Fear Inoculum

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Without_a_skin_here wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm I never read so many times "dipshit" in a row. Either way, they could have done what Kate Bush did with Aerials. (I dont think that anyone here listen to Kate Bush but musically I am an omnivor). Two Cd's of 40 minutes. She did this for the concept of the album. I can imagine if you have a 18 minute song, it has to be placed in the tracklist that fits the theme and flow of the album. Maybe they had to cut the tracklist up and than 7 songs and 3 sequences make sense. It still constitute one album though.
Hellboy has said he is nearly positive (if not 100%) that the album is NOT a double album.

I think if the CD ships with 2 discs, it would be classified as a double disc album, regardless of how many minutes of music is on each of them. The number of "discs" is simply how many discs there are... not how many multiples of 80 minutes the music adds up to.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

They solved problem 8 on one disc. Rietman hypothesis.
Mk_gmbl
Maynard Believer

Post by Mk_gmbl »

So based on Alex Greys comments on his Instagram I think the album will have some sort of screen or a live animation. He states the art is indeed his, but it is also a collaboration with many other artists (like the CGI team in the vicarious video). The animation has the same "glow" or 3d effect. Also, this is all banking of the rumor of some kind of battery in the package. I'm assuming it will be some kind of "normal" cd release. Possibly a lp. But to also get a limited or deluxe version with some sort of live animation screen/ hologram possibly . Regardless I'm really excited to read him say it's only a glimpse of the whole thing. While I like the look of the teaser I can only assume it's only a very small part of a larger surprise we are in store for. Any thoughts?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Mk_gmbl wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:14 pm So based on Alex Greys comments on his Instagram I think the album will have some sort of screen or a live animation. He states the art is indeed his, but it is also a collaboration with many other artists (like the CGI team in the vicarious video). The animation has the same "glow" or 3d effect. Also, this is all banking of the rumor of some kind of battery in the package. I'm assuming it will be some kind of "normal" cd release. Possibly a lp. But to also get a limited or deluxe version with some sort of live animation screen/ hologram possibly . Regardless I'm really excited to read him say it's only a glimpse of the whole thing. While I like the look of the teaser I can only assume it's only a very small part of a larger surprise we are in store for. Any thoughts?
Yeah, I wonder if it's going to be something like a motion poster. That would be awesome.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:03 pm
Without_a_skin_here wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm I never read so many times "dipshit" in a row. Either way, they could have done what Kate Bush did with Aerials. (I dont think that anyone here listen to Kate Bush but musically I am an omnivor). Two Cd's of 40 minutes. She did this for the concept of the album. I can imagine if you have a 18 minute song, it has to be placed in the tracklist that fits the theme and flow of the album. Maybe they had to cut the tracklist up and than 7 songs and 3 sequences make sense. It still constitute one album though.
Hellboy has said he is nearly positive (if not 100%) that the album is NOT a double album.

I think if the CD ships with 2 discs, it would be classified as a double disc album, regardless of how many minutes of music is on each of them. The number of "discs" is simply how many discs there are... not how many multiples of 80 minutes the music adds up to.
Hellboy was right, this is not a double album, but having 2 discs is not the same thing. A double album is about the quantity of music, say 90 mins or more music, this is would just be two compact discs for utility and aesthetic effect.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Man I can't keep up with everything but i'm hyped
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Ultimately we will see tomorrow.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Looks familiar to that Can Buyukberber guy who did something a few years back...
Deftones!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Without a Skin - you would be wrong. I love Kate Bush. Amazing vocalist with a killer band.

Yeah, that theory has been mentioned above by at least one person. Ascending/Descending for example.

We don’t have long to wait to find out apparently.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Without_a_skin_here
Maynard Believer

Post by Without_a_skin_here »

mattw wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:45 pm ^It's already been posted in the Revolver article that there are 7 full length songs, 2 "musical segues" and 85 minutes in total. So don't worry about it. We have a 9 track album that's 1 hour and 25 minutes long. You've only heard Descending (1 song), Invincible (1 song) and CCTrip (1 'musical segue') so you still have 5 full length songs or pieces of music to devour plus another segue.

In short: it's all good :)

It's almost as if you need some sort of cure or medicine for all this fear you have here...
You could be a right as CCTrip as a sequence. Is that the official title? 85 minutes is odd though. An average CD has a length of 80 minutes max. (79,59 to be exact.) Unless you start compressing. And compressing is killing for the quality.
Without_a_skin_here
Maynard Believer

Post by Without_a_skin_here »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:21 pm @ Without a Skin - you would be wrong. I love Kate Bush. Amazing vocalist with a killer band.

Yeah, that theory has been mentioned above by at least one person. Ascending/Descending for example.

We don’t have long to wait to find out apparently.

No but the waiting can drive you mad 😉. I love the concept of Aerials. She could have compressed it on one CD, but went for two. One CD as a stand alone. The other as a conceptual piece; all songs are connected together.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Double album wouldn't matter to most, the people buying a cd would mainly doing it for collector purposes with everyone listening to the album via digital means anyway.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Lol, perhaps they just sell a package without a physical music carrier in it. But a paper with Google, apple, Amazon, etc promo codes to listen the new album online/streamed/downloaded.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

That's how most physical PC games are sold now.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

So it wouldn't be weird at all.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:21 pm @ Without a Skin - you would be wrong. I love Kate Bush. Amazing vocalist with a killer band.
Yeah I think a lot of people on here have pretty diverse tastes. Kate Bush is high tier quality music.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I mean, I absolutely adore Sarah McLachlan. Women are more interesting emotionally than most men. I think that's what makes MJK so good, is his ability to tap into his feminine side. Makes most guys uncomfortable, like they are not masculine if they listen to it, but in fact it's the opposite.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I just want the “double album” for a chance to get more music. I’ll take a single cd of new songs and an accompanying live dvd or movie of visuals to go along with the songs. More than 80 mins of new music would of course also be welcomed.

Just something extra cuz of the time we have waited. Not expecting more, just want more haha. Probably will only be 80 mins just like all the prior releases.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

You don’t want it, you just need it?
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

So my understanding is that CCTrip is one of the seven tracks, not one of the 2 segues.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Let's think about this for a second guys. Do you really think Tool would spend the funds to produce a second CD for going 5 or so minutes over the 80 minute mark? There's no way. They have either edited things down to get to 78-80 minutes to fit on one CD or it's somehow compressed beyond my knowledge. But there is absolutely no way this is being shipped on two CD's. Not a chance.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Agreed - I think we should be taking the Revolver running time with some skepticism.
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

I like the artwork. Much better than 10,000 Days. Closer to the Undertow/Aenima style.

That "CCTrip" which is essentially a drum solo is being considered one of the seven "tracks" is disappointing. Six songs total is rough.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

But is it called CCTrip??
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

So are we getting the track list for the album or a lead track single release on Wednesday? If the lead track is FI that’ll be the third song before the album drops. Something tells me it’s Invincible though. Hard to keep up with all this info, was off the grid for a few days and came back to all this :)

Happy for all of you excited for pre sales and special edition magazine covers and whatnot but I’m just ready for some freakin new tunes. I’ll buy the cheapest hard copy available and be a happy camper :)