Fear Inoculum

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by nxrm »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 pm That's a solid Busty stamp of assurance right there..... with extra Bust!
That's all I needed. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

As for pre-orders, it looks like they've completely flipped the script. All out digital up front with a secondary physical release. This will be interesting.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

nxrm wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:24 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 pm That's a solid Busty stamp of assurance right there..... with extra Bust!
That's all I needed. :D
Glad I could be of assistance
Listen to All Them Witches
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Boldizar wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:21 pm The band said information on the release was coming out, implying the physical deluxe edition. Why wouldn't people be upset?
Tool fans getting upset over this be like

Listen to All Them Witches
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Why should someone pre order a digital release? Can they sell out or something? That'd be awkward. ;)
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

I think people were expecting links to package info and physical copies
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I agree, as I said: what's the point in preordering a digital release?
Early Access is the only extra they could give to do that.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

The disappointment stems from this not being a true “pre-order” as the band posted on Monday. Everything should be righted soon, but frustration is righteous tonight. The fact the band posts this stuff themselves is both colloquial/endearing and aggravating at times.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 pm
bob wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:53 pm Busty! its cause its just digital sales. wheres the preorders for stores/physical releases. is production behind or what? will only digital be around on the 30th ? im not bent on that yet but you think more would be shown then just digital ''preorders''.
They'll be up tomorrow. There's no delays with packaging. She'll be apples mate. This time tomorrow you'll be able to here a studio version of a song and pre order. That's a solid Busty stamp of assurance right there..... with extra Bust!
ya, i kinda take back what i said. i dont know why i thought the band would be linking everyone to amazon or something like that..off their own site if they do sure but everywhere else is not up to them to post. not that i recall with anything really.

im not even impatient. we've been spoiled the last week or so. the end of march ive been all about tool everyday..its gravy now! shits too easy! :)
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Takeo wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:21 pm The fact the band posts this stuff themselves is both colloquial/endearing and aggravating at times.
Colloquial speaking, I believe your use of the word is incorrect. Hope M0G doesn't catch wind of it!
Professor of Lesbian Science
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

bob wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:24 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 pm
bob wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:53 pm Busty! its cause its just digital sales. wheres the preorders for stores/physical releases. is production behind or what? will only digital be around on the 30th ? im not bent on that yet but you think more would be shown then just digital ''preorders''.
They'll be up tomorrow. There's no delays with packaging. She'll be apples mate. This time tomorrow you'll be able to here a studio version of a song and pre order. That's a solid Busty stamp of assurance right there..... with extra Bust!
ya, i kinda take back what i said. i dont know why i thought the band would be linking everyone to amazon or something like that..off their own site if they do sure but everywhere else is not up to them to post. not that i recall with anything really.

im not even impatient. we've been spoiled the last week or so. the end of march ive been all about tool everyday..its gravy now! shits too easy! :)
Amazon has the cd up for pre-order at 44 dollar. But no info on extras. A Dutch shop has the cd at pre order for 19 euro (some 22 dollar) with no additional info.
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

I don't get why people keep mentioning "special edition" and "limited release". We've seen nothing from the band or anyone else that suggests that. Far as I've seen it's just this one "special packaging" which isn't going to be a limited run but just the main release.

It'll be good to finally hear a song.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

SoMuchChub wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:51 pm I don't get why people keep mentioning "special edition" and "limited release". We've seen nothing from the band or anyone else that suggests that. Far as I've seen it's just this one "special packaging" which isn't going to be a limited run but just the main release.
I think many of us are happy with the idea that there is one main package, that will be broadly available. This is the one at Port of Sound yesterday and Amazon today.

What some are wondering is if there will be some kind of package above that, possibly offered via Toolband. The answer may be "no", but hasn't really be clarified one way or the other.
SoMuchChub

Post by SoMuchChub »

Surely people would have more sense than to order from Toolband. They should be the last ditch option.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Australia Peeps, how do you plan to get your hands on the physical copy? My first time buying a TOOL CD here and want to make sure I get it right with no delays. Cheers
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Australia Peeps, how do you plan to get your hands on the physical copy? My first time buying a TOOL CD here and want to make sure I get it right with no delays. Cheers
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:59 pm I think many of us are happy with the idea that there is one main package, that will be broadly available. This is the one at Port of Sound yesterday and Amazon today.
Yes, exactly.

I think the confusion and fear is that the "Special Packaging version" that Adam mentioned on Instagram was limited. Which may be the case or may not be...I don't think we have confirmation either way yet.

What's great is that we'll all know soon enough. :D
SoMuchChub

Post by SoMuchChub »

BlackHole83 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:05 pm Australia Peeps, how do you plan to get your hands on the physical copy? My first time buying a TOOL CD here and want to make sure I get it right with no delays. Cheers
JB Hi-Fi. There's one on every corner of everywhere. They'll have plenty.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Moridin wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:30 pm
ziggy23 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:17 pm
Spoonman wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 pm

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

BlackHole83 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:05 pm Australia Peeps, how do you plan to get your hands on the physical copy? My first time buying a TOOL CD here and want to make sure I get it right with no delays. Cheers
Amazon, they usually price beat most competitors and free shipping with Prime (also usually shipped ahead so you get it on release day, never had a problem with it)
Canned audience laughter
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Looks like the Amazon link may be legitimate: Fear Inoculum

They list the Record Label as RCA, which is a subsidiary of Sony.

And then this from RCA: Tool Catalog Now Available Via Digital Service Providers
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

nxrm wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:40 pm Looks like the Amazon link may be legitimate: Fear Inoculum
In that amazon link - You-Gonna-Love-Not-Tellin

What the heck does that mean?
Canned audience laughter
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

FWIW...Taken from Amazon...

The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card
Deftones!
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

I just had one of those silent 'holy fuck it's actually here' moments.
Been obsessed since 96, first show Brisbane 97. To get a new album 23 years later and still love all their music is just wonderful.

1500x1500 cover
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1500_.jpg