday making 'some long awaited annoucements'
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Yep, time and timezone anyone?
I forgot my pen
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Preorder info I presume?
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

He posts his podcasts at random times on his website. Follow rogan on twitter and he will announce the details soon.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Danny wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:31 am Yep, time and timezone anyone?
Rogan is based out of LA i believe. Timezone PST
Deftones!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Hells yeah! Had an inkling it would be announced on JRE
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Kohupersu
Maynard Believer

Post by Kohupersu »

Bummer. Hopefully this won't push the new album to the same vinyl limbo where 10000 days is. Not optimistic about the fall release though, as the band will be touring their asses off in coming months.